Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Academy Dublin ID

Options
  • 25-09-2016 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I want to go to an over 18s concert in the academy in april but i won't be 18 until may. I'm sure i could get a "fake" id on time but i know they are really really strict and i was just wondering if anyone has got in with a "National Identity Card" or if yous know any "novelty" card places lmao. I will do anything to see this guy live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

They're not that strict with ID in there. You'll be left in no problems, but probably only be asked for ID at the bar. I'm open for correction on this though as its been awhile since i've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ashley991

They're not that strict with ID in there. You'll be left in no problems, but probably only be asked for ID at the bar. I'm open for correction on this though as its been awhile since i've been there.
    I went there this time last year as a total idiot thinking they would let me in because I'm tall but the bouncers stopped me and my three friends immediately and sent us to the crowd of like 30 other fans who couldnt get in:/ I just dont want the same thing happening like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

For real?? The Academy's doorstaff are really on the ball when it comes to ID, and rightly so, my daughter comes over a lot for gigs and is ID'd nearly every time, she's 23 and looks it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

ashley991 wrote: »
    I want to go to an over 18s concert in the academy in april but i won't be 18 until may. I'm sure i could get a "fake" id on time but i know they are really really strict and i was just wondering if anyone has got in with a "National Identity Card" or if yous know any "novelty" card places lmao. I will do anything to see this guy live.

My 17 year old nephew was just three weeks away from his 18th birthday and was still refused admittance even though he was with me and looks much older than 18.
    He's been back several times since and he gets ID'd every time - they only accept passports or Garda-issued National Age Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ashley991

Update: The concert is now all ages so its all g but thank you guys!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In case anyone else finds this thread I have also seen them being quite strict about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Coracdon

I want to go to a 16's concert at the academy but one of my friends going won't be 16 until a few weeks after. Will we be asked for proof of age ?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Coracdon wrote: »
    I want to go to a 16's concert at the academy but one of my friends going won't be 16 until a few weeks after. Will we be asked for proof of age ?

More than likely. I've seen people turned away at over 18 gigs being 3 days short. Not sure about 16s but I say it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

viv2 wrote: »
    More than likely. I've seen people turned away at over 18 gigs being 3 days short. Not sure about 16s but I say it's the same.

Over 18 is a legal issue as alcohol is sold. There is presumably no alcohol at the under 16s so it would be more like a 15 year old getting into a 16s disco.

At a previous one I heard 18+ people were served alcohol on the top floor, there is a bouncer usually manning the stairs up there.

Advertisement