Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with PVC windows

Options
  • 23-09-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi- I got three new pvc windows fitted two months ago.Insurance Co asked for key locking window handles so the new windows have those.However the little barrells in the locks have fallen out of two of the window handles so far and the handles have been replaced by the window company with the same type.The fitter left one lock covered over with a plastic button so it cant be keylocked anymore. It seems very soon for locks to fail. The lock has now fallen out of the third window now.I looked at the type of handles online and they seem a regular type/brand. Anyone else have trouble with locks on new pvc windows?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

I realise the OP is ancient but PVC windows are consumer goods, your rights (new OP) are the same, repair, replace refund etc. etc.

If you had a decent glazier in the first place they'll be out to you pretty quickly to sort it, things happen and good trades people will always look after you if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I realise the OP is ancient but PVC windows are consumer goods, your rights (new OP) are the same, repair, replace refund etc. etc.

PVC windows in general might be but the OP's aren't.
    If you had a decent glazier in the first place they'll be out to you pretty quickly to sort it, things happen and good trades people will always look after you if they do.

The OP didn't employ a glazier. The building contractor did, over a decade ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

PVC windows in general might be but the OP's aren't.

You're missing the post resurrecting the thread.
    The OP didn't employ a glazier. The building contractor did, over a decade ago.

2 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out from older thread as the circumstances are different.

OP, what was the value of the windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If insurance company are requiring key locking to all windows, they are seeking a spec that is outside of the building regulations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement