Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring new battery into Garmin 500

Options
  • 25-09-2016 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I have tried wiring a new battery into a Garmin 500 but it won't power up.
    Anyone know about this and see if I've done something wrong from the pics below.
    It powers up fine if it's plugged into the mains, but the light is on constantly. Also, I can't seem to be a able to do a master reset (but these may not be related - the main thing is to get it wired properly at least).
    397700.jpg
    397701.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

What condition is your screen in? Have a 500 with a smashed screen that still powers on and whatnot (i.e it just needs a new screen). Yours if you want it if you can't find a solution to fix your unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

In case you haven't seen this. It might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf9UzNh9L9E

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Hey, thanks both for the link to the YouTube video and the offer of the spare.
    I was able to see where I went wrong from the video.
    If anyone else is trying this, one thing that is very not clear from the video is the un-attaching (and re-attaching) of the screen to the board. There is a long, dark tab that has to be lifted to release the screen, and pushed down again to secure.
    It seems to be working fine now, apart for a small, hollow rectangle that appears on the screen at startup.

Advertisement