Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Data Coverage in the Maynooth/Lucan/Leixlip area

Options
  • 25-09-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am a student in Maynooth. I just got a new phone and I may be moving to either one of the three towns above. I was just wondering who the best Network is in terms of Data Coverage as well as Network Coverage. I am looking for a decent network that will hopefulle deliver 4G in most areas with at least 15Gb of data for less than €20. At the moment Lycamobile is looking good with Unlimited calls and texts as well as 30GB data for €15. But I don't know what their coverage is like in those areas.
    Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

TudorIce12 wrote: »
    I am a student in Maynooth. I just got a new phone and I may be moving to either one of the three towns above. I was just wondering who the best Network is in terms of Data Coverage as well as Network Coverage. I am looking for a decent network that will hopefulle deliver 4G in most areas with at least 15Gb of data for less than €20. At the moment Lycamobile is looking good with Unlimited calls and texts as well as 30GB data for €15. But I don't know what their coverage is like in those areas.
    Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

I am with Meteor and get 4G in Leixlip, will check other towns next time I'm in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Certain areas between Leixlip, Maynooth and dunboyne (like carton house for example) are complete 4G blindspots for me - on vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

You can see who has masts where here:

http://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#explore

Check each mast as a lot are only 2G.

GSM = 2G
    UMTS = 3G
    LTE = 4G

Many GSM-only masts on Three's network were formerly O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You will be stuck on the legacy O2 network only if using Lycamobile (for now, anyway). This is EXTREMELY bad in Maynooth at least. Poor quality voice, no data is common.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Vodafone has full 4G all over these areas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement