Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tattoo

Options
  • 25-09-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi Guys! Living in Dublin and will be getting a new tattoo soon.. The tattoo itself will cover most my inner right arm and will be very detailed... Could anyone give me a recommendation of an artist who has a lot of experience with detailed tattoos..Also what kind of pricing would I be looking at 100 per hour up?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hi Rainmann, this question gets asked allot here and as always it is difficult to answer. You need to provide allot more information, but to be honest, you are better off taking your idea to a couple of artists and get them to estimate the cost... how long is a piece of string... I've paid 100euro/hour before...

As for an artist, I cannot help you there. You might offer more details, such as style of tattoo, type of colour, level of detail. 'Very detailed' isn't really enough information, as that is subjective.

I would start by finding the artist you want first & work backwards from there. I would also budget high, as you want the best qyuality possible and that costs in terms of time put in, preparation etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Hi Rainmann, this question gets asked allot here and as always it is difficult to answer. You need to provide allot more information, but to be honest, you are better off taking your idea to a couple of artists and get them to estimate the cost... how long is a piece of string... I've paid 100euro/hour before...

As for an artist, I cannot help you there. You might offer more details, such as style of tattoo, type of colour, level of detail. 'Very detailed' isn't really enough information, as that is subjective.

I would start by finding the artist you want first & work backwards from there. I would also budget high, as you want the best qyuality possible and that costs in terms of time put in, preparation etc...

Hi Bluefoam. Thanks for the reply. I think you are right and I will be taking the idea to a couple of artists in Dublin soon..I have attached the basic idea of the tattoo..I will be making a couple of changes to the detail and there will also be a shamrock in the center. I am also undecided weather to add some colour to the tattoo also.. I will likely decide this when I show it to a couple of artists and get some feedback on what would look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Wagner in Dublin ink has done a lot of mandala stuff like that. He usually works in black and grey. Check out his stuff on their face book page and his own instagram. His stuff is really good, nice and clean and really straight lines.

Not sure of the shamrock in the middle though, the whole idea is that they are very symmetrical. think a shamrock might throw this off but talk to the artist about it.

joey100 wrote: »
    Wagner in Dublin ink has done a lot of mandala stuff like that. He usually works in black and grey. Check out his stuff on their face book page and his own instagram. His stuff is really good, nice and clean and really straight lines.

Not sure of the shamrock in the middle though, the whole idea is that they are very symmetrical. think a shamrock might throw this off but talk to the artist about it.

Thank you! I will check him out on FB. Yeah I know what you mean. I will see if there is a work around for the shamrock. I may need to change some aspects of the design for it to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Rainmann wrote: »
    Thank you! I will check him out on FB. Yeah I know what you mean. I will see if there is a work around for the shamrock. I may need to change some aspects of the design for it to work..

As you say... speak to a couple of artists, chose who you prefer to work with based on portfolio, attitude & price, then work out the finer details of the design with them. Sounds like you are doing everything the right way so far...

I am intrigued by line-work like that... how do you ensure the lines stay so fine and sharp etc...

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »
    As you say... speak to a couple of artists, chose who you prefer to work with based on portfolio, attitude & price, then work out the finer details of the design with them. Sounds like you are doing everything the right way so far...

I am intrigued by line-work like that... how do you ensure the lines stay so fine and sharp etc...

Yeah that's why I was a little worried about the type of detail / finding someone who is good at this kind of thing... I am going to try and find 3 artists with some similar work and take it from there.. Can you just pop into the studio or should I be calling in advance for an appointment?

Just had a look at some of Wagners work on FB. Very impressive and a lot of similar styles to my one.. I may be paying him a visit.

Getting my tattoo tomorrow off Wagner! I will post up some pics:D

Rainmann wrote: »
    Getting my tattoo tomorrow off Wagner! I will post up some pics:D

Here it is..Wrapped in plastic at the moment so not the best shot.. I will post up another photo in a few days with the final result.

Advertisement