Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Cage Rat Trap

• 25-09-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Does anybody use either of these cages? Just woundering If One is better than the other?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Have used both, found the 1 in the second picture had a better catch rate,

other one great for catching blackbirds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

fiestaman wrote: »
    Does anybody use either of these cages? Just woundering If One is better than the other?

I also used both and I also had more success with the one in the second image.
    I have caught numerous rats at the same time, I had 14 young ones in it one night.

zeissman wrote: »
    I have caught numerous rats at the same time,

Only ever caught more then 1 rat on two occasions, but both times 1 killed the other in the trap. Did you ever come across that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Only ever caught more then 1 rat on two occasions, but both times 1 killed the other in the trap. Did you ever come across that?

No.
    I would of checked the cage every day though so maybe if you left them longer one could kill the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Had a young rat get caught in a mink cage once, and he managed to get half way out through one of the squares in the mesh, and got stuck. He was half eaten by other rats. Little bits of flesh beside the body told the story. I caught 14 more after that.

• Advertisement

No, checked mornings and evenings, both times the rats were caught during the night, so depending on when they went both went in, maximum 12 hours in trap.

Advertisement