If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio set up

Options
  • 25-09-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi
    I would like to get a home audio set up that would be used used as equal three way split between vinyl, spotify and tv. The set up would be in my sitting room-average size. I have decided on the Project Debut Carbon for the turntable. Can you advise on the amp and speakers. Budget is around €1000.
    Thanks.    

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Baz19 wrote: »
    Hi
    I would like to get a home audio set up that would be used used as equal three way split between vinyl, spotify and tv. The set up would be in my sitting room-average size. I have decided on the Project Debut Carbon for the turntable. Can you advise on the amp and speakers. Budget is around €1000.
    Thanks.    
    Hey Baz19.

Just a quick question before I do up some pricing.

Are you looking to run 5.1 home cinema or 2 channel stereo?

They are two different types of amps used for these setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Baz19

Hi
    Thanks.    
    Hey Baz19.

Just a quick question before I do up some pricing.

Are you looking to run 5.1 home cinema or 2 channel stereo?

They are two different types of amps used for these setups.
    Hi Kenny
    Music definitely outweighs movies tv etc so I guess 2 channel stereo
    Baz

Hi Baz,

The Project Carbon is a fantastic turntable, I bought myself one two years ago and I'll be keeping it for many years to come. If you are looking for a good amplifier to drive these I would suggest the Cambridge Audio CXA60. I have auditioned many amps with this turntable and the Cambridge is by far the best at £499 sterling. It also has optical and co-ax inputs for your television. You would need a pre-amp to run into it (around £49.95). It also has bluetooth capabilities if you add the BT100 dongle.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge
    /cxa60/camb-cxa-60-blk

Are you looking for bookshelf speakers for these? Again I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s which retail at £279. These won the what hi fi award for best speakers up to £400 and there really aren't many that come close in the same price range.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/monitor-audio/bronze-2/moni-audi-bron-2-blk
    It's a little bit more than your budget but if you were interested I could do it for £1010 sterling.

Let me know if you would be interested.

Many thanks

David

Hi Baz,

The Project Carbon is a fantastic turntable, I bought myself one two years ago and I'll be keeping it for many years to come. If you are looking for a good amplifier to drive these I would suggest the Cambridge Audio CXA60. I have auditioned many amps with this turntable and the Cambridge is by far the best at £499 sterling. It also has optical and co-ax inputs for your television. You would need a pre-amp to run into it (around £49.95). It also has bluetooth capabilities if you add the BT100 dongle.

Are you looking for bookshelf speakers for these? Again I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s which retail at £279. These won the what hi fi award for best speakers up to £400 and there really aren't many that come close in the same price range.

--It's a little bit more than your budget but if you were interested I could do it for £1010 sterling.

Many thanks

David
    Hi David
    amp and speakers seem great. Is the pre amp and dongle included in price?
    Baz 

Hi Baz,

--It's a little bit more than your budget but if you were interested I could do it for £1010 sterling.

Many thanks

David
    Hi David
    amp and speakers seem great. Is the pre amp and dongle included in price?
    Baz 
    Hi Baz.

The CXA60 does not have a built in phono stage.
    There are a few you could add to this:

Project Phono Box MM priced at £49.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201010-project-phonobox-mm-blk.aspx

Cambridge 651p priced at £99.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11609-azur-651p.aspx

Rega also offer the Fono mini priced at £89.95
    http://www.rega.co.uk/fono-mini-a2d.html

The BT100 dongle is also an extra coming in at £69.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200365-bt100-bluetooth-dongle.aspx

Hope this helps.

Let me know what you think.

• Advertisement

Hi 
    thanks for your help
    it's looking like the 

Cambridge Audio CXA60
    Project Phono Box MM 

Project Carbon Debut

Monitor Audio Bronze 2s

Soundstyle Z2 stands

also 
    • a connector from phono box to amp (if needed)
    • some speaker cable
    [*]
    can you give me a quote for above 

Baz

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi 
    thanks for your help
    it's looking like the 

Cambridge Audio CXA60
    Project Phono Box MM 

Project Carbon Debut

Monitor Audio Bronze 2s

Soundstyle Z2 stands

also 
    • a connector from phono box to amp (if needed)
    • some speaker cable

[*]
    can you give me a quote for above 

Baz
    [*]
    HI Baz, thanks for the post

What length of cable would you need? if only talking a couple of metres, I could do all of the above, including Audioquest Chicago interconnect and 2metres of Canbridge Ultra Micro for £1165 including delivery

Regards
    Brian

that sounds great Brian
    I'll give you a bell in morning
    Regards
    Baz

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

that sounds great Brian
    I'll give you a bell in morning
    Regards
    Baz
    cheers Baz

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.