Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

quickbeam wrote: »
    One other question Mick (and you'll be off my watch-list). Any reason you whited out the "Snow" of "Jon Snow" above? I only noticed it when Max (and maybe somebody else) quoted the post.

Well done for giving up our 3rd stark member

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

quickbeam wrote: »
    Right I'll check back in at lunch..

Andy, Max and A Neurotic are the task fellas :pac:

Sorry to point out Jon Snow

But 1 for 2 aint bad returns

One other question Mick (and you'll be off my watch-list). Any reason you whited out the "Snow" of "Jon Snow" above? I only noticed it when Max (and maybe somebody else) quoted the post.

I was about to say it showed up fine when I looked at the post on my phone now but I see brackets around the text when I was quoting this to ask what you meant.

His other explanation I buy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm heading home from work now. Be back online in an hour. Lots to think about :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Got RL stuff to do for the next few hours. Hopefully I'll get an hour before the lynch to catch up.

No consensus just yet it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Nopeare wrote: »
    I think we definitely post here for votes.

As for racing people I think racing 2 is far more telling. If we are racing 3 and lets say one is Baratheon or a Lannister it makes it easier splitting votes and turning attention towards other players. While if 2 are been raced with smaller numbers they need to band together if they're at risk, and can be a bit more telling in my opinion.

As to who to race I've no idea really yet

Fine, I'll do it.

MicksJaguar has practically offered himself up and earlier we had Maximus Alexander offer himself.
    The above deserves a lynch in itself but I'll cop on and play properly now if ye do lynch me its all my own fault and i apologise for wasting a lynch
    Here lads race me and Mick, I can't deal with this all game. smile.png

While I'm suspicious of y0ssar1an22, we do have two self nominated sacrificial lambs.

Are we ready to consolidate a plan for a race?

I'll be voting for MicksJaguar; Let's create a race condition as Nopeare pointed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

A Neurotic wrote:
    No reason it wouldn't be allowed. I lurked the last game, I recall one of the tasks being the first letter of each of the guy's posts spelling out something or other.

Everybody votes for the person on the list below them except for 1) crosstownk who votes quickbeam 2) The_Valeyard who votes for Barney92 3) Persepoly who votes for y0ssar1an22 4) the sheriff, a deeply mentally deranged individual, will have the casting vote on who to be lynched

This is the closest we've come to a system for voting, but if I'm reading it correctly it essentially gives the sheriff (me, for now) the absolute decision on who to lynch. How do people feel about that?

FWIW, the only people really on my radar are Mick and Shatter.

Don't know why that first quote is in previous post. Mobile app is a strange beast.

Can someone explain the point of racing to me? I'm not playing dumb, but it's my first game.

Not buying yossers logic at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Fine, I'll do it.

MicksJaguar has practically offered himself up and earlier we had Maximus Alexander offer himself.

While I'm suspicious of y0ssar1an22, we do have two self nominated sacrificial lambs.

Are we ready to consolidate a plan for a race?

I'll be voting for MicksJaguar; Let's create a race condition as Nopeare pointed out.
    Fine, I'll do it.

Do you think either of Mick or I are not villagers? If so, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Don't know why that first quote is in previous post. Mobile app is a strange beast.

Can someone explain the point of racing to me? I'm not playing dumb, but it's my first game.

I'd appreciate it too as I've never played online before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

This is the closest we've come to a system for voting, but if I'm reading it correctly it essentially gives the sheriff (me, for now) the absolute decision on who to lynch. How do people feel about that?

FWIW, the only people really on my radar are Mick and Shatter.

I agree 100%
    MicksJaguar v shatterproof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭andy125

Also races arent as good in this game as there is 3 bad teams not one so they wont give a **** about each other its hard to pinpoint 2 people in a list of 25 if we have one of them up for a lynch (presuming other members have joined)

What voting patterns do people think they will see?

Getting people talking is the only way for info we will see f all from voting patterns for a good few days

Just reading back over a few posts and in regards to this one,

what is the conciseness for running 2 people for lynch, i understand what mick is saying but i think running 2 will still give us information later down the road where it will be more vital

we have 3 groups of evil
    Baratheons
    Lannisters
    The nights king

We can scratch the NKs voting because he wants anyone dead

the 2 other groups want us dead and each other dead so we can still learn alot by running 2 people for lynch and see who pushes for who and why

if we just pick one person and lynch them what do we learn?

I suggest putting 2 people that have shown some kind of evidence of doing a task and run from there maybe?

I have nothing much to go on but I'm going to suggest my original plan of low posters hiding. So just picking from the list these are the 2 I'd race

So my suggestions for a race
    1) Dottie - as someone mentioned started posting when I mentioned looking at low posters

2)Shane C - my post 182 by getting the time wrong on 2 posts seemed like a task

Again nothing against anyone it's day one, no information and that's who I'd race
    Shane.C wrote: »
    Apologies, everybody see Shatters post , 9.48am (I previously stated 9.58 in error) as a potential task?

This could be paranoia but you posted at 10:20 (post 123) and 10:48 (post 156) with the time as 9:58 this could be a task?

Not sure we have satellite shops in Westeros anyway! Might have to head to Old Valyria for a job like that :)
    andy125 wrote: »
    Just reading back over a few posts and in regards to this one,

what is the conciseness for running 2 people for lynch, i understand what mick is saying but i think running 2 will still give us information later down the road where it will be more vital

we have 3 groups of evil
    Baratheons
    Lannisters
    The nights king

We can scratch the NKs voting because he wants anyone dead

the 2 other groups want us dead and each other dead so we can still learn alot by running 2 people for lynch and see who pushes for who and why

if we just pick one person and lynch them what do we learn?

I suggest putting 2 people that have shown some kind of evidence of doing a task and run from there maybe?

Ya after I posted I thought way down the line it might give info and as you say its better than a landslide. I doubt it will lead to much as we have the priest and its always harder to look at voting patterns that arent on thread plus the priest needs to live untill near the end (or the apprentice)

Its better to race on 2nd thoughts but I wouldnt be hopefull of it giving us info

No idea how I quoted Ms Flushdraw there was looking through her posts earlier but didnt mean to quote

No idea how I quoted Ms Flushdraw there was looking through her posts earlier but didnt mean to quote

Your accidental quote raises and interesting point though, in light of recent discussions, with her mentioning two GoT locations in that post. :pac:

I have nothing much to go on but I'm going to suggest my original plan of low posters hiding. So just picking from the list these are the 2 I'd race

1) Dottie - as someone mentioned started posting when I mentioned looking at low posters

Again nothing against anyone it's day one, no information and that's who I'd race

Micks posting in different colour fonts at different times could be a task too.

Though he I suppose highlighted it himself. But that could be just a case of misdirection.

I agree with Andy though. There's no point in focusing on one person.

Lynching needs to be a race off in order to gain insight. The info itself might not prove useful immediately but could be important when analysing voting patterns late in the game. The information gained from the first lynch in game 1 proved to be vital AFAIR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I don't mind whether or not we race, but it might help later on in the game, even if only a small piece of information is gained. I had thought mick was suspicious but I do think his explanation of his question to Andy was legit. However, I remain suspicious of yosser due to the various accusations earlier on, and shatter because he wasn't killed first. Although the bit about shatter is mostly in jest.

Your accidental quote raises and interesting point though, in light of recent discussions, with her mentioning two GoT locations in that post. :pac:

It would be a ballsy move to draw attention to your own task... But not beyond the realms of possibility... However, the Mods did say that knowledge of GoT would not be required... So perhaps not. The usual day 1 clutching at straws

Cats outta the bag now she had 2 posts in a row highlighting different places I wanted to wait and see what she did if anything but ce la vie

• Advertisement

Again, a quick primer on racing would be appreciated. Is it that everyone votes provisionally, than the top two are selected and everyone recasts their vote for one or the other? Struggling to follow.the logic of it.

Uriel. wrote: »
    It would be a ballsy move to draw attention to your own task... But not beyond the realms of possibility... However, the Mods did say that knowledge of GoT would not be required... So perhaps not. The usual day 1 clutching at straws

It was dottie that suggested that could be a task, not MrsFD!

The posts 9 mins apart

Not sure we have satellite shops in Westeros anyway! Might have to head to Old Valyria for a job like that :)
    The seven? so you are from Kings Landing or Casterly Rock then? hmmm

Cats outta the bag now she had 2 posts in a row highlighting different places I wanted to wait and see what she did if anything but ce la vie

Sorry. :o

Micks posting in different colour fonts at different times could be a task too.

Though he I suppose highlighted it himself. But that could be just a case of misdirection.

I agree with Andy though. There's no point in focusing on one person.

Lynching needs to be a race off in order to gain insight. The info itself might not prove useful immediately but could be important when analysing voting patterns late in the game. The information gained from the first lynch in game 1 proved to be vital AFAIR

I have 2 players suggested for a race with reasons

The posts 9 mins apart

That's actually dodgy as hell...

Sorry. :o

My fault I was going to post them had them multi quoted but decided against it forgot multi quote holds on to posts baaaaaaaa

It was dottie that suggested that could be a task, not MrsFD!

Hmmm

So does anyone know the relevance of the locations. While I'm up to speed on GoT I don't follow it closely enough but are the locations that she mentioned each one of the seven kingdoms or some other link?

Still thinking about what the Mods said though regarding no GoT knowledge required.

Again, a quick primer on racing would be appreciated. Is it that everyone votes provisionally, than the top two are selected and everyone recasts their vote for one or the other? Struggling to follow.the logic of it.

Basically we suggest 2 people to vote on and everyone votes one of the 2. If one is a role and is up multiple times with people defending them/not voting them it gives us information

• Advertisement

Hmmm

So does anyone know the relevance of the locations. While I'm up to speed on GoT I don't follow it closely enough but are the locations that she mentioned each one of the seven kingdoms or some other link?

Still thinking about what the Mods said though regarding no GoT knowledge required.

Westeros is sort of like a country, I guess. King's Landing and Casterly Rock are in Westeros. King's Landing is like the capital where the king lives. Casterly Rock is the Lannister's gaff. Valyria is on another continent.

I doubt if the locations themselves are relevant. You could imagine a task being "Mention two locations from Game of Thrones in two consecutive posts" though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement