Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Comments

Westeros is sort of like a country, I guess. King's Landing and Casterly Rock are in Westeros. King's Landing is like the capital where the king lives. Casterly Rock is the Lannister's gaff. Valyria is on another continent.

I doubt if the locations themselves are relevant. You could imagine a task being "Mention two locations from Game of Thrones in two consecutive posts" though.

Depending where you are in GOT

Baratheons home would be Kings Landing and Lanisters would be Casterly it was this that made me hold off posting as no mention of winterfell but as I said the Dyer wolf is out of the bag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Long post ahead...:

Ok

Bad guys

1. The Lannisters
    3 people / 1 kill per night

2. The Baratheons

3. The Night King
    1 person / .5 kills per night

So,
    The Night King is the most valuable to kill, but, equally, they’d be fking crazy to out themselves for this reason. Assumption – the Night King is flying low for the moment.
    Three things to raise suspicion at this point:

1. People behaving weird (multiple posts, strange requests – possible tasks)

Shatter did make those three posts in a row. I’m thinking that was a joke though. He did hint about being a seer, however, which seems a bit odd to do.

Partyjungle claimed to be the Night King. Bit fking crazy as I said – unless it’s a task. He also posted “Sounds like I'm playing dumb here but what exactly are the tasks...?”. Guilty conscious?

MicksJag did that can you write out my name post. He did explain it – still weird though. Then the “Snow” bit in white – that makes me very suspicious – even the explanation doesn’t ring true for me.

2. People coming out with unfounded accusations

Yossar – ‘nuff said. But, will go on anyway. Sullivo, Uriel, Jason, Crosstown (kinda), Barney (kinda)

3. Low post count

I’m gonna defend this one – even though it’s the one I was accused of. It’s day 1, and during working hours. However, low post count:

Jayop 2

Persepoly 2

Xaracatz 2

Barney92 2

The_Dazzler 2

And – I’m going to throw in a fourth:

4. Over defence of posters

I only thought of this one when I was going through the later pages – but it might be worth looking at.

My two cents – I would race Yossar and Micksjag.

I’d go for Yossar for the lynch. I read a lot of the last thread, and it’s like he’s trying to channel the spirit of Tigger so that he can get a following.

Micksjags’ behaviour is weird though, so I’d put him in as a second potential.

That took fecking ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Do you think either of Mick or I are not villagers? If so, why?

Would be really interested in an answer to this one Jason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Long post ahead...:

Ok

Bad guys

1. The Lannisters

2. The Baratheons

3. The Night King

So,
    The Night King is the most valuable to kill, but, equally, they’d be fking crazy to out themselves for this reason. Assumption – the Night King is flying low for the moment.

Shatter did make those three posts in a row. I’m thinking that was a joke though. He did hint about being a seer, however, which seems a bit odd to do.

Partyjungle claimed to be the Night King. Bit fking crazy as I said – unless it’s a task. He also posted “Sounds like I'm playing dumb here but what exactly are the tasks...?”. Guilty conscious?

MicksJag did that can you write out my name post. He did explain it – still weird though. Then the “Snow” bit in white – that makes me very suspicious – even the explanation doesn’t ring true for me.

Yossar – ‘nuff said. But, will go on anyway. Sullivo, Uriel, Jason, Crosstown (kinda), Barney (kinda)

3. Low post count

I’m gonna defend this one – even though it’s the one I was accused of. It’s day 1, and during working hours. However, low post count:

Jayop 2

Persepoly 2

Xaracatz 2

Barney92 2

The_Dazzler 2

I only thought of this one when I was going through the later pages – but it might be worth looking at.

I’d go for Yossar for the lynch. I read a lot of the last thread, and it’s like he’s trying to channel the spirit of Tigger so that he can get a following

That took fecking ages!

just for arguments sake if i was doing that. whats the problem? tigger was the seer. if i was channeling tigger could i be the seer?

whoever quoted the red wedding, purple wedding and snow in their respective colors seems dodge to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

We have come up with a solution for the Seer checking the Night King.

This will stay hidden, and a solution will be given to the Seer when relevant.

Also Mick, Baratheons come from Storm's End

• Advertisement

based on micks colored use of words i think we should consider lynching him.

or else we can go for someone random with 30% Chance of getting a baddie.

as for lynching me, well that would be a waste of a lynch

WerewolfGM wrote: »

google lied to me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

WerewolfGM wrote: »

Note the GM didn't take the opportunity to clarify that GoT themed tasks were not in the game...

just for arguments sake if i was doing that. whats the problem? tigger was the seer. if i was channeling tigger could i be the seer?

whoever quoted the red wedding, purple wedding and snow in their respective colors seems dodge to me

I'd suspect you for that very reason. Tigger was actually a good guy, and people knew that. If you were a bad guy - who better to channel than Tigger!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Uriel. wrote: »
    Well done for giving up our 3rd stark member

Home now and I was actually thinking of this post all the way home. Here's my thoughts - I've not read any subsequent posts as I wanted a clear head writing this.

I was actually happy with Mick's answer. It seemed plausible that he'd change colours for the reasons he explained. But your reply now causes me alarm.

How would you know that this was the Stark's task as apposed to the Lannister's or the Baratheon's? Only if you too were a Stark - but that would be an incredibly supid move on your part to out not only Mick, but yourself for baddie munching. And I don't think you're stupid

The alternative is that you're one of the baddy groups and want rid of Mick for some reason.

Either way, it pretty much clears Mick in my head, but puts you right in the spotlight…..

My vote is currently for Uriel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭andy125

Long post ahead...:

Ok

Bad guys

1. The Lannisters

2. The Baratheons

3. The Night King

So,

3. Low post count

Jayop 2

Persepoly 2

Xaracatz 2

Barney92 2

The_Dazzler 2

I’d go for Yossar for the lynch. I read a lot of the last thread, and it’s like he’s trying to channel the spirit of Tigger so that he can get a following.

That took fecking ages!

Great post, i agree with the yosser pick but not so much on mick, he explained his "spell my name" thing and seems to be just shaking the trees to see what falls out like previous games

You're right QB in that that would be a completely bizarre post for a Stark / villager to make. And we know Uriel is not an idiot.

Yeah, and now that I've caught up, nobody else seemed to think his comment worth clarifying, so maybe it's a third option and he was just kidding...

All that thinking all the way home ......!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

quickbeam wrote: »
    Home now and I was actually thinking of this post all the way home. Here's my thoughts - I've not read any subsequent posts as I wanted a clear head writing this.

I was actually happy with Mick's answer. It seemed plausible that he'd change colours for the reasons he explained. But your reply now causes me alarm.

How would you know that this was the Stark's task as apposed to the Lannister's or the Baratheon's? Only if you too were a Stark - but that would be an incredibly supid move on your part to out not only Mick, but yourself for baddie munching. And I don't think you're stupid

The alternative is that you're one of the baddy groups and want rid of Mick for some reason.

Either way, it pretty much clears Mick in my head, but puts you right in the spotlight…..

You could be on to something here quickbeam. It would be very strange for a Stark to say this or even a villager because you'd hope that people mightn't realise. In fact I hadn't noticed anything, mainly because I was using the mobile site and couldn't see the formating but the post drew attention to it, something a Stark/villager wouldn't really want to do.

Jayop 2

Good post, in the main. But just to point out that Jayop isn't a player in this game :)

Right im off out back around 8- 830 I still havent voted yet as Im unsure I could be wrong but for whatever reason I dont think uriel is a baddy.

The thing with the hidden voting is its hard to get people together, its our fault as villagers not being able to get orgainsised, we have a few theories being voted on atm id say but I think I'll likely go which is fair enough.

Day 1 f all to go on but ye need to get in line tomoro and not have 4-5 people voted on which i think will happen tonight

I'm unsure with who to vote for. There have been some strange posts from certain players but that may not mean anything. Really it's just something for us to hang unto in figuring out the baddies. There seems to be an awful lot of them.

After the lynch things will be clearer. I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Would be really interested in an answer to this one Jason...

Gotta get home first!

At this stage of the game I simply do not know. What I think about your innocence or lack thereof is irrelevant.

What I do know however is that MicksJaguar and yourself offered to be race lynched. The first lynch is always an unfortunate lynch as it takes a person out of the game early, but it is a necessary lynch.
    The above deserves a lynch in itself but I'll cop on and play properly now if ye do lynch me its all my own fault and i apologise for wasting a lynch
    Here lads race me and Mick, I can't deal with this all game. smile.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Long post ahead...:

Ok

Bad guys

1. The Lannisters

2. The Baratheons

3. The Night King

So,

3. Low post count

Jayop 2

Persepoly 2

Xaracatz 2

Barney92 2

The_Dazzler 2

That took fecking ages!

I don't think I made any unfounded accusations. I compiled a list of things that others had said, highlighting the triple posting of shatter, the weirdness of mick, and the randomness of yosser, and suggested we race 2 or 3 of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

None of the baddies/certified Starks know of the tasks that have been given or the identity of the taskee, so I don't know if it's that relevant.

• Advertisement

They would if the tast was complete and the taskee had joined them in their private rooms.

They would if the taskwas complete and the taskee had joined them in their private rooms.

FMP!

My thoughts, if we're having a race is between Yossarian (weird accusations) and, say, Dazzler, for uncharacteristically low posting.

MicksJaguar 48
    Maximus Alexander 46
    quickbeam 43
    Uriel. 34
    crosstownk 28
    y0ssar1an22 27
    Nopeare 25
    Stoogie 20
    dottie_lottie 18
    andy125 17
    WerewolfGM 15
    ShatterProof 15
    sullivlo 15
    MrsFlushdraw 14
    JasonS246 11
    A Neurotic 9
    tritium 8
    Shane.C 7
    partyjungle 7
    The_Valeyard 6
    gufc21 5
    Digital Solitude 5
    mahamageehad 5
    Xaracatz 4
    Persepoly 3
    Barney92 3
    Jayop 2
    The_Dazzler 2

current post counts. probably cant read a whole lot into post count at this stage

Gotta get home first!

At this stage of the game I simply do not know. What I think about your innocence or lack thereof is irrelevant.

What I do know however is that MicksJaguar and yourself offered to be race lynched. The first lynch is always an unfortunate lynch as it takes a person out of the game early, but it is a necessary lynch.

I gotta tell you I don't think this paints you well. There was a bait dropped and so far you're the only one to come up for a nibble.

I think it couldn't be more obvious that I'm a villager and I don't think any villager would want to race me. Indeed you've only to look back and see that nobody else was interested even when I suggested it. I've been way too loud, way too big a target to have any role, and for that reason there's a good chance I'll be taken out in the morning but nobody would want to waste a lynch on me.

Indeed, for the very same reasons I highly doubt Mick is anything other than a villager. If he's a role, he's awful at it and I don't think he's stupid.

So, a spat between Mick and I, a big sign saying "Race us," and you're the only one who surfaces. It's a nice juicy target for one of the baddies who wants to slink in and 'contribute' without sticking their neck out...

andy125 wrote: »
    Great post, i agree with the yosser pick but not so much on mick, he explained his "spell my name" thing and seems to be just shaking the trees to see what falls out like previous games

Thanks! :)

It's obviously hard to tell at the moment - it's too early on. I do think that - whatever about the "spell my name thing" - the hidden colours in posts was odd. But, these are my own initial thoughts. I'd still have Mick as my second choice for now, purely for that reason.
    Good post, in the main. But just to point out that Jayop isn't a player in this game :)

Yeah - I knew that. I just wanted to make sure that everybody else was paying attention.

<.<
    >.>
    sullivlo wrote: »
    I don't think I made any unfounded accusations. I compiled a list of things that others had said, highlighting the triple posting of shatter, the weirdness of mick, and the randomness of yosser, and suggested we race 2 or 3 of these.

Sorry Sullivlo. I didn't mean you made unfounded accusations - I was listing the people that Yossar accused against.

It's Monday and it's my first day!!! :P

Indeed, for the very same reasons I highly doubt Mick is anything other than a villager. If he's a role, he's awful at it and I don't think he's stupid.

So, a spat between Mick and I, a big sign saying "Race us," and you're the only one who surfaces. It's a nice juicy target for one of the baddies who wants to slink in and 'contribute' without sticking their neck out...

Oi surely that should be I know he is not :pac:

Ah Jeeze! If Jason comes out as a baddy later then this post will probably haunt me.

But ....

In fairness to Jason, Mick was looking fairly suspicious at the time he had posted the suggestion. I'm pretty happy to clear Mick as a villager NOW, but it was looking iffy for a while, and I think Jason, especially if he is new to the game, could easily have seen this race as a viable option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just on the post count thing. Im stuck in work all eve so will be tonight before i get a proper chance to go through the thread.

But tbh from the bits and pieces i have read, jason is the person who is standing out to me the most. Granted we have very little info to go on at this stage but its that he keeps bringing it back to mj and max for a race. No reasoning other than they got fed up arguing with each other earlier (again haven't read thoroughly yet so could be wrong on their reasoning)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Uriel. wrote: »
    Note the GM didn't take the opportunity to clarify that GoT themed tasks were not in the game...

Note the GM hates repeating himself :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement