Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

We don't find out what the dead people were? What's the priest for?

The priest learns of the role of the dead and trains someone in while trying to remain anonymous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I think it was, but you posted with 15 mins to go initially. I would need to check back to the rules on day 1. It is 10.14pm for me now

Apologies! I still have a few pages to go and decided I better get a vote in. By the time I got to your post that I quoted it was too late to change. You survived anyways so maybe by the grace of the old gods and the new you'll forgive me? :P I'm defo up for adding some more GoT themed posts! I know they might go over some peoples heads but sure it'd be a bit of craic anyways.

I've been thinking a bit more about the lynching races and I'm not sure if they'll be as useful in this game as previously? In previous games, the idea was that we could extrapolate out if a player was good or bad based on if they voted for villagers or other bad guys. However, with a bunch of different groups now, it'll be much harder to get patterns. Also, as we don't find out if the dead person is a villager or aligned with a faction, we can't even start to figure out patterns til a priest comes forward. Now, I could be missing something here and maybe there's a value to continuing to do races, in which case I'm happy to participate. I just think in this game, we should be focusing more on the reason that people vote. For that reason I'd suggest that everyone should write their votes on thread with the reason why they're voting for that person. We can collate the reasons in one post then once the lynch and final votes are revealed.

I should be a bit more active tomorrow, and back to normal by Wednesday!

Just for clarification not that it matters tonight but did the sheriff just vote once?

And can I have some wild fire please :pac:

I don't see it that way. You deliberately twisted my words. Discuss.

I guess we won't see eye to eye on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

sullivlo wrote: »

Sheriff - A Neurotic - immune from munch and lynch, a second (secret) munch vote? We need to think of a nominee for the next sheriff

Oh, I should have mentioned. I've used my sheriff powers to enact some new laws relating to sheriff appointments. Just small print stuff. But from now on a sheriff's term is 10 days, and not 2. Also each sheriff has an option to stand for up to 5 terms if they so choose, without having to be elected.

It just ensures a smoother running sheriff department, you understand. It's just better for everyone.

• Advertisement

Now I may be reading too much in to this but the pic used in the lynch post is of Joffrey Baratheon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Not normally here at this time, do we all just go the the tavern, sit around and say how great he was except for those that voted for him who will tell tell us why they suspected him?

I'm defo up for adding some more GoT themed posts! I know they might go over some peoples heads but sure it'd be a bit of craic anyways.

Ya I want to do some Jaqen H'ghar style posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Now I may be reading too much in to this but the pic used in the lynch post is of Joffrey Baratheon.

Yeah you're reading too much in to it. :P

Apologies! I still have a few pages to go and decided I better get a vote in. By the time I got to your post that I quoted it was too late to change. You survived anyways so maybe by the grace of the old gods and the new you'll forgive me? :P I'm defo up for adding some more GoT themed posts! I know they might go over some peoples heads but sure it'd be a bit of craic anyways.

I've been thinking a bit more about the lynching races and I'm not sure if they'll be as useful in this game as previously? In previous games, the idea was that we could extrapolate out if a player was good or bad based on if they voted for villagers or other bad guys. However, with a bunch of different groups now, it'll be much harder to get patterns. Also, as we don't find out if the dead person is a villager or aligned with a faction, we can't even start to figure out patterns til a priest comes forward. Now, I could be missing something here and maybe there's a value to continuing to do races, in which case I'm happy to participate. I just think in this game, we should be focusing more on the reason that people vote. For that reason I'd suggest that everyone should write their votes on thread with the reason why they're voting for that person. We can collate the reasons in one post then once the lynch and final votes are revealed.

I should be a bit more active tomorrow, and back to normal by Wednesday!

There is very little value to races but more than not doing them

• Advertisement

I think the idea of explaing votes is a great idea Mamaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Joffrey Lannister Lannister

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Oh, I should have mentioned. I've used my sheriff powers to enact some new laws relating to sheriff appointments. Just small print stuff. But from now on a sheriff's term is 10 days, and not 2. Also each sheriff has an option to stand for up to 5 terms if they so choose, without having to be elected.

It just ensures a smoother running sheriff department, you understand. It's just better for everyone.

Curious. That would make you immune to lynching. Perhaps GM can confirm this rule change before we decide our next step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Curious. That would make you immune to lynching. Perhaps GM can confirm this rule change before we decide our next step.

Oh! I suppose it would. The thought hadn't even occurred to me.

(I was taking the piss :o )

Stoogie wrote: »
    Joffrey Lannister Lannister

Yes Lannister by blood but for appearances sake he was a Baratheon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If it didn't come from GM then it ain't so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Just for clarification not that it matters tonight but did the sheriff just vote once?

And can I have some wild fire please :pac:

Are you Tyrion? :)
    But yeah do we see the sheriff's vote if it happens?

I would suggest he was making a joke.......... Something along the lines of somebody repeating they must keep their head down not to be noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I would thought only the GM can make the rules

Max vouches for Mick but can't explain why without lynching himself.

Discuss.
    It was very very odd. Max, care to explain a little further? The only reason for you to do this is if you have a role and you know he does too.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Yeah, I've just realised how much more difficult this will be than WWII where the role of each person was made public on their death.

Lots of self doubt and confusion coming our way.
    Yeah, defo makes it more interesting but also more frustrating. Also, am I the only person that reads WWII as World War 2 every time? :P
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    FYI, despite the game being live for around 2 hours less we have had 86 more posts by the first lynch announcement. 694 posts n a day is good going!!!
    Sooooo many posts. It's going to be much more difficult to keep up with this game! :(
    You're defo reading too much into it. The way Y0sser was killed was the same way Joffrey was killed. If you're not familiar with GoT it was a particularly vivid scene! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Uriel. wrote: »
    Oh no not again

CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE THIS POST! NOT YOUR FAULT OR ANYTHING, BUT THE ORIGINAL POST LOOKS TO BE GONE AND IF WE COULD REMOVE THIS THEN WE'D BE LAUGHING!

Stoogie wrote: »
    Are you Tyrion? :)
    But yeah do we see the sheriff's vote if it happens?

I do like my wine but Im not tyrion just a villager

You're defo reading too much into it. The way Y0sser was killed was the same way Joffrey was killed. If you're not familiar with GoT it was a particularly vivid scene! :P

Oh I remember it well I was just curious if there was a connection :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It was very very odd. Max, care to explain a little further? The only reason for you to do this is if you have a role and you know he does too.

I don't have a role and I think Mick's a villager. That'll have to do.

Ok perfect! I stand by the explaining part though. Maybe with a format to make it easier to find later? Something like this:
    VOTE: Mahamageehad
    WHY: Because she invented this stupid lynch post format? :pac:
    Oh I remember it well I was just curious if there was a connection :)

Fair enough! Would be interesting to see if the Baratheons or the Lannisters claim Joffrey though. Likely neither! :P

Alright so in all probability the task doers probably made there way to thier respective teams at least we will assume so for the time being.

Team villager has the starks (which includes the seer) a priest and a body gaurd.

There will hopefully come a point where the seer and priest have picked up a lot of info, tomoro alone the priest could know 5 dead (or is it 4 Night kings kills are on 2 4 6etc?)

Its late and Im wrecked but we should work out the best day for the priest to come out not asking for them to come forward now just saying we should look at the situation and come up with a viable plan.

Ive no idea who the BG should protect but hopefully they choose wisely tonight.

I dont have any real suspects atm I want to look at Jason and QB closer tomoro again not accusing but thats where ill start my searching

Barristan fancy going for a drink later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE THIS POST! NOT YOUR FAULT OR ANYTHING, BUT THE ORIGINAL POST LOOKS TO BE GONE AND IF WE COULD REMOVE THIS THEN WE'D BE LAUGHING!

Sorry.

Done.

I hadn't meant to quote it, and I didn't want to go back to edit on account of the rules. Sorry all.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Sorry.

Done.

I hadn't meant to quote it, and I didn't want to go back to edit on account of the rules. Sorry all.

Hope is wasn't something about covering the powerplay

• Advertisement

Not normally here at this time, do we all just go the the tavern, sit around and say how great he was except for those that voted for him who will tell tell us why they suspected him?

"A man has a thirst. A boy can make a friend."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement