Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

*deep breath* It's just a game, It's just a game.

In response to Uriel.

I would like to reiterate that Maximus Alexander and MicksJaguar offered themselves to be lynched / raced.
    The above deserves a lynch in itself but I'll cop on and play properly now if ye do lynch me its all my own fault and i apologise for wasting a lynch
    Here lads race me and Mick, I can't deal with this all game. smile.png

While the first nights lynch is usually crappy for the lynched villager, it is easier to lynch players who asked to be lynched, they wanted out of the game.

I took notice of it and made a post.

Their response was interesting:

Immediately went on the defensive and claimed that it was a ploy to bait out a baddie. I can admit this looks suspicious, but now watch what happens when things go awry later...
    --Not posting the full thing to keep this post size small--
    I think it couldn't be more obvious that I'm a villager
    So you're a villager that magically knows MicksJaguar is also a villager and you're working together to bait? Then later on claim that voting for MicksJaguar is a bad idea? Which is it? Villager or Faction?

Maximus Alexander and MicksJaguar continuously used a debunked theory that GoT lore is going to be part of the tasks when the GM has said multiple times it wont be. He also uses an extremely weak case that the taskee can Google or it will be fed via the GM. I made a point that this is extremely unfair for the taskee, it's just too easy to spot.

He uses this strat to try turn the vote towards MrsFlushdraw. Pretty much siding with MicksJaguar.
    The posts 9 mins apart
    MrsFD made two posts in a row earlier that each mentioned the name of two places in GoT. Looked very tasky.

Just before the vote, he claims that voting for MicksJaguar is a mistake, again, how does he know this?
    Mick is a horrible choice.

His response when called out on this is that it's too dangerous to reveal?
    Sorry buddy, you two are already revealed!

The real question is if they are Lannister, Baratheon or Stark. 66% chance that they're either Lannister or Baratheon and only 33% that they're the Starks.

I truly hope you're not the Starks because you've pulled a spectacular Ned Stark on us!

Finger of suspicion: Maximus Alexander and MicksJaguar

See you in the dead room Maximus Alexander...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

CLARIFICATION AND CORRECTION

SORRY, I FORGOT TO ADD THE SHERIFF'S VOTE TO THE LYNCH RESULT, THAT'S BEEN CORRECTED IN THE ORIGINAL POST NOW. HE ALSO VOTED FOR YOSSER

ALSO, THE STORIES AT LYNCH AND SLAUGHTER TIME HAVE NO RELEVNCE TO THE GAME, THEIR ONLY FOR FUN AND NOTHING OTHER THAN WHO WAS KILLED AND IN THE CASE OF THE MORNING KILLS, BY WHOM SHOULD BE REGARDED AS PART OF THE GAME.

ALSO, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD AS MANY GoT MEME'S AND STUFF, SHOUDL ADD TO THE FUN!!

THANKS!
    Jayop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

*deep breath* It's just a game, It's just a game.

In response to Uriel.

I would like to reiterate that Maximus Alexander and MicksJaguar offered themselves to be lynched / raced.

While the first nights lynch is usually crappy for the lynched villager, it is easier to lynch players who asked to be lynched, they wanted out of the game.

I took notice of it and made a post.

Their response was interesting:

Immediately went on the defensive and claimed that it was a ploy to bait out a baddie. I can admit this looks suspicious, but now watch what happens when things go awry later...

So you're a villager that magically knows MicksJaguar is also a villager and you're working together to bait? Then later on claim that voting for MicksJaguar is a bad idea? Which is it? Villager or Faction?

Maximus Alexander and MicksJaguar continuously used a debunked theory that GoT lore is going to be part of the tasks when the GM has said multiple times it wont be. He also uses an extremely weak case that the taskee can Google or it will be fed via the GM. I made a point that this is extremely unfair for the taskee, it's just too easy to spot.

He uses this strat to try turn the vote towards MrsFlushdraw. Pretty much siding with MicksJaguar.

Just before the vote, he claims that voting for MicksJaguar is a mistake, again, how does he know this?

His response when called out on this is that it's too dangerous to reveal?
    Sorry buddy, you two are already revealed!

The real question is if they are Lannister, Baratheon or Stark. 66% chance that they're either Lannister or Baratheon and only 33% that they're the Starks.

I truly hope you're not the Starks because you've pulled a spectacular Ned Stark on us!

Finger of suspicion: Maximus Alexander and MicksJaguar

See you in the dead room Maximus Alexander...

Yeah, we need to lynch this dude.

Do peeked villagers get added to the Stark room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    ALSO, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD AS MANY GoT MEME'S AND STUFF, SHOUDL ADD TO THE FUN!!

THANKS!
    Jayop

This is who I identify myself as!

BN-OI499_mcshan_J_20160605220930.jpg

We all know how it ended up for him :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

While the first nights lynch is usually crappy for the lynched villager,

How do you know this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Night everyone!, may the mother watch over your slumber and keep all safe until morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

I bring to the table for discussion....

bodyguard - should do their own thing and pick wisely, they should have a good chance to protect someone with 3 people being killed tonight - look at who has been slaughtered already and judge who you think might be next- bodyguard is very important role here as we will need them to protect seer & priest when they come forward

Seer - should do their own thing also and choose their peeks wisely, how many baddies they peek before coming out should be up for discussion

regarding the priest training somebody, be careful who you pick as you could train a bad guy, im not sure when you should train somebody maybe wait for tonights killings to be over, this should be up for discussion also

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

I feel a bit like him after the changing my mind so much today

Jaqen-Hghar-Official-HBO1-810x539.jpg

andy125 wrote: »
    regarding the priest training somebody, be careful who you pick as you could train a bad guy, im not sure when you should train somebody maybe wait for tonights killings to be over, this should be up for discussion also

On this part, if we lose three villagers overnight then the priest will be even more likely to accidentally train a baddie tomorrow. That's worth considering; could be better to take a punt now if there's someone they fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Congrats Valeyard, have fun! Apologies, for today, work has me ruined and I didn't get a chance to properly follow what was going on. Hence my vote for Shatterproof, which looks embarrassing enough! I just remembered his three posts and potential task post so didn't see the yos0 v Mick race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

On this part, if we lose three villagers overnight then the priest will be even more likely to accidentally train a baddie tomorrow. That's worth considering; could be better to take a punt now if there's someone they fancy.

Not necessarily: each faction might kill a rival baddie, and not a villager.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Not necessarily: each faction might kill a rival baddie, and not a villager.

That's true, though highly unlikely.

Stoogie wrote: »
    Ok :)

This is wierd same post 5 times and each time its in response to Max not saying Max is involved but its wierd from Stoogie

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Shane.C

@noreape, I was out last night and dying with the flu today so with regard to the Times being off I put my hand up, just a mistake. I corrected it cause I was sure it was a task and wanted people to see in case they didn't.

Assuming both killed so far are innocent

3 lannisters + 3 baratheons + 1 knight king = 7 baddies remaining

If they choose now they've a 13% (3/23) that who they appoint will be dead tomorrow but also a 30% (7/23) chance they're bad

worst case all villagers/starks killed tonight 35% (7/20) to appoint wrong

Lets hope one of the 3 is bad then it would be back around 30% (6/20)

So I think leave it till after 10 tomorrow then let them decide, then they will have a further understanding of players as well one day is hard enough to decide a lynch never mind appointing an apprentice

This game seems very difficult for the good guys. Villagers have no info to work on. What if the seer gets randomly killed before revealing anything. Pot luck from there.

This game seems very difficult for the good guys. Villagers have no info to work on. What if the seer gets randomly killed before revealing anything. Pot luck from there.

The seer is in a room with the 2 other straks so even if he/she is killed they have the info he/she has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

andy125 wrote: »
    I bring to the table for discussion....

bodyguard - should do their own thing and pick wisely, they should have a good chance to protect someone with 3 people being killed tonight - look at who has been slaughtered already and judge who you think might be next- bodyguard is very important role here as we will need them to protect seer & priest when they come forward

Seer - should do their own thing also and choose their peeks wisely, how many baddies they peek before coming out should be up for discussion

I'd be pretty in agreement with all of the above. Seer, bodyguard and priest should keep the heads down and get as much info as possible.

Just doing the maths - right now there are 23 players left.
    Tomorrow (Tuesday) we potentially lose 4 - Lannister, Baratheon, Night King and lynch. That would leave 19 (unless bodyguard protects or Lannister/Baratheon/Night King pick same victim.)
    Wednesday we stand to lose 3 more - Lannister, Baratheon and lynch. That would leave 16.
    Thursday another potential 4, leaving 12.

I think it might be nice to get a role out on Wednesday maybe? Then we'd have some solid info. My preference is for the priest to come out first - if they came out on Wednesday after the morning slaughters, they would be able to tell us the identity of 8 victims. Then we could use that info, and the info from the vote reasonings I proposed earlier to start making a real strategy.

.... all of that is of course presuming that Trit or Y0sser weren't the priest or seer or bodyguard......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

The seer is in a room with the 2 other straks so even if he/she is killed they have the info he/she has

Really? didn't know that? so if Jon Snow did the task there i a potential 4 person village task team to help steer us to victory?

• Advertisement

Really? didn't know that? so if Jon Snow did the task there i a potential 4 person village task team to help steer us to victory?

From OP

The Starks: There are three Starks, Arya, Sansa and Jon Snow who can communicate on their own message board separate from Boards.ie. They are on the village team and cannot kill, but they can work together to aid the village and attempt to steer them in the correct direction for the Lynch

MY bad bran isnt on that list sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

There's nothing about that in the OP.

What? When did we learn this? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'd be pretty in agreement with all of the above. Seer, bodyguard and priest should keep the heads down and get as much info as possible.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) we potentially lose 4 - Lannister, Baratheon, Night King and lynch. That would leave 19 (unless bodyguard protects or Lannister/Baratheon/Night King pick same victim.)
    Wednesday we stand to lose 3 more - Lannister, Baratheon and lynch. That would leave 16.

I think it might be nice to get a role out on Wednesday maybe? Then we'd have some solid info. My preference is for the priest to come out first - if they came out on Wednesday after the morning slaughters, they would be able to tell us the identity of 8 victims. Then we could use that info, and the info from the vote reasonings I proposed earlier to start making a real strategy.

.... all of that is of course presuming that Trit or Y0sser weren't the priest or seer or bodyguard......

And three potential deaths in the village tonight.

The seer knows the Starks. They know the seer. This further complicates voting as it leaves three groups block voting without the races.

Confused.

Anyone any thoughts?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    There's nothing about that in the OP.
    What? When did we learn this? :confused:

My bad my bad 2 many roles :(

Any comments on stoogie making the same post 5 times in response to 5 different max posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

This is wierd same post 5 times and each time its in response to Max not saying Max is involved but its wierd from Stoogie

I'm just trying to start a running joke. When someone called Maximus ales Alexander makes decisive statements people should listen. So I say :Ok:)

It is not a bad idea, get the priest out Wednesday protect from the lynch and the bodyguard protect them from Wednesday from the enemy. Then the seer come out after 10 on the Thursday and be protected that night. We would have a huge amount of information and if we were extremely lucky the apprentice might get through all that

• Advertisement

MY bad bran isnt on that list sigh

Ah ok, simple mistake so.
    The seer is actually not so powerful in this game, they should stay hidden as long as possible unless they're in danger of being lynched. If the seer goes by previous game rules the seer will have had the chance to do two peeks by now. That's not a lot. The seer will be very important to check out role claims though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement