Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Nopeare wrote: »
    It is not a bad idea, get the priest out Wednesday protect from the lynch and the bodyguard protect them from Wednesday from the enemy. Then the seer come out after 10 on the Thursday and be protected that night. We would have a huge amount of information and if we were extremely lucky the apprentice might get through all that
    Agreed. We need to be mindful of the attrition rate and not keep roles hidden as long as would be preferable in the previous games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

sullivlo wrote: »
    And three potential deaths in the village tonight.

The seer knows the Starks. They know the seer. This further complicates voting as it leaves three groups block voting without the races.

Confused.

Anyone any thoughts?

My reading of it is the seer is an individual role.

"Players given these roles can announce them to the group if so desired, as can any player announce anything to the group really (in The Game of Thrones lying and deception is expected and encouraged), but beware, doing so would likely make you a prime target for murder."

And that there are three teams of three Lannister, Stark and Baratheons who have rooms.
    Can the GM clarify ?

Oh good; it's not just me that read it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Stoogie wrote: »
    My reading of it is the seer is an individual role.

"Players given these roles can announce them to the group if so desired, as can any player announce anything to the group really (in The Game of Thrones lying and deception is expected and encouraged), but beware, doing so would likely make you a prime target for murder."

And that there are three teams of three Lannister, Stark and Baratheons who have rooms.
    Can the GM clarify ?

CORRECT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Yeah, I think you're right Stoogie, I read it as three separate rooms - Lannister, Stark and Baratheon. I think they know each other but not anyone else. Seer is a stand alone role that can help the village, but seer doesn't know who the Starks are (are at least they didn't at the start but might do by now.)

Anyways, that's overly chaotic day 1 done with. I'll check in with you folks in the morning again but I'll be pretty quiet during the day again tomorrow again I'm afraid. Tough to tell if today was successful but I think we did the best we could. Littlefinger put it better than I ever could: "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
    Night all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Just a thought for organising the race tomorrow since today went a bit chaotic

Should we get everyone to do a list of two players and their reasons for racing them? Then top 2 nominated race

or

Do we look at the low posters for the lurking/sleeping players that have roles?

Just would be good to have the race decided a minimum of an hour before the vote to allow more discussion/analysis than the panicked finger pointing tonight

COULD EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK THEIR PM'S AND ENSURE THAT THEY HAVE SPACE TO RECEIVE MESSAGES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Should we get everyone to do a list of two players and their reasons for racing them? Then top 2 nominated race

or

Just would be good to have the race decided a minimum of an hour before the vote to allow more discussion/analysis than the panicked finger pointing tonight

Yeah, I voted early in the evening has I had to head out and when I came back the race seemed to descend into various different races. So maybe we can organise it a bit better tomorrow.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    COULD EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK THEIR PM'S AND ENSURE THAT THEY HAVE SPACE TO RECEIVE MESSAGES

The seer or the priest has a full mailbox lol.

or

You're right - I think we need to be more organised tomorrow, no doubt about it.

As I stated earlier, it's worth looking at low posters that possibly took the easy option of voting for yosser - a sign of a lurker with a role, imo.

If we're going to have a race then let's get the runners qualified early.

• Advertisement

Stoogie wrote: »
    The seer or the priest has a full mailbox lol.

I GET PM'S FROM LOADS OF PLAYERS ASKING FOR RULE CLARIFICATIONS OR JUST BECAUSE I'M SUCH A FUN GUY TO SPEAK WITH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

or

Bit worried about the tactic of going for the low posters this time around, because there are so many 'good' roles now that they're almost as likely to be roled villagers keeping the head down.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    I GET PM'S FROM LOADS OF PLAYERS ASKING FOR RULE CLARIFICATIONS OR JUST BECAUSE I'M SUCH A FUN GUY TO SPEAK WITH.

Ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So, are we back to the original game, where only the priest knows who the dead were? And not the public?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Yip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well, that makes things more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I'm in full agreement with organising some sort of plan , it took me a good while to get through today's mess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

So, are we back to the original game, where only the priest knows who the dead were? And not the public?

yea, makes the priest invaluable really and makes it abit harder for us

crosstownk wrote: »
    You're right - I think we need to be more organised tomorrow, no doubt about it.

As I stated earlier, it's worth looking at low posters that possibly took the easy option of voting for yosser - a sign of a lurker with a role, imo.

If we're going to have a race then let's get the runners qualified early.

I could be miles off but someone else and myself noted dottie started posting earlier when I mentioned looking at low posters as if panicked. It could be a move from a panicked villager as much as a role player. But also voted y0ss

Separately I actually feel guilty that I've such a big suspicion of dottie off so little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I could be miles off but someone else and myself noted dottie started posting earlier when I mentioned looking at low posters as if panicked. It could be a move from a panicked villager as much as a role player. But also voted y0ss

Separately I actually feel guilty that I've such a big suspicion of dottie off so little

No guilt. In the Game of Thrones, you win or you die.

• Advertisement

So much to ponder. I'll sleep on it and check in before the multiple munches are announced.

I don't know why but think I'll be gone in the morning.

If I do survive, I don't think I'll get on till around lunch time tomorrow as I've meetings in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'd be pretty in agreement with all of the above. Seer, bodyguard and priest should keep the heads down and get as much info as possible.

Just doing the maths - right now there are 23 players left.
    Tomorrow (Tuesday) we potentially lose 4 - Lannister, Baratheon, Night King and lynch. That would leave 19 (unless bodyguard protects or Lannister/Baratheon/Night King pick same victim.)
    Wednesday we stand to lose 3 more - Lannister, Baratheon and lynch. That would leave 16.
    Thursday another potential 4, leaving 12.

I think it might be nice to get a role out on Wednesday maybe? Then we'd have some solid info. My preference is for the priest to come out first - if they came out on Wednesday after the morning slaughters, they would be able to tell us the identity of 8 victims. Then we could use that info, and the info from the vote reasonings I proposed earlier to start making a real strategy.

.... all of that is of course presuming that Trit or Y0sser weren't the priest or seer or bodyguard......

I agree that those with roles should probably stay hidden for the time being, unless the seer manages to pick two people in the first two days. Then I think it's probably worth it from them to come out and we can get rid of two of the family members. Then Barristan can try to keep them safe for another day to get one more peek.

Things might not actually be too grim on the numbers front also. I presume it's possible for the families/king to select the same person (going by the Red Wedding), in which case we could only lose 1/2 people tonight. Unlikely that they'll all pick the same person but we might get lucky and only lose 2 rather than 3. I guess we'll find out tomorrow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I don't know why but think I'll be gone in the morning.

If I do survive, I don't think I'll get on till around lunch time tomorrow as I've meetings in the morning.

Why is it people say this? such a wolf tactic to think they are gone...

Morning everyone, A bright and beautiful day here in Westeros so far.

Let's try and be a bit more organised today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Why is it people say this? such a wolf tactic to think they are gone...

Morning everyone, A bright and beautiful day here in Westeros so far.

Let's try and be a bit more organised today :)

What do you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

What do you suggest?

I think we should wait and see who is still here after the munch and then decide.

If the day comes when you must find me again, just give that coin to any man from Braavos and say these words to him: "Valar morghulis."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

If the day comes when you must find me again, just give that coin to any man from Braavos and say these words to him: "Valar morghulis."

Valar jagulis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

sullivlo wrote: »
    I think we should wait and see who is still here after the munch and then decide.

I agree with this. Worst case scenario, we're about to lose 3 players. Best case scenario, we lose none (all houses go for the same person and the bodyguard has protected them) but that seems highly unlikely. I think there are a handful of people who may have marked themselves for slaughter by being too helpful, so there's a good chance that 2 of the baddies pick the same character.

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Valar jagulis?

Ya probably my favorite character def top 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement