Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Comments

quickbeam wrote: »
    Just noticed this from early in the game. Thought it interesting. Mick accusing Max, who'd later becomes his BFF!

Wonder what "while the real trick takes place" is meant to mean.

Probably just Mick being giddy again, right?

You have said repeatedly today you are suspect of me but still not sure yet you keep shining the light, even though you also said me and max are probably on the same team, the priest will most likely confirm tomoro what max was but your pushing my lynch before this happens is suspect very suspect.

If you were a villager and your suspicion of me is im on maxs team you would wait and see what he was. But instead your pushing the lynch.

ONCE MY ROLE AND MAX IS CONFIRMED YOU CAN LYNCH QB

andy125 wrote: »
    Guys we can't let this race turn into a shambles like the last one, we should agree to have 2 candidates for running by a certain time and then run from there

I don't think Mick's coloured writing was a task but it seems to be like jayop lynch all over again, maybe seer should look into him and that should be the end of of that as I think it is side tracking us from the real threats out there or if he does run then he has to die or he will always be up for lynching

Andy is I run I should be a landslide there is every chance the seer peaked me and knows my role the Priest will know what Max was so if we have a race. The seer and priest will be on the list of those who voted to save me.

By all means lynch me but it has to be a landslide

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Was really just an observation that jumped out at me as I was re-reading. I just thought it funny that you'd accused him, but then became BFF. Is all.

Just another thought - Day Two ends with tonight's lynch, and we'll need to vote for a new sheriff pretty quickly after that to ensure that somebody is protected from tomorrow morning's munch. So just something for people to be aware of and think of throughout the day so we're ready to vote when the time comes.

Actually, WWGM - how is the sheriff election handled - through the form, or by PM, or on this thread??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

Just another thought - Day Two ends with tonight's lynch, and we'll need to vote for a new sheriff pretty quickly after that to ensure that somebody is protected from tomorrow morning's munch. So just something for people to be aware of and think of throughout the day so we're ready to vote when the time comes.

Actually, WWGM - how is the sheriff election handled - through the form, or by PM, or on this thread??

Yea I forgot about the sheriff voting thing, that is going to be a tricky one, how will we decide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

On thread.

Voting can begin after the lynch. 6pm deadline should give sheriff enough time to make their vote.

Deadline remains to be clarified but take it at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I said yesterday we shouldn’t have a race as it was too early and we wouldn’t learn anything.

Some people were pushing for a race all day without backing up the reasoning
    crosstownk wrote: »
    Lets get it rolling - just quote and ad your race candidates..........
    .....we need to suggest candidates for a potential race this evening. .....
    Uriel. wrote: »
    .....We have to run someone against yoss.otherwise we'll be wasting a lynch
    ......I suggest racing two people to see what they say so they can be possibly caught in a lie later on....
    We're not changing the race at this stage!! Maybe tomorrow.
    .....I think we need to race Mick with Nopeare. that is my choice anyway

It appears people felt pressurised into voting for certain people
    Nopeare wrote: »
    To keep with the race y0ss vs Mick I've changed from MrsFlush to y0ss
    If she was in the race she'd have my vote

It looks like people have realised that racing yesterday and probably today will be no help
    ......it's easy for a low poster to just 'vote with the crowd' for the lynch so yoss (RIP) would have been an easy vote for a lurker.....
    ....it's worth looking at low posters that possibly took the easy option of voting for yosser - a sign of a lurker with a role, imo....
    Races tell us nothing since we don't get to know the result of the lynch

People have suggested
    ....If we're going to have a race then let's get the runners qualified early....
    .....get everyone to do a list of two players and their reasons for racing them? Then top 2 nominated race....have the race decided a minimum of an hour before the vote to allow more discussion/analysis than the panicked finger pointing tonight
    How about this - between 10am and 5pm, we all vote on two players we want in the race, and our reasons why. Whichever two come top we run.
    Between 5pm and 9pm we vote on one of those two that we all decide on, with arguments to be made for both sides.

Although I'm against a race today if we are going have one then anybody making a suggestion better have a good reason for nominating somebody.

And don't forget this piece of advice
    Agreed about the low posters in the previous game but they got away with (in part) because several villagers kept arguing and accusing each other without calling the low posters out to account for themselves.

And lynching low posters in that game backfired when Barney (the villager) got lynched based on his low post count.

so don't take things personal or hold grudges in the game.

Off to check others posts now to see who i will be voting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Shatter for sheriff!!!!

Vote early , vote often.

Ahem ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Andy is I run I should be a landslide there is every chance the seer peaked me and knows my role the Priest will know what Max was so if we have a race. The seer and priest will be on the list of those who voted to save me.

By all means lynch me but it has to be a landslide

Surely that's playing into the baddies hands? Letting them know that the priest and seer were saving you? Unless you know something that you're not telling us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Voting for new sheriff begins after tonight's lynch. Vote on thread and embolden your vote. You may not vote for yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

I have a reason for the landslide but I cant say as it on thread as it might point out something (flimsy I know) but for the sake of one day it'd be worth it.

I want stoogie lynched tbh against who im not sure, im suspect of james and a little bit of party jungle.

Stoogie had posted about 16 times at this stage yesterday and nothing so far today yes real life stuff it could be possible was doing a task and wanted to hide it in a mass of messages?

I pointed out 2 things that could possibly his tasks

The ok :) 5 times

And mention lions, wolfs and stags in 2 seperate messages
    I wasn't at work yesterday I am today, this is my lunch break, yesterday when I was trying to have a laugh with Maximus Alexander you thought that was suspicious it was incredibly obvious if it was a task (post 5 identical posts). The tasks aren't GOT orientated so the lions thing is also a moot point. Your problem is I voted for you but sure race me against you.
    Also write down my name would you ;)

sullivlo wrote: »
    Surely that's playing into the baddies hands? Letting them know that the priest and seer were saving you? Unless you know something that you're not telling us?

Not really if the bad teams have me pegged as a good guy itd be easy work out, im pointing it out in case they worked it out but the village missed it.

Bad teams would have there compliment of players so know im a villager who has a good chance of being peaked.

What adavantage do you think im gaining?

Just lynch me but in a landslide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I don't think a race will help tonight, and tbh I'm just naming 2 people because it would be required for a race. If we were finding out the identity of the lynchee after the race I'd see the value, but the race system just gives the baddies a chance to push forth a theory, if they all vote together and convince 3/4 more to come along, their target gets lynched. I propose everyone makes up their own mind and votes separately tonight, at least we'll get a sense then of what indivdual theories are and when the priest comes forward, we'll have some information we can actually work with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

@GM - Will we be told if a faction is destroyed?

Something along the lines of:
    Person X killed by Lynch / Person Y; And with that slaughter <Faction name> is destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Xaracats had nothing out of the ordinary in her posts to get her killed.

Maha called out Max for not explaining himself. Potential for maha to be a Bar and pushing for him to be eaten? She also claims Mrsf is innocent. And calling on mick...

In terms of max. I don't know why he said to save mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

My opinion at this stage is there are probably more enemies in the lower posters than the high. I'm not absolving high posters as there are bound to be some among them. Although I believe we should focus on low posters to get everyone posting. If suspicion is raised on them it will make them post and start showing allegiances.

Even though MrsFlush suggested me for the race earlier, and I voted for her last night mainly on the posting of locations, it has now been pointed out that GOT topics are not used in tasks. Which if this clears her I believe equally clears Micks colour text.

To me this is becoming the exact same as the last game, villagers are arguing among ourselves and making it easier for the enemies to remain hidden as we are killing each other with little to no work from them.

I've also just had a revelation - The priest should come out now - hear me out, thepriest comes tonight before the lynch, we vote them the sheriff = protection for 2 nights and then we get the bodyguard to protect on the third night we keep the priest till Friday/Saturday with a constant stream of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

My opinion at this stage is there are probably more enemies in the lower posters than the high. I'm not absolving high posters as there are bound to be some among them. Although I believe we should focus on low posters to get everyone posting. If suspicion is raised on them it will make them post and start showing allegiances.

Even though MrsFlush suggested me for the race earlier, and I voted for her last night mainly on the posting of locations, it has now been pointed out that GOT topics are not used in tasks. Which if this clears her I believe equally clears Micks colour text.

To me this is becoming the exact same as the last game, villagers are arguing among ourselves and making it easier for the enemies to remain hidden as we are killing each other with little to no work from them.

I've also just had a revelation - The priest should come out now - hear me out, thepriest comes tonight before the lynch, we vote them the sheriff = protection for 2 nights and then we get the bodyguard to protect on the third night we keep the priest till Friday/Saturday with a constant stream of information.

Apologies if I have missed something, but the OP states that the sheriff is immune from lynching. I couldn't see anything about them not being munched. If they can be munched then they'll get one night's protection from Barristan, unless they were protected last night already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Does the role of Sheriff change before the slaughter tomorrow or is it at 6pm when the sheriff vote closes?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Apologies if I have missed something, but the OP states that the sheriff is immune from lynching. I couldn't see anything about them not being munched. If they can be munched then they'll get one night's protection from Barristan, unless they were protected last night already.

Apologies disregard the above you're right :( I thought they were immune from both but re reading it's only lynching, priest stay hidden till tomorrow at least.

I got excited thought I'd cracked that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

My analysis of who got killed.
    • Mahamageehad slaughter is moderately confusing to me.
      • Mahamageehad did state that she (I think it's a she) will be quiet during day 2, it's a low profile kill to make and it will make it difficult if not impossible to track anyone who had a defensive reason for the kill. So at least we know we're dealing with a sneaky NK.
    • Max being killed is a very obvious attempt by a baddie trying to frame me. Uriel. is the only person who has brought this up in the new day by making a fairly serious accusation and in the previous night was constantly asking about the squabble between myself and Maximus Alexander.
      • I don't suspect Uriel., but it puts him on my radar for falling for something like that so easily.
    • Xaracatz is the most curious and I cannot find a reason to it. Xaracatz made a very good post which summed up the thoughts of the day and threw some maths into the mix as well. No direct accusations were made but it seems that it was enough to scare Lannister faction.
      • I say this without any proof. I cannot find a pattern behind Xaracatz getting killed by the Lannister. Unless of course she betrayed them somehow. QUEUE: The Rains of Castamere song. :pac: :pac:

Also.

I don't see the logic behind vilifying players based solely on post count. Gotta keep the wage master happy. So time to post will naturally be limited. I think a better metric to use is the quality of a persons post.

Players posting random nonsense without contributing to the overall game is more suspicious. I think it was Nopeare who mentioned he used this exact tactic in the last game and he sailed along for a good while, even after being outed as the Alpha wolf :confused:

• Advertisement

Re the race - for three games now players have been calling for a race and yet it always seems to fall down. It has been experienced players who have been calling for this, so I'd always assumed it was a good idea, but, since I'd never actually seen one pulled off successfully, I can't say for sure, and am only relying on experienced players' opinions on this matter. I am perfectly happy NOT to have a race if that is the consensus.

As I understand it (more experienced players please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

The advantages of a race are (1) that it's more difficult for the baddies to hide out when there's just two to vote for instead of spreading their votes as far as possible - this I can see the sense of and (2) that we can see voting patterns and where alliances are building - this I have never seen because a race has never really been played properly.

The disadvantages of a race are that if two villagers / goodies are picked to race, the baddies can just sit back and grin, knowing that they're secure.

So, what's the thought. I'll happily drop the race suggestion if that's the decision?

So much to take in in that original OP - I'd actually thought the sheriff was safe from munches too, and thought yours was a fantastic idea. Hard luck!

The disadvantages of a race are that if two villagers / goodies are picked to race, the baddies can just sit back and grin, knowing that they're secure.

The baddies are pretty much sitting back and grinning regardless. Whittling it down to two people gives us free information.

?

This is my concern, and with the baddies having the ability to communicate (within their on families obviously) they can easily have 3 voices pushing for the same person, which can be rolled into a consensus.
    Also the odds that a villager gets put in a race are higher as there's more of us and we have no clue where as everyone in a family knows the identity of at least two other players for sure.

I'm up for no race tonight and then a race the night after we get info from the priest

The baddies are pretty much sitting back and grinning regardless. Whittling it down to two people gives us free information.

what information does it give? (not challenging you just trying to understand the reasoning as this is my first game online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Re the race - for three games now players have been calling for a race and yet it always seems to fall down. It has been experienced players who have been calling for this, so I'd always assumed it was a good idea, but, since I'd never actually seen one pulled off successfully, I can't say for sure, and am only relying on experienced players' opinions on this matter. I am perfectly happy NOT to have a race if that is the consensus.

As I understand it (more experienced players please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

The advantages of a race are (1) that it's more difficult for the baddies to hide out when there's just two to vote for instead of spreading their votes as far as possible - this I can see the sense of and (2) that we can see voting patterns and where alliances are building - this I have never seen because a race has never really been played properly.

So, what's the thought. I'll happily drop the race suggestion if that's the decision?

That's more or less my view.

I can see how the whole race idea can make sense - especially in the previous games despite the fact that they never succeeded.

In this game there are multiple factions so allegiances are probably a bit more difficult to spot so maybe having a race is of less advantage.

So if there's no race then what are the other options. If we go down the full democratic route then what will that achieve? If everyone changes votes from lynch to lynch then we'll have no pattern to follow.

What other suggestions/options have we in the absence of a race?

So obvious but soo clever as well. Can the priest be the sheriff again and again?
    We get loads of info for from all the dead people.

Stoogie wrote: »
    So obvious but soo clever as well. Can the priest be the sheriff again and again?
    We get loads of info for from all the dead people.

Ah balls I just read the op :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

This is not a comment on mj's role but rather the possible task.

No knowledge of GoT is needed for the coloured text to have been a task. The task could have been as simple as as post in 4 different colours and the context of the text was up to mj.

Also mj has made himself out to be a good guy so having himself involved in a race would be silly i think, if the race thing is still being floated.

• Advertisement

We really need to get a plan together

I think the priest should come out tomorrow have a post ready to go at 9:59/10:00 on the button before the mod posts in case they are one of the 3 killed but doesn't give time to a family to change their kill. Lets say of the 20 remaining we all have failed miserably and 5 villagers are dead we lynch a villager tonight and all roles are alive.

19 left - 3 starks - 1 priest - 3 Lannister - 3 Baretheons and 1 NK = 12 good to 7 evil.

it leaves the Lannisters/Baretheons a 25% chance of hitting a stark or priest (4/16) tonight

Also worst case scenario it could be over by Saturday if a family keeps 3 members. I'm allowing no bodyguard save, no cross over in enemy kills and that we kill the night king or a family by Thursday night to reduce the kills down to 2.

19 left after tonight's lynch.
    Weds kill 19 - 3 = 16
    Weds lynch 16 - 1 = 15
    Thurs kill 15 - 3 = 12
    Thurs lynch 12 - 1 =11
    Fri kill 11 - 2 = 9
    Fri lynch 9 - 1 = 8
    Sat kill 8 - 2 = 6 (if a family has 3 remaining members they've parity and win)

Also the priest should appoint their apprentice by tomorrow morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement