Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

I don't think a race will help tonight, and tbh I'm just naming 2 people because it would be required for a race. If we were finding out the identity of the lynchee after the race I'd see the value, but the race system just gives the baddies a chance to push forth a theory, if they all vote together and convince 3/4 more to come along, their target gets lynched. I propose everyone makes up their own mind and votes separately tonight, at least we'll get a sense then of what indivdual theories are and when the priest comes forward, we'll have some information we can actually work with

I like this idea.

During the first two lynches we're operating on nearly zero information with mostly baseless accusations. Last nights race attempt was a complete disaster and caused unnecessary enmity among us.

This makes life difficult for the body guard, the priest doesn't care who gets killed (barring themselves) because the information is given after the kill and the seer will struggle to decide on a target for a peek.

The positive of going down this route, imo is:
    • We'll get a much clearer idea of what each individual is thinking.
      • Since we all have our own idea of who is guilty and who is not, if a guilty person does something suspicious, we'll be able to crawl through that persons posts looking for anything out of the ordinary.
    • If a person is lynched, it could reveal baddie faction allegiances. Since it's always in the best interest for factions to get a day lynch.
    Going down this route gives the Seer a more narrowed list of people to peek at...

The crappy thing is that this could lead to innocents being suspected by unintentionally siding with the winning lynch.

BTW: What happens if there is a tie on lynch day? Does the GM flip a coin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

BTW: What happens if there is a tie on lynch day? Does the GM flip a coin?

Sheriff gets the decider as they have 2 votes?

what information does it give? (not challenging you just trying to understand the reasoning as this is my first game online)

Also the first game I have played in this format, I usually play a format where the one person is put on trial. The person is then posed questions and we decide if they are guilty/innocent. Probing questions such as "what is your role?" are fair game. Obviously everyone is going to claim to be villagers but it opens up the possibility for a player to slip up.

gufc21 wrote: »
    This is not a comment on mj's role but rather the possible task.

No knowledge of GoT is needed for the coloured text to have been a task. The task could have been as simple as as post in 4 different colours and the context of the text was up to mj.

Also mj has made himself out to be a good guy so having himself involved in a race would be silly i think, if the race thing is still being floated.

Who has made themselves out to be a bad guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Sheriff gets the decider as they have 2 votes?

There can still be a tie with the sheriff vote.

It's the person who was voted for last.

• Advertisement

Also the first game I have played in this format, I usually play a format where the one person is put on trial. The person is then posed questions and we decide if they are guilty/innocent. Probing questions such as "what is your role?" are fair game. Obviously everyone is going to claim to be villagers but it opens up the possibility for a player to slip up.

That seems as good a method as any. logistically, we'd all have to vote in thread, person with highest votes goes on trial, trial happens at fixed time and if they're a no show they get lynched, what happens if we're convinced of they are innocent after the trial?

That seems as good a method as any. logistically, we'd all have to vote in thread, person with highest votes goes on trial, trial happens at fixed time and if they're a no show they get lynched, what happens if we're convinced of they are innocent after the trial?

*what happens if we're convinced they are innocent after the trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

But does it not boil down to a race in the end - the only difference being the questioning which may or may not return some much needed information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

quickbeam wrote: »
    Re the race - for three games now players have been calling for a race and yet it always seems to fall down. It has been experienced players who have been calling for this, so I'd always assumed it was a good idea, but, since I'd never actually seen one pulled off successfully, I can't say for sure, and am only relying on experienced players' opinions on this matter. I am perfectly happy NOT to have a race if that is the consensus.

As I understand it (more experienced players please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

The advantages of a race are (1) that it's more difficult for the baddies to hide out when there's just two to vote for instead of spreading their votes as far as possible - this I can see the sense of and (2) that we can see voting patterns and where alliances are building - this I have never seen because a race has never really been played properly.

The disadvantages of a race are that if two villagers / goodies are picked to race, the baddies can just sit back and grin, knowing that they're secure.

So, what's the thought. I'll happily drop the race suggestion if that's the decision?

Few points in regard to the race,

The race worked perfectly in WW1 as 3 wolves voted for me and tried to get my lynched - it won us the game

WW2 was a mess and with 3 wolves killed early on not much could have been learned from races anyway

People are saying it is hard because there is 3 groups but in fact there is only 2 groups who have friends they they will try to defend in races as the NK is a lone wolf which wont count

We dont get instant results with races but its is vital for when the priest comes out, the race is to see who defends who and why

Any other format we take is just jumping over obstacles to call it another name but it will still turn out to be a race by the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

that all seems well and good and all, but what happens if the village accept the answers given and believe in so far as they can that the person is innocent ? is there another trial? so trials would have to be done early in the day to leave enough time for multiple trials.

How do we choose who to put on trial?

Also, a trial like that and questions around probing for a role would be happy days for the baddies too surely.

• Advertisement

andy125 wrote: »
    Few points in regard to the race,

The race worked perfectly in WW1 as 3 wolves voted for me and tried to get my lynched - it won us the game

WW2 was a mess and with 3 wolves killed early on not much could have been learned from races anyway

People are saying it is hard because there is 3 groups but in fact there is only 2 groups who have friends they they will try to defend in races as the NK is a lone wolf which wont count

We dont get instant results with races but its is vital for when the priest comes out, the race is to see who defends who and why

Any other format we take is just jumping over obstacles to call it another name but it will still turn out to be a race by the end

I agree with Andy on this, last night's lynch does not tell us a huge amount at this stage, as I said last night, that information is vital though as the game starts to progress and we identify roles etc. Picking one person on thread and lynching them doesn't give us any thing to look back on in relation to voting patterns.

Lads can we drop the trial stuff it would require rule changes (from my understanding of it) and it wont happen someone needs to be lynched each night either way

Lads can we drop the trial stuff it would require rule changes (from my understanding of it) and it wont happen someone needs to be lynched each night either way

not sure it would need rule changes, but I am not sure of the point of it and it would certainly mean a change in how we approach the game.

Apologies for suggesting the trial idea, I was just giving an example of how focussing our discussion (like in a race) can provide information

Uriel. wrote: »
    not sure it would need rule changes, but I am not sure of the point of it and it would certainly mean a change in how we approach the game.

if we question someone and think they are innocent who gets lynched and how would u format it? actually never mind this is just distracting us from what we should be doing. its a nice idea just impossible to implement properly

Ok, so what do we do then? I think we need to at least decide how we're operating the lynch within the next two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

We are heading the same way as last night.

I think as Andy said a race is important for future information and allowing people to look back when we've roles from the priest/seer.

Just another thought, we need to be careful when we get the seer to come out, as if they come out and are protected for one night the next night the enemies/baddies could do the red wedding and we lose all 3 starks rather than just the seer

Nopeare wrote: »
    Just another thought, we need to be careful when we get the seer to come out, as if they come out and are protected for one night the next night the enemies/baddies could do the red wedding and we lose all 3 starks rather than just the seer

Huh? The Seer is a Stark strictly speaking when referring to the GoT Lore, but for this game they're an individual role.
    The Starks: There are three Starks, Arya, Sansa and Jon Snow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Huh? The Seer is a Stark strictly speaking when referring to the GoT Lore, but for this game they're an individual role.

I was just thinking the same thing that they weren't connected in this game.

If im up I gave my reasons for a landslide on me if not I prefer a race.

I'll just add Im a likely peek for the seer so lynching me tonight would be a waste of thier peek, if im a goodie....

• Advertisement

I was just thinking the same thing that they weren't connected in this game.

I know why bran was picked as the seer, but for less confusion might have been better to pick Varys :)

Apologies re read it but I thought as the seer is Bran Stark he would count. I see he is listed under individual roles.

Special Play
    As having the Starks on their side is such an advantage to the good guys, should all three evil groups, the Lannisters, the Baratheons and the Night King target the same Stark all of them (Arya, Sansa & Jon) will die. This is called the Red Wedding!!

I'm just trying to look at plays long term as to when is the best time to reveal roles and didn't want up chances of the red wedding.

Uriel. wrote: »
    I know why bran was picked as the seer, but for less confusion might have been better to pick Varys :)

Could have had Lord Bloodraven instead and saved any confusion but still had him as the GreenSeer.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYaOr3bJBbIBkSP75PIjaLPsXARDpYOGPmUyuZDXDYZr5zfXO87Q

Just for those who don't know who I am talking about. Brynden Rivers who was called Lord Bloodraven and went onto be the three eyed raven as pictured with Bran above :)

Just for those GoT fans that haven't seen this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7xO5P3Az4

It is the mention of the Red Wedding that keeps bringing it to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Dazz being so quiet is becoming more and more suspicious to me. It's not like him. That may sound kinda random but it stands out a country mile every time I look at the list of remaining players.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Dazz being so quiet is becoming more and more suspicious to me. It's not like him. That may sound kinda random but it stands out a country mile every time I look at the list of remaining players.

Could be RL issues, especially missing a vote, surely he wouldn't draw attention to himself like a missed vote would do and put him in the frame for a mod kill.

at same time, although he (kinda) explained missing the vote, he hasn't explained his absence.

Ripping off/Updating Sullivlo's post from earlier and including post counts.

Current state of play:
    1 y0ssar1an22 - Lynched night 1
    2 gufc21 (11 posts)
    3 Stoogie (57 posts)
    4 dottie_lottie (37 posts)
    5 crosstownk (61 posts)
    6 tritium - Killed by Baratheons night 1
    7 quickbeam (116 posts)
    8 Maximus Alexander - Killed by Baratheons night 2
    9 MrsFlushdraw (53 posts)
    10 Sullivlo (43 posts)
    11 MicksJaguar (111 posts)
    12 Uriel (82 posts)
    13 Mahamageehad - Killed by Night King night 2
    14 nopeare (51 posts)
    15 JasonS246 (24 posts)
    16 The_Valeyard (17 posts)
    17 A Neurotic (21 posts)
    18 Barney92 (7 posts)
    19 andy125 (32 posts)
    20 Shatterproof (35 posts)
    21 The_Dazzler (3 posts)
    22 Xaracats - Killed by Lannister's night 2
    23 partyjungle (24 posts)
    24 Shane. C (13 posts)
    25 Persepoly (13 posts)

Starks + villagers
    Lannister's - killed 1
    Baratheons - killed 2
    Night King - killed 1

Sheriff - A Neurotic - immune from munch and lynch
    Bran Stark - Unknown
    Melisandre - Unknown
    Barristan Selmy - Unknown

This is not to be taken seriously crosstownk, but I cannot resist not pointing this out.

crosstowNK

NK = Night King

giphy.gif

./back-to-serious-game-play-mode

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    START OF TURN 2

Yossar1an22 - 13 Votes - Barney - Sully - MicksJag - Neurotic - Xaracatz - Andy - Valeyard - MrsFD - Dottie - Crosstownk - Persepoly - Nopeare - The Sheriff
    Micksjaguar - 8 votes - Partyjungle - Jason - Yosser - Gufc - Stoogie - Quickbeam - Uriel -
    MrsFlushdraw - 2 votes - Max Alex - Mahama
    JasonS246 - 1 vote - Shatterproof
    Shatterproof - 1 vote - ShaneC

Did Note Vote - 1 The Dazzler

Also just to have close to the other list for reference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Who has made themselves out to be a bad guy?

Well you did but we don't believe you. I acually hope you are the Night King :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement