Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Can we pick two candidates to race for sheriff? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Lads me and Jay are busy tomorrow so please don't break your F5 keys if the kill is late. It hopefully, and likely won't be but just a warning that it's possible.

Just get them to pm me their slaughtering and I'll let the rest know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

crosstownk wrote: »
    Can we pick two candidates to race for sheriff? :D

I think we should all random vote :rolleyes:

andy125 wrote: »
    I think we should all random vote :rolleyes:

I think we landslide MJ he is quite the colorfull fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I think we landslide MJ he is quite the colorfull fella

Let not bring colour into policing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Let not bring colour into policing

#WolvesLivesMatter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Crooked Shatter doesn't have the stamina for sheriff. Sad!

#MakeWesterosGreatAgain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Good night everyone.

I think we vote the sheriff after 10 when we know who is alive and we have some information from the priest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I stand by my record. During my time as sheriff, dragon attacks have continued to be at an historic low. Wildlings have been successfully fended off from breaching the Wall. Faceless men assassinations are down 46% on the same period last year. Rumours of shadow vagina monster regicide have been thoroughly investigated and quashed. And don't even get me started on the sh*t I'm hearing in reports from the Night's Watch on the Wall.

Dragon attacks an historic low??? Before you, there were no dragons!!?
    Boo-urns

• Advertisement

I'm Happy with Andy or Nospeare for sheriff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Morning all. All caught up now. An exciting night.

I'm tending to believe Stoogie. But this makes him a fellow Stark, not the Seer. The Seer only asks: "is XXX a Lan/Bar" and is answered with a yes/no. So if the Seer had picked Dazz then all he'd know is that Dazz was not a Lan/Bar, not that he was very specifically Arya Stark. Stoogie can only be a fellow Stark, though I don't think it really matters (Mick!) whether he's Sansa or Jon.

This makes me feel a little better. Like I said yesterday, the Starks aren't really any more important than a regular villager, and I'm glad at least that Dazz wasn't a rolled player (seer, priest, bodyguard).

In fairness (considering I was one of those who voted for him), nobody really put up much of a defense for him, and the theory of going for low posters is still sound. This is just a f-up akin to killing Barney last game - we just picked the wrong low poster.

Regarding the Sheriff, I'm not voting for that until after the slaughter. But there's absolutely no guarantee that Neurotic is a goodie just because he's been Sheriff past two days. The Sherrif was randomly assigned and could be anyone - hence the confusion over the first day of whether there were 11 or 12 villagers.

Stoogie wrote: »
    Dear the team that Mick isn't on; the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Dear the other team that Shatterproof isn't on the enemy of my enemy is my other friend.

I do find these two quotes interesting, though, and can't quite get my head around them. I will say this though, Stoogie has been consistent since Day 1 on Shatter. I'd book marked the post below as important, but I didn't want to highlight it and make it too obvious in case it pointed at Stoogie being the Seer, which I'm pretty sure now isn't the case.
    Well I think that later on people look at voting history so I'm sticking with Shatterproof and I'm confident I can stand over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Nopeare wrote:
    On day one even when I said look at low posters I excluded everyone with single posts (if you want I can search for my post?), the low posters I believe we should be targeting won't be in the bottom 5 but are posting jokes, looking for clarifications from mods etc anything to keep posts up a little hoping not to draw attention. They won't post anything controversial, any accusations that are made will be quoting someone else first that if they're on the wrong side later they can claim to be led astray. This is what I believe we should be looking for.

I fit that description, as you pointed out (to be fair someone else said yesterday they dont want to vote without hearing who everyone else was voting for) I'll tell you you're wrong and that I'm just a villager and I'll answer any questions you want to ask me. It also doesn't look great that I voted for someone who came out as a stark (tho even the baddies would only be taking a pot shot at that) But if you're really convinced and I survive the munch I'll volunteer as tribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Is it just me or is Stoogie playing a dangerous game. I need to double check the red wedding but was it not if everyone went for the same person they wipe out the Starks? Haven't read everything yet as just back in the door.

Dazzler did nothing to convince me not to vote, shame it happened this way. But at the end of the day the Starks are just the same as us, villagers but with a voting column which now might be gone due to Stoogie coming out.

I should really have checked before I posted on red wedding but hey ho lol.

The priest knows I'm telling the truth, 10 votes for a stark and now two more picked by villians will die tonight. I really hope that the bodyguard is still around btw.

Special Play
    As having the Starks on their side is such an advantage to the good guys, should all three evil groups, the Lannisters, the Baratheons and the Night King target the same Stark all of them (Arya, Sansa & Jon) will die. This is called the Red Wedding!!

No idea what happens if Selmy protects though.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Lads me and Jay are busy tomorrow so please don't break your F5 keys if the kill is late. It hopefully, and likely won't be but just a warning that it's possible.

This could actually work in our favour. Priest could come out AFTER 10am, when any chance of a slaughter against them would be gone, but the result isn't yet announced so they're still free to post.

Special Play
    As having the Starks on their side is such an advantage to the good guys, should all three evil groups, the Lannisters, the Baratheons and the Night King target the same Stark all of them (Arya, Sansa & Jon) will die. This is called the Red Wedding!!

No idea what happens if Selmy protects though.

Not such a big deal now that one Stark has already gone. It would just mean two Starks would be killed, but there are two slaughters each morning anyway, so no "extra" people killed.

Confused as **** to as of why Stoogie has outed himself but won't be straight with us. Makes no sense.

If he's a good guy, either Seer/stark/trained priest, he should just be straight with us. If he's a bad guy, he has no reason to out himself.

Was there not someone else who was going to explain something? can't remember who. Said they couldn't but would later?

• Advertisement

Was there not someone else who was going to explain something? can't remember who. Said they couldn't but would later?

Mick said he'd explain why he wanted a landslide against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Also, the Red Wedding won't be in play tonight as the NK doesn't get to kill anyone tonight. So we wouldn't have to worry about that just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Dazzler was Arya
    Priest you know this is true so you need to come out just on the dot of 09:59:50 tomorrow morning with all the dead roles
    Also priest you need to pick an apprentice (not me obviously I'm for the chop)
    Baristan if you could protect me tonight that would be peachey.
    The priest knows I'm telling the truth, 10 votes for a stark and now two more picked by villians will die tonight. I really hope that the bodyguard is still around btw.
    The scent of what? 10 votes for Arya stark means that we are soo far off that there would be no need.
    If the priest is gone I can't see how this could be won see Nopeares post for the numbers.
    At 09:59:50 that's 10 seconds for someone to refresh and read and vote to kill them; not plausible. That's how it was done in game one.I read through the threads and it worked well.
    Vote a neurotic for a second term as sherriff
    There are maybe 7 villians out of 20 remaining players
    Ther will be maybe 7 out of 18 tomorrow, without direction we are scuppered.
    Well the fact that Dazz was a Stark for one!
    I'm addressing the priest who will know I'm genuine. Since I've been trying to get you lynched you'll understand that I have no intention of telling you how I know. If you are the priest you will note I'm stating Dazzler is Arya rather than "a stark"
    Asked and answered.
    Are you claiming the Seer ?
    So this is the fun bit with the way this is set up,
    Dear the team that Mick isn't on; the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Dear the other team that Shatterproof isn't on the enemy of my enemy is my other friend.
    It's not vanillager that's all I'm saying.
    if I get protected tonight I'll tell you who I am tomorrow and why I won't tonight.
    I do hope the priest has seen this and is not either busy in real life or in the dead room.
    I'm for the chop tomorrow night no matter what so that's why I don't want the priest picking me as apprentice as I wouldn't last long enough.
    I'm not trying to lynch you I voted Mick both nights.
    I can't tell you why I can't tell you .
    I just did a Jon Snow Joke in my last post but that was a skit and I'm playing to the gallery rather than dropping hints .
    Re read the first post and you will see why I won't tell who I am. The priest will back me up and the bodyguard has no one else to protect so unless I was protected last night or the bodyguard is dead I expect to be protected.

So a reference post for most of Stoogie's comments last night (in chronological order).

It's all over the place.

this is an interesting line "I'm stating Dazzler is Arya rather than "a stark""
    This doesn't make sense to me. It would make some sense if he said Dazz was Jon Snow and not a Stark (i.e. failed to complete the task to bring him into the Stark family).

I do wonder if he's taking one for one of the baddie families... seeking the village to protect him last night and looking for the priest to be given up (even if the priest can survive tonight's slaughter).

Uriel. wrote:
    this is an interesting line "I'm stating Dazzler is Arya rather than "a stark"" This doesn't make sense to me. It would make some sense if he said Dazz was Jon Snow and not a Stark (i.e. failed to complete the task to bring him into the Stark family).

I took that to be that if he was a bad guy he would say Stark as he only had a suspicion rather than fact, and so by saying Arya it implies insider knowledge. It also prevents us thinking that Daz was the seer who tho technically is a Stark isn't on Team Stark

TBH I don't think Stoogie would have went to all those lengths. I think he may be genuine and one of the Starks. Not sure about some of his posts and what he means.

I have been watching for the post thinking it is 10.16 and forgetting the time difference. Better get off my ass and head shopping in Dorne ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I took that to be that if he was a bad guy he would say Stark as he only had a suspicion rather than fact, and so by saying Arya it implies insider knowledge. It also prevents us thinking that Daz was the seer who tho technically is a Stark isn't on Team Stark

the only thing is, a baddie could easily say the same thing to feign insider knowledge.

Confused as **** to as of why Stoogie has outed himself but won't be straight with us. Makes no sense.

If he's a good guy, either Seer/stark/trained priest, he should just be straight with us. If he's a bad guy, he has no reason to out himself.

I think he cant be straight as it could out the remaining Starks?

I believe the game is firmly in the hands Of The Lannisters and the Beratheons (sic)

The theory around low lying posters gives me an idea, what if we look at people who keep a lower profile on days the nk has a kill. Because the nk can kill anyone the Lannisters and Baratheons have to also be careful not to fall afoul of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Uriel. wrote:
    this is an interesting line "I'm stating Dazzler is Arya rather than "a stark"" This doesn't make sense to me. It would make some sense if he said Dazz was Jon Snow and not a Stark (i.e. failed to complete the task to bring him into the Stark family).

I think the point is that the Seer only gets told what team someone is on, not their specific role. Therefore if Stoog knows the specific name it's because he's a Stark and not the Seer.

• Advertisement

Seer isn't even told which team somebody is on. Just if they're a Lan/Bar or not. So if they peak the NK, the answer would be "no", and if they peak a Lan/Bar the answer would be "yes" but no info as to which of those they belong to:
    Bran Stark - Seer: Bran has the ability to PM the moderator once per turn and ask him "Is X a Lannister or Baratheon", to which they will be truthfully be told yes or no. Bran will not be able to detect The Night King until one of the Lannister or Baratheon team is completely wiped out. .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement