Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Registered under the same name there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Me too, can read storms end but not casterly rock or winterfell

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Not sure what's going on with Winterfell and Casterly Rock guys. Permissions are set correctly, but it looks like the forum software is sh*tting itself. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow, sorry.
    Shane.C wrote: »
    Registered under the same name there now

Should have access now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Get ready for the ramblings of a crazy person once you're let into casterly rock. You've been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Not sure what's going on with Winterfell and Casterly Rock guys. Permissions are set correctly, but it looks like the forum software is sh*tting itself. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow, sorry.

Oh wait. I'm a dope. I'll blame the wine. Should work now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Epic! Well done villagers. First game to have gone down to the wire too. Eight "days" it took.

Full summary as I understand it:

y0ssar1an22 Villager
    gufc21 Villager
    Stoogie Sansa Stark
    dottie_lottie Villager
    crosstownk Apprentice Priest
    tritium Villager
    quickbeam Stannis Baratheon
    Maximus Alexander Villager
    MrsFlushdraw Bran Stark - Seer
    Sullivlo Priest
    MicksJaguar Villager
    Uriel Villager
    Mahamageehad Robert Baratheon
    nopeare Villager
    JasonS246 Villager
    The_Valeyard Jon Snow
    A Neurotic Tyrion Lannister
    Barney92 Tywin Lannister
    andy125 Cercei Lannister
    Shatterproof Villager
    The_Dazzler Arya Stark
    Xaracats Renley Baratheon
    partyjungle Villager
    Shane. C Barristan Selmy - Bodyguard
    Persepoly Night King

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Well done mods, brilliant game.
    Shane did a great job as Selmy, had no idea who the bodyguard was.

Just read the family rooms, funny to see my one comment of Andy pinged me as seer. I am glad they let me live another day as the day that Sully came out was a good bit of crazy fun! Head wrecking but good craic. It was much better than Andy just admitting defeat and a boring day.

Barney, great job almost getting to the end. Didn't have you pegged at all. Jason looked so suss with his posts.

Still don't get the whole Night King thing. I obviously peeked the NK and it didn't help us one bit. All the NK did was throw suspicion on all people that I peeked that were not Lannister or Baratheon.

Going through about 7 peoples posts was exhausting. I know I let the whole find Jon bit take over me etc but I just wanted to have my list that was on my notepad updated so I could think where to go next. So I looked through the posts little by little till It jumped out at me ;)

Great we had a village win, very hard with all going on and the different factions in play. And with the NK being almost invisible I expected him to win the game for sure.

Thanks again mods and all, great game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Well done All and particularly well done and thanks to the Mods. Lots of creativity on display with the theme, rules, teams and lynch/slaughter announcements

Well done to barney on his play... I was almost rooting for you in the end.... Almost. :)

Congrats villagers and well done mods for creating the game. Your stories during lynch and slaughter were good craic. Well done all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Well done all! Just finished reading through the forums, Barney you speaking to yourself is hilarious, but very interesting!!! Really ballsy moves, Lannisters deserved to get as far as they did. It was fierce unlucky for Xaracats to get taken out so early, but QB did an excellent job. Unfortunately looks like I wasn't going to last long anyways, both NK and Lannisters were out to get little old me!! As said above, great stories from the mods and thanks for all the work ye put in. Congrats villagers, I was rooting for ye by the end!!!

• Advertisement

Now bow before your king.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh hes thed mad king ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Barney. Great play. You had me fooled, no doubt about it. You were 110% villager in my books. Well done.

Stupid me trusting people in this game. Live and learn.

Quickbeam also had me despite some niggly suspicions I had.

I haven't read through the other forums properly yet but I'll get to that later.

Well done to the mods and thanks to all involved. A very enjoyable game.

Roll on the next one!

Barney, and the Lannisters - well done. An epic move to out Neurotic like that, and a fantastically ballsy move to leave Flush to me to kill. I was thinking along the same lines (ie, leaving you to kill her) but chickened out at the end. I was rooting for you, at least once I was dead.

But well done villagers.

Anyways that was real craic in fairness great fun so Wp Mods, great stories theme eveything I really enjoyed this game nearly more so in the dead room when the pressure is off.

QB played very well being on his own for so long and in a normal game without 3 baddies would have lasted longer and had a good chance to win

Lanisters move was class tbf but ye just ran out of room at the end really, ShanceC letting crosstown unprotected is what probably got ye in the end.

@QB I think you asked me a question in the other place its hard to remember all my ramblings but I think you said once or twice after I was lynched I could still have been a lan or bar when all I could be was the NK (I THINK could be wrong :D) O and was being the highest poster a tactic you decided before hand or just happened naturally

@Perspoly why you kill me :mad:

Final thought the priest role which I hate only because Im a curious SOAB and hate waiting. Is an angleable role as in it would be in the priest best interests just to wait till 10 Mods very unlikely to post on the button and kills dont count after 10.

Seems a little unfair on baddies that info can come out yet they cant munch, it didnt happen in this game but a thought that coccured to me

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh hes thed mad king ****e

I'm mad as hell and I aint going to take it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

crosstownk wrote: »
    Barney. Great play. You had me fooled, no doubt about it. You were 110% villager in my books. Well done.

Stupid me trusting people in this game. Live and learn.

Quickbeam also had me despite some niggly suspicions I had.

I haven't read through the other forums properly yet but I'll get to that later.

Well done to the mods and thanks to all involved. A very enjoyable game.

Roll on the next one!

I only killed you because Shane suspected me and I thought that'd give it away. Probably should've killed Shane and let you back me up but I still reckon you'd have worked it out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Barney92 wrote: »
    I only killed you because Shane suspected me and I thought that'd give it away. Probably should've killed Shane and let you back me up but I still reckon you'd have worked it out in the end.

Ah yes. Lies and deceit. Brilliant stuff!

crosstownk wrote: »
    Ah yes. Lies and deceit. Brilliant stuff!

Well, twas game of thrones.

Cheers to the game mods for a job well done. You deserve pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Let's kill Xaracatz.

Yeah, fk it, why not.

Well that just hurts guys!! :p

• Advertisement

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Let's kill Xaracatz.

Yeah, fk it, why not.

Dont take it personally. Someone's gotta die.

@Perspoly why you kill me :mad:

I'm not going to give away all my secrets. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Dont take it personally. Someone's gotta die.

Yah, but I wanna go out for being a criminal mastermind who is clearly going to wreak havoc on anyone who crosses my path. Sure, next time!!

Good game y'all. Really interesting reading some of the tactics in the DR - I didn't have a proper game head on at all this time, but really enjoyed it nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Let's kill Xaracatz.

Yeah, fk it, why not.

At least you got to stretch your legs, i was doomed frombthe start no matter what :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Let's kill Xaracatz.

Yeah, fk it, why not.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Jasus I leave for 24 hours and the villagers pull it out of the bag. What a game! Fantastic work by everyone involved. Barney, QB and Persepoly especially. Wouldn't have had a clue ye were evil. Well played.
    Kudos to Valeyard for the villager win, despite everyone's best efforts to doom you all.

Anyways that was real craic in fairness great fun so Wp Mods, great stories theme eveything I really enjoyed this game nearly more so in the dead room when the pressure is off.

QB played very well being on his own for so long and in a normal game without 3 baddies would have lasted longer and had a good chance to win

Lanisters move was class tbf but ye just ran out of room at the end really, ShanceC letting crosstown unprotected is what probably got ye in the end.

@QB I think you asked me a question in the other place its hard to remember all my ramblings but I think you said once or twice after I was lynched I could still have been a lan or bar when all I could be was the NK (I THINK could be wrong :D) O and was being the highest poster a tactic you decided before hand or just happened naturally

Thanks Mick. DR really is great craic. I sometimes hoped I'd be munched or lynched just to get the craic in there, though I wasn't going to do anything to make myself die as I felt I'd be letting down my brothers (sisters in this case) if I did.

The post I quoted was: you'd said something like you suspected me as a baddie because I'd missed some very obvious things, or something like that. I just replied that that wasn't tactic, I probably had missed some very simple things. I also said in the DR that I played as much like a villager as I could, which was made easier by the fact that it wasn't a binary game - wolves v villagers. This time, with more factions, I, like the villagers was on the hunt for bad guys (Lannisters and NK in my case) so it was easier to act villagery in that sense.

Hi post count was definitely not a tactic. I was killed Morning Two of WW2, so the end result of that game mightn't have seen me as top poster, but up until then I think I was too. That's just my personality. Next time, no matter the role I get, I'll try to stay quieter, see if that helps me be on the winning side (0/2 for me so far).

Also my personality is "crossing the Ts and dotting the Is". That wasn't tactic either. In fact I had no real tactic except - earn as many villager points as I could.

I didnt want to persue it even more than I already had for fear of casting even more suspicion my way, but I still don't really get why Max was so strong defending you on that first lynch. Max had probably seen one of those obvious things that I had missed. He sort of explained it in the DR, that he knew he was an unroled villager, and he suspected you of at least being a goodie, but possibly being a roled villager (right on the first count, wrong on the second) and wanted to sacrifice himse.f But I don't get what he saw that made him so sure you were a goodie that first night that he'd be willing to sacrifice himself. I'd love to know, just so I can learn and improve for the next game.

Cheers to the game mods for a job well done. You deserve pints.

This reminds me. A WW Beers has been suggested a couple of times. I don't know how praticable it would be, as I think we're spread out quite wide, geographically, but would anyone be up for it?

Also, any news on the next steps to our own forum now that the request has been approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

quickbeam wrote: »
    This reminds me. A WW Beers has been suggested a couple of times. I don't know how praticable it would be, as I think we're spread out quite wide, geographically, but would anyone be up for it?

Also, any news on the next steps to our own forum now that the request has been approved?

That'd be good craic, I'm up for it anyway (based in Dublin).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

A Neurotic wrote: »
    That'd be good craic, I'm up for it anyway (based in Dublin).

Have a live game at it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement