Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

quickbeam wrote: »
    This reminds me. A WW Beers has been suggested a couple of times. I don't know how praticable it would be, as I think we're spread out quite wide, geographically, but would anyone be up for it?

Also, any news on the next steps to our own forum now that the request has been approved?

I would be up for it although I do fear shatter be lynched within the first hour, I'm based in Navan but I have no idea where everyone else is

Regarding the forum request I have no idea the timescale of it being approved but It could be a week or so more as the mods have to discuss it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Dublin here too, but willing to travel (I rarely drink anyway, so will be able to drive anywhere within an hour or two of Dublin).

I wouldn't even have a clue how to play a live game. But willing to give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A Neurotic wrote: »
    That'd be good craic, I'm up for it anyway (based in Dublin).

Me too. Also in Dublin -despite being modkilled for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

quickbeam wrote: »
    I didnt want to persue it even more than I already had for fear of casting even more suspicion my way, but I still don't really get why Max was so strong defending you on that first lynch. Max had probably seen one of those obvious things that I had missed. He sort of explained it in the DR, that he knew he was an unroled villager, and he suspected you of at least being a goodie, but possibly being a roled villager (right on the first count, wrong on the second) and wanted to sacrifice himse.f But I don't get what he saw that made him so sure you were a goodie that first night that he'd be willing to sacrifice himself. I'd love to know, just so I can learn and improve for the next game.

There was no special secret to it. Mick had been very vocal in the previous game and it was easy to see that his behaviour and approach was exactly the same. He even reacted the same way to me accusing him as he did when others accused him last game. Could have been great acting but having been a wolf last game I know how hard that is to do convincingly.

I wasn't trying to sacrifice myself for him specifically, more for all of the roled villagers generally. I was less important so that meant if I could get the baddies to use a slaughter on me, it was one less slaughter to land on our roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

In Dublin also. Although my time is limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

You on the Nights Watch?

I wasn't trying to sacrifice myself for him specifically, more for all of the roled villagers generally. I was less important so that meant if I could get the baddies to use a slaughter on me, it was one less slaughter to land on our roles.

And so we did!!

Thanks for answering.

All I can say is you're more observant than I am, or probably ever hope to be. Anybody who's now played both goodie and baddie roles (say, Andy, Barney, Crosstown, Nopeare and yourself) have appeared to me post very similar no matter which game they've played in (only Valeyard has played differently, but that was probably because of baba). And those who do play differently (eg, I'm thinking Dazz in this game, much quieter than the two previous games) doesn't tell me anything either, as he ended up a goodie in this and the last game with two completely different posting styles.

So I'll probably continue to make the same mistakes next time. I'll be suspicious of EVERYONE until given a good reason to think otherwise. And annoy others in the process :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

andy125 wrote: »
    You on the Nights Watch?

Ah, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm based in Dublin.

And the wheels are very much in motion for the forum being sorted!

Give it time. Soon you'll be dying for a night out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Dublin based also and would be up for a drinks sometime.

I'll bring my pitchfork

Uriel. wrote: »
    Dublin based also and would be up for a drinks sometime.

I'll bring my pitchfork

Could I borrow your pitch fork?

To kill Barney. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Dublin based also. I'll be the one turning on his own teammates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Also Dublin based, would be up for something.

There seems to be a fair bit of interest in a beers night.

Any time frame preferred? Location? No point in talking about it forever and then having votes to see how we should vote.

Post suggestions and ideas and let's see if we can get the ball rolling.

I too would be up for it :)

crosstownk wrote: »
    There seems to be a fair bit of interest in a beers night.

Any time frame preferred? Location? No point in talking about it forever and then having votes to see how we should vote.

Post suggestions and ideas and let's see if we can get the ball rolling.

Maybe we could pick a few dates and race them?

Uriel. wrote: »
    Maybe we could pick a few dates and race them?

No Oasis tribute bands on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

We could rent a air bnb house and do a murder weekend

Tigger wrote: »

That would be brilliant!

Apart from a slight niggle that tells me it would be Tigger's house of horrors where we would each be tortured and killed.

:p

• Advertisement

And see who is brave enough to Stare into the mirror and say Tigger three times?

Not actually sure if serious or not, but that sounds epic!

That would be brilliant!

Apart from a slight niggle that tells me it would be Tigger's house of horrors where we would each be tortured and killed.

:p

We both know it wouldn't be you getting tortired

I mean didn't be silly pollyperse

We both know it wouldn't be you

In that case I can be your little assistant and manipulate the others in to letting their guard down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'd love to do a beers, I think it's pretty unlikely though unless there's a cosmic aligning of dates! I would have brought secret hitler though, very similar mechanics but two competing teams. Someone else mentioned having it too, Flush maybe? It needs at least 5 to play so I haven't had a chance yet. The Resistance is also a similar game, I don't have it though and also haven't tried it.

A murder mystery weekend sounds epic!

In that case I can be your little assistant and manipulate the others in to letting their guard down.

Shh you're Ruinn it

0d4fc8bc6bce2b58914b3abe6ac283aa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Dublin based too, would certainly try to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have beers in Dublin t'feck, it's easier for us country folk to reach Dublin that you to reach us.

Set a date end of November and see how that goes. Everyone book off work for the last Saturday in November.

Valeyard give the wife a few footrubs, because you'll be getting grief for leaving

• Advertisement

26th that is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement