Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming - Complete - Village victory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'd love to do a beers, I think it's pretty unlikely though unless there's a cosmic aligning of dates! I would have brought secret hitler though, very similar mechanics but two competing teams. Someone else mentioned having it too, Flush maybe? It needs at least 5 to play so I haven't had a chance yet. The Resistance is also a similar game, I don't have it though and also haven't tried it.

A murder mystery weekend sounds epic!
    Tis me that has Secret Hitler. I also have Avalon which is a version of the Resistance. Unfortunately I'm based in Belfast and it's highly unlikely I'd be able to get down to Dublin for the night around the end of November. I've a million things on between now and Christmas. Which is poopy coz it would be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

quickbeam wrote: »
    26th that is.

Sounds good to me.

I'll give it a +1.

Will we be playing a game when we meet up? I've never done anything like that before so will be excite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Tis me that has Secret Hitler. I also have Avalon which is a version of the Resistance. Unfortunately I'm based in Belfast and it's highly unlikely I'd be able to get down to Dublin for the night around the end of November. I've a million things on between now and Christmas. Which is poopy coz it would be a laugh.
    Ah, I knew it was one of the girls here alright. I just got a new one Grifters from the makers of Avalon, also haven't been able to get enough people together to play it. :P

Is there a pub ye could meet in Dublin on a Saturday where it'd be possible to play a board game though? There's no way I'll be home in November I'm afraid so I'm out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ah, I knew it was one of the girls here alright. I just got a new one Grifters from the makers of Avalon, also haven't been able to get enough people together to play it. :P

Is there a pub ye could meet in Dublin on a Saturday where it'd be possible to play a board game though? There's no way I'll be home in November I'm afraid so I'm out!

The Black Sheep is a perfect pub for that. Near cineworld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Someone bring a laptop and we'll Skype mahama and Molly in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Not sure what to be doing with myself right now. It was usually this time of the morning that I'd put my kill request in!!

Ah well, I'll be at work in little over an hour, I can take all that murdering Baratheon impulse out on somebody there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Cassidys on Westmoreland Street is also a good pub for it too, if often a bit loud. They keep a stock of board games that customers can use while there.

Ive the GOT board game.. Taken out of the box once to read the rules, looked like a serious amount of effort to get your head around the rules. Been in the box since gathering dust ye can have that if ye want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Great shout, love that pub.

The Long Stone in town is also gamer-friendly, often see D&D groups in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

I might make it if it is the last weekend in November, I'm living in London but might have something else that weekend that i'd be home for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ive the GOT board game.. Taken out of the box once to read the rules, looked like a serious amount of effort to get your head around the rules. Been in the box since gathering dust ye can have that if ye want.

I've played this with a few friends. It's not as complicated as it looks, but at the same time it probably involves a bit too much setup and rule explaining stuff to be playing in a pub.

I've played this with a few friends. It's not as complicated as it looks, but at the same time it probably involves a bit too much setup and rule explaining stuff to be playing in a pub.

O cool is it any good? I bought it for xmas with family but didnt get many takers to learn rules when drinking :D Cranium is a great board game but again maybe not suitable to a pub unless ye had an area to yerselfs

O cool is it any good? I bought it for xmas with family but didnt get many takers to learn rules when drinking :D Cranium is a great board game but again maybe not suitable to a pub unless ye had an area to yerselfs

Yeah we had good crack playing it. It's not the greatest because it's a bit imbalanced in the way that the board is set up, some of the families have an advantage especially if you are playing with less than the full compliment of players (6 I think?) but we all still enjoyed it.

Cranium is great crack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

If it's the first version the greyjoy are seriously overpowered look up the rule changes that put it back in balance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

It will be too cold in November for a Beer meet, come to Malta, it's a bit warmer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Awww. I'd love to go, and I'm actually in the country that weekend, but it's for a party on the 26th. :(

Maybe I'll see ye wandering around town trying to pitchfork each other.

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Maybe I'll see ye wandering around town trying to pitchfork each other.

The durt!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

just after signing up for boards 5-a-side, so may keep the momentum going. count me in for beers

I'm actually getting some work done this week.

• Advertisement

So are we sitting on beers the 26th November?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

It's in my diary, so I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm scheduling it in my diary too

I don't have a diary because I'm a millennial.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I don't have a diary because I'm a millennial.

71c3931c1edc4353a0c03ec549753b965872a2c343c09255617f4470cbd924ed.jpg

I'll stick it in the diary (my head) also.

I'll stick in the diary too. There is a bizarre overlap in this thread and other interests I have on boards. Rugby, gaming and running all represented :pac:

Savage I'll see you guys then

Me too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So are we sitting on beers the 26th November?

I'll attempt it. But my schedule is pretty all over the place at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement