Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to start up 7-piece bar band

• 26-09-2016 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

anyone interested in forming a touring electric rock and roll covers bar band with loads of instruments?

I'm thinking a repertoire of great songs, classics ranging from the eagles, bruce springsteen to blues standards, chuck berry, the band etc... no washed up modern tunes.. solely high quality music, and the people will dig it :cool:

I'm a singer and multi-instrumentalist with loads of gigging experience looking to form a professional ensemble of other professionals.

I was thinking something like the J. Geils Band, if ya know what I mean?

I mainly sing and play rhythm guitars and (rhythm) keys, either works for me so

We will be needing:

drummer that preferably also can harmonize
    bassist that preferably also can harmonize
    solo guitarist that preferably also can harmonize
    harp player that preferably also can harmonize
    rhythm git or keys player that preferably also can harmonize
    perhaps a sax player

here's a sample of me from a live performance:

I'm looking for people at the same skill level as yours truly, so if you are interested, send me a PM with a sample of yourself (preferably from a live performance) and a bit of info of yourself and we'll take it from there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Finbarr Murphy

Sounds great but a touring 7 piece needs to rake in a lot of money to keep rolling.

Maybe start as a 4 piece and take it from there?

PS nice clip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭guitarmagic

Sounds great but a touring 7 piece needs to rake in a lot of money to keep rolling.

Maybe start as a 4 piece and take it from there?

PS nice clip :)

well, I say let's rake that money in. nothing's impossible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

P.M. sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Danmcp90

Hey, how's it going? My name's Dan, I'm a guitarist/saxophonist/vocalist based in Dublin. Just wondering if you're still on the lookout for musicians? I'd be interested in meeting up for a jam and seeing how we get on? I'm playing the guitar about 13 years and picked up the sax about 2 years now. I'm the lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist and one of the sax players in the band the Sour Seeds (don't ask about how I do it all at once, haha), but I'm looking to take on something while the band is going through a bit of a re-jig. I'd also be able to sing harmonies too. Let me know what you think.

All the best,

Dan

Advertisement