Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre rollout

Options
  • 26-09-2016 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,591 ✭✭✭✭

Hi eir reps, 

Last week, while the Ploughing was on, eir plastered every available pole in my area (Durrow, just outside Tullamore) with posters advertising "Fibre now available in this area". 

About time thinks I, as it's well overdue, however no-one at eir seems to know a thing about this, not in person, nor even your rollout website which still has the area as "Fibre Services Planned"

So, my question is this. Have you actually rolled out the service, or just engaging in flagrant false advertising in light of the additional passing traffic in the area due to the ploughing being on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi eir reps, 

Last week, while the Ploughing was on, eir plastered every available pole in my area (Durrow, just outside Tullamore) with posters advertising "Fibre now available in this area". 

About time thinks I, as it's well overdue, however no-one at eir seems to know a thing about this, not in person, nor even your rollout website which still has the area as "Fibre Services Planned"

So, my question is this. Have you actually rolled out the service, or just engaging in flagrant false advertising in light of the additional passing traffic in the area due to the ploughing being on?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]For Forks Sake,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,591 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hi eir reps, 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]For Forks Sake,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Hi Pamela, 

That's the same link I posted in my OP, therefore you haven't informed me of anything I wan't already aware of. 

Also, my question was regarding eir postering an entire area advertising "Fibre Now Available in this area", when clearly, this is not the case. Please address this query, rather than posting a copy-and-paste reply. 

Advertisement