Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a motion triggered CCTV/IP cam email you?

Options
  • 26-09-2016 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm new to all these cctv system stuff, and while I understand that most recorders can be set to continuous, or motion detected record, although I presume with 2Tb of memory these days everyone has it on continuously, and that you can view the stream on your phone.
    My question is there a DVR/camera combo that will email/alert you when motion is detected by a camera?
    And can these emails/alerts be easily toggled on and off by an app on your phone?
    Also, could anyone please explain the difference between a CCTV and IP camera?
    If anyone knows where to get a standalone mains outdoor camera with motion activated SD card record, that would be great.
    Thanks, d2ww

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

d2ww wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm new to all these cctv system stuff, and while I understand that most recorders can be set to continuous, or motion detected record, although I presume with 2Tb of memory these days everyone has it on continuously, and that you can view the stream on your phone.
    My question is there a DVR/camera combo that will email/alert you when motion is detected by a camera?
    And can these emails/alerts be easily toggled on and off by an app on your phone?
    Also, could anyone please explain the difference between a CCTV and IP camera?
    If anyone knows where to get a standalone mains outdoor camera with motion activated SD card record, that would be great.
    Thanks, d2ww

Most quality security distributors should carry such stock but may (or should) only sell to you if you have a current PSA licence

Advertisement