Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account owner deceased/Name change

Options
  • 26-09-2016 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,

I would like to change the name on my father's EI account to my own. I am a current EI customer at a different address and will be vacating the property I am currently in at the end of Oct and moving into my late father's address. 
    Which would be easier? a transfer or taking over existing account?
    Also, how much notice do I have to give to EI? I can't find that on the website.

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Johnnio13,

Thanks for your message, and we're very sorry to read of your loss. Please accept our deepest condolences during this difficult time.

With regard to your late father's account, we would recommend updating the current details on file to reflect that the representatives of your father's estate will be looking after the property for the meantime.

In order to do this, we would recommend sending us a private message with your father's account details (account number, address, name and contact number). We would also recommend advising by private message if you are the executor of your father's estate. We can then update the information on file to reflect this.

Once you move from your current residence to your late father's address we would then recommend registering the property into your name. 

In order to do so, we would require a closing reading for your current address, as well as the name and telephone number of the person now responsible for the supply at the property. This can be the property owner, letting agent, estate agent, or new occupant.

We would also require a reading taken on the day you move into your new address.

Electric Ireland would only require that you contact us on the day you leave your current address, or shortly after, in order to close that account, and the day you move into your new premises to register at that property.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Johnnio13,

Thanks for your message.

We will look into this for you as soon as possible.

Should you have any other queries in the meantime please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement