Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Solar Offer

Options
  • 26-09-2016 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys

This was posted on another forum and was wondering did you have any more information or could you provide more information? 

Please note I am not currently with Electric Ireland for electricity.

Another member of boards was sent the following information via email/post not sure. I am just wondering is this open to non-Electric Ireland account holders?

If so is there a website to register interest in the program? I am currently renovating a house and interested in putting in solar PV panels.

See your savings rise with Electric Ireland Solar PV

The future of affordable home energy lies in Solar Photovoltaic (PV) panels. Sitting on the roof of your home, these panels convert energy from daylight into electricity for use all around your home.

As the first energy provider to offer Solar PV in Ireland, we want you to enjoy all the benefits of this simple, money-saving technology.
    To find out if your home is suitable for Solar PV, please complete our survey.

Choose from the two best Solar PV packages in the market

Option 1 - Buy Solar PV
    €249 upfront cost
    €80 monthly fee for 3 years*
    Save over €200* a year on your electricity bills

Option 2 - 20 Year Lease
    €249 upfront cost
    A yearly fee of €180*
    Save over €200* a year on your electricity bills

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Shefwedfan,

Thank you for your message.

We are currently looking into your query for you, and we will respond as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

any update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Shefwedfan,

Thanks for your patience while this matter was being looked into for you.

We must advise that the Electric Ireland Solar PV offer is not currently available for non-Electric Ireland customers, and as such there is no website to register interest in the program.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any other questions regarding Electric Ireland please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Thanks, I might be interested in moving to Electric Ireland to get this offer, do you have any more information? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Shefwedfan,

Thank you for bearing with us while we escalated your query to the relevant department.

We have further information for you now, and have sent you a private message detailing same.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

Hi again Shefwedfan,

Thank you for bearing with us while we escalated your query to the relevant department.

We have further information for you now, and have sent you a private message detailing same.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi, I would like to move to Electric Ireland as well. Could you please send me the information you have.
    Thanks.

Hi konline,

Thank you for getting in touch. Unfortunately the Electric Ireland Solar PV Panel offer is not a switching incentive, it is just on offer to existing customers with Electric Ireland for some time.

I have sent you a private message elaborating on the above.

Regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can you send me the details too, I'm an EI customer (although thinking of leaving).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can you send me the details too, I'm an EI customer (although thinking of leaving).

Hi DrPhilG,

Thank you for getting in touch. I have sent you a private message now.

Una

________

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

Can you just post the relevant info. here rather than relaying it piecemeal. 
    I like a lot of people switch every year depending on whats best at that time and usually this means I'm an electric Ireland customer every 2nd or 3rd year. Restricting information to existing customers rules out people like me who otherwise might be customers again sooner rather than later if the full facts are readily available. 

I wont post the exact text.

This is not an incentive to switch which I already knew. It is just a trial offer.

To get offered it you need to have a record of been billed and paying Electric Ireland....so people like myself who swap every 12 months for better value will probably be ruled out

There is only a limited number of places available and only available to certain criteria people. Even if you do switch in hope of getting the offer there is no guarantee it will be made to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Can you send me details also. I'm a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,350 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And me please?

Thank you.

Hi all,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Just to clarify: we need to advise that we have been sending responses by private message as this is not a public offering, rather it is a trial, the details of which were emailed by the relevant department to some Electric Ireland customers who meet certain criteria in relation to location and account history. These customers are still required to apply for the trial.

Not all of these customers will be able to take part in the trial as there are further criteria required upon application - there is only a set number of places. Applications are only open to those customers who received the relevant email - all of the details/contact information are contained in the email in question.

The above is the advice we have been giving by private message.

We regret any confusion. If you have account queries/questions in relation to current Electric Ireland offers (savings, Pay As You Go or Home Services) do please let us know - we are online here on Boards.ie (and our other Social Media channels) until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Best regards,
    Una

________

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement