Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kraftwerk (3d), Bord Gais Energy Theatre, Fri 2nd June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

didn't think it was that great at Longitude, but that was more down to the setting/crowd. would be a lot better at the BGET I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I feel I would have better chance of lotto win than trying to get a ticket for this :(

But I will try and try again.

Only 2,111 capacity at the BGET

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be doing my usual trick of Phone App, Work computer and personal laptop trying at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

I think they're doing the Saturday night as well.
    I saw them in Kilmainham in 2008, well worth going to see.
    Should be even better in this venue.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would love to go to this but tickets are going on sale at a bad time for me. Would be nice if they added a 2nd gig on the Saturday night before going up to Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

DominoDub wrote: »
    I feel I would have better chance of lotto win than trying to get a ticket for this :(

But I will try and try again.

Only 2,111 capacity at the BGET

Tickets are pricey ,€62.50 - €89.50 ,so you should have a good shot at getting a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They were deadly at the Picnic in 2005, one of the gigs of the weekend.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seriously tempted to spend ten mins battering at ticketbastard for this

QZpr171.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

thought they were amazing at Longtitude, but felt the subtletly and artistry was lost on a lot of the hoi polloi- as you'd expect of an irish festival crowd...
    also saw them at EP in 2005- flawless, and back in 2004 at Olympia(2nd best gig i ever attended, and stone cold sober as well!)

will hammer the jaysus outta ticketmaster on friday, and will happily pay the €89 for the ticket if succesfull.
    here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

thought they were amazing at Longtitude, but felt the subtletly and artistry was lost on a lot of the hoi polloi- as you'd expect of an irish festival crowd...
    also saw them at EP in 2005- flawless, and back in 2004 at Olympia(2nd best gig i ever attended, and stone cold sober as well!)

will hammer the jaysus outta ticketmaster on friday, and will happily pay the €89 for the ticket if succesfull.
    here's hoping.

I wouldn't really know their stuff beyond the obvious, but was kinda thinking it'd feel dated and a bit puny - lacking a bit of oomph(pa-pa)..

Similar to how I had inklings of wanting to see Jean Michel Jarre in the point, but have doubts as to how much I'd get into it..

Your review has me heading YouTube direction to investigate further though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

UsedtoWait -clearly I'm biased but if you got to see them , especially indoors you would not be disappointed i promise you that.

they are literally 4 balding blokes standing behind laptops, but the lightshow and general staging of their show is just....breathtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I've seen them 3 times in the last few years. Only the last show was the 3D show (the first two were during the Minimum-Maximum era) and tbh a lot of the visuals were quite "cold" and quite disappointing.

Take Trans Europe Express for example

Old:

vs New:

^ Cheers for that.
    I recognise how innovative they were, and how important they were for the development of electronic music, but I won't bother attempting to get tickets..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I went to see Gary Numan in Liverpool 2 weeks ago.

Former Kraftwerk member Wolfgang Flur was in attendance, and mingled with the crowd at the end of the show.

poundhound wrote: »
    I went to see Gary Numan in Liverpool 2 weeks ago.

Former Kraftwerk member Wolfgang Flur was in attendance, and mingled with the crowd at the end of the show.

How was Numan?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    How was Numan?

Numan was fantastic. The show was part of his retro tour i.e. He only played songs from his first 4 albums, nothing after 1980.
    I've now seen him live 8 times and met him twice.
    He's a gent and coolness personified.

poundhound wrote: »
    Numan was fantastic. The show was part of his retro tour i.e. He only played songs from his first 4 albums, nothing after 1980.
    I've now seen him live 8 times and met him twice.
    He's a gent and coolness personified.

Doesn't he have Asperger's?
    I'd imagine meeting fans would be difficult for him.. how did you find him?

I found him extremely honest and down to earth.
    I met him at a meet and greet before his Cork show last year. I asked what's a pioneer of electronic music doing playing in an opera house during a jazz festival? He signed anything presented to him and posed for photographs.

I also asked was he flying back to the states after the show. It was the last date on the tour and he now resides in L.A? He detailed he was going to see his Mum in the UK as she was battling cancer. He said she had overcome 3 forms of cancer but had now been ravaged by bone cancer. He was visibly down discussing it as he knew the outcome was inevitable. Sadly she succumbed to her illness during the summer.

The cold android persona of the early 80's is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Did everybody get a ticket who wanted one? I had my the app and a browser window open. Usually the app wins but strangely enough, the browser was quicker today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

well that was easy and expensive but easy all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

That ticket selection was bizzare.

First of all got row CC at the very back, tried again and brought up row X, tried again a couple of times and got no seats available and finally got row M. Thrilled!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Got 2 - Went for a circle ticket feeling maybe less demand and thinking that that view maybe better looking down at the guys working away on their midi controllers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Got 4,seemed too easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

DominoDub wrote: »
    Got 2 - Went for a circle ticket feeling maybe less demand and thinking that that view maybe better looking down at the guys working away on their midi controllers :cool:

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Might be a silly question but by stalls do they mean standing or will that area be seated too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Saturday added

Got 2 in Row H in the stalls.
    Bought them and searched again out of curiosity.
    Was offered 2 in Row G in the stalls!
    Didn't buy them, just glad to be going! :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Suas11 wrote: »
    Might be a silly question but by stalls do they mean standing or will that area be seated too?
    All seated venue

• Advertisement

Suas11 wrote: »

Seated.

CPL 593H

Advertisement