Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kraftwerk (3d), Bord Gais Energy Theatre, Fri 2nd June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

kmurph wrote: »
    That ticket selection was bizzare.

First of all got row CC at the very back, tried again and brought up row X, tried again a couple of times and got no seats available and finally got row M. Thrilled!!

That could be because of people failing to make payment and the tickets going back into the pool.

Suas11 wrote: »
    Might be a silly question but by stalls do they mean standing or will that area be seated too?

There's no standing tickets in the BGET for any events.

Second date added.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've seen them before but not the 3d show.
    Does anyone know how the 3d effect looks if you're sitting at an angle to the stage rather than in a central area?
    Do you need to be sitting "front and centre" to get the best visuals?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

furiousox wrote: »
    I've seen them before but not the 3d show.
    Does anyone know how the 3d effect looks if you're sitting at an angle to the stage rather than in a central area?
    Do you need to be sitting "front and centre" to get the best visuals?

straight on is best , saw one of the shows at the tate modern in london but it still works no matter where you'll be

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Saw them at Longitude '13, was front and centre right up at the barrier and it was almost a little too close at times but still really enjoyed the gig, it was hypnotic! Couldn't afford stall tickets so I'm in the upper circle, hope the wffect isn't lost by looking down, excited for it regardless.

I always wondered if they were surfing the net and checking emails up there. ;)
    Not quite, it looks incredibly complex what they're creating.
    Amazing!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

Got 2 tickets in the stalls, Row U.
    I passed on previous opportunities to see them because they were outdoor venues, so really looking forward to this.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Totally forgot to try for tickets. Just went onto TM and it showed tickets available in the stalls for Friday. I was delighted so hit 'Buy Now' and it crashed out and told me there no tickets available. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Totally forgot to try for tickets. Just went onto TM and it showed tickets available in the stalls for Friday. I was delighted so hit 'Buy Now' and it crashed out and told me there no tickets available. Sad.

saturday not there ?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

peteeeed wrote: »
    saturday not there ?

It said none at first but I tried again and it's showing loads. :)

nice one.

I can see Circle and probably Upper Circle tickets are still available for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Both nights seem to be sold out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

The Captcha text should have said "We Actually Are The Robots" instead of "I am not a robot" just for this sale. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I live in London so was hoping (however slight the chance might be) to get tickets for the Royal Albert Hall, had a reminder on my phone set to 9:45 so I could sneak off to a quite place to be at the ready for when they went on sale at 10am, but someone came over to my desk and started chatting and before I knew it, is was 10:04, I still tried though, I tried for tickets in the whole of GB! But they were all sold out. Then I seen some for Dublin, and got some for the Saturday, so it'll be a nice trip home to see them. I've never been to the Bord Gais theatre, but really glad its a nice small venue. Should be an interesting gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Got row A for Saturday, and upper Circle for Friday... Saw them in the Olympia in 2003/2004, the sound was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

This will be my 4th time, going on the Saturday night! Great that they're back in a more intimate venue. Saw Wolfgang Flur in Voodoo earlier on this year, that was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JoannaCz

A silly question I am asking, but... Does anyone have ticket for resale? I missed that selling time, so desperate to get one... Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JoannaCz wrote: »
    A silly question I am asking, but... Does anyone have ticket for resale? I missed that selling time, so desperate to get one... Thank you in advance
    try www.toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Late reply but if looking for tickets I have 2 for sale, Friday at face value. I have a post on Toutless about it as well.

Thanks,
    Patrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone going to this tonight, should be good craic, enjoy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Wolfgang Flur is playing after the gig in Dublin tonight too:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/231270780707500/
    As a former member of Kraftwerk, Wolfgang Flur is a legend from the off, but his vibrant, percussion-heavy solo shows have given him a new reputation entirely.

Catch this special event next Friday 2nd June at Opium Rooms.

Tickets: €10

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Enjoy it whoever was lucky enough to get tickets #jealous

vicwatson wrote: »
    Enjoy it whoever was lucky enough to get tickets #jealous

several being sold on toutless still
    https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26201&start=135

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Just got ticket on ticketmaster this minute for Saturday. Remember hearing about this last year but forgot all about it until I saw this thread while ago.

Just tried for tonight after reading that^^

4th row seats available, pretty decent.

Sec STALLS
    Row E, Seats 16-17
    ?89.50 ea
    Buy

seating-plan-website.jpg

If I try for 1 or 3 tickets I get nothing. I know the concert hall will have limits on the sale of tickets, the concert hall tickets are visible, you pick them. If there are 3 seats together you have to buy 3, it will not allow 2 as they must figure its hard to sell 1 on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 catc3

I have one spare ticket for Saturday night. Seat is in the stalls, row H. Going to the gig myself so can meet at the venue. Paid €95 including booking fee, but will accept €75 ono. May be willing to sell two tickets if you're looking for seats together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Really enjoyed that. Thought the sound wasn't loud enough but enjoyable gig anyway. Brilliant setlist.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Tremendous gig! Enjoyed it much more than the Longitude one. Brought a friend who wouldn't know them too well, her mind was blown. 3D looked absolutely fine up in the stalls. Would've loved to have been able to dance though but not complaining :)

• Advertisement

Well, that was good!!
    If you're going tonight, you're in for a good show.
    Just be aware that the foyer bar stops taking drinks orders at 7.50, the intro projection on the curtains starts at 8.00 and the band are onstage at 8.10.
    No drinks are allowed in the concert hall and there is no photography allowed either, not even with camera phones (strictly enforced)
    There's some nice merch for sale in the foyer but it's all pretty expensive.
    The new 3d (cd) box set is 70 euro, I think it's ?50stg on amazon.
    You're handed the 3d specs as you enter the hall.
    We were in row H, on the RHS near the end.
    The 3d projections are very good overall, sometimes you don't notice anything, other times they are very effective (especially during Home Computer & Spacelab ;))
    They played everything you'd expect to hear, quite a lot from Tour De France but no Pocket Calculator :(
    They broke the show for The Robots and finished off (as usual) with Music Non-Stop.
    I think they increased the volume in the hall after The Robots.
    The sound was good overall, although Ralf's vocal during Home Computer sounded a bit muffled and slightly out of sync from where we were sitting.
    I went to the gents during Autobahn and was able to walk from the downstairs toilets, back through the lobby and into the venue without seeing one member of staff or having to show my ticket to anyone....just sayin'! :)
    The crowd was very good, were well up for it and gave them a great reception which they seemed to appreciate...as much as you could tell. :D
    Enjoy!!

CPL 593H

Advertisement