Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kraftwerk (3d), Bord Gais Energy Theatre, Fri 2nd June 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I enjoyed the gig sitting in row c near centre so had a really good view. The 3D experience is great as furiosox said spacelab probably the best. Opened with computer world and then on to man machine,and showing my bias on the cycling clips from the Tour de France segment - loved the video on the screen and the prolonged opening track of this album track worked really well. Radioactivity also worked well withnore the video screen and updated sites of recent nuclear disasters.

Overall sound was good but yeah Ralfs vocals struggled a little bit sometimes. The vocoder sounded great. Managed to get a few decent pictures of the band, but video recording was strictly enforced - people went nuts during robots and security were batting people's phones down.

Overall enjoyed it first time seeing them but for whatever reason didn't manage to see them previously. Probably the best venue for this type of show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

going to this tonight....great to hear that they were excellent last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

retalivity wrote: »
    going to this tonight....great to hear that they were excellent last night!

You won't be disappointed it was an excellent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Brilliant show, unfortunately I was in the row with the highest number of weak bladders ever assembled in one place which spoiled the continuity at times. Could have been louder but I'm just quibbling really. Sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I enjoyed the gig sitting in row c near centre so had a really good view. The 3D experience is great as furiosox said spacelab probably the best. Opened with computer world and then on to man machine,and showing my bias on the cycling clips from the Tour de France segment - loved the video on the screen and the prolonged opening track of this album track worked really well. Radioactivity also worked well withnore the video screen and updated sites of recent nuclear disasters.

Overall sound was good but yeah Ralfs vocals struggled a little bit sometimes. The vocoder sounded great. Managed to get a few decent pictures of the band, but video recording was strictly enforced - people went nuts during robots and security were batting people's phones down.

Overall enjoyed it first time seeing them but for whatever reason didn't manage to see them previously. Probably the best venue for this type of show.

Security were doing their best but there were so many dickheads with phones out recording songs which meant that security had to try flashing torches at them. This had the knock on effect of distracting people surrounding them from the show. Seriously, they're pretty specific about not taking phones/recording the show so why act the dick and ignore this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Spotted in the foyer last night, think they were sitting in the front row too. :D

CPL 593H

Wtf was up with the sound there tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

retalivity wrote: »
    Wtf was up with the sound there tonight??

What was the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

furiousox wrote: »
    Spotted in the foyer last night, think they were sitting in the front row too. :D

??

UsedToWait wrote: »
    What was the issue?

Kept missing beats, as if a cd was skipping. Wasnt constant or regualr, but happened about 5-6 times in aerodynamik alone.

Volume was all over the place as well...at one point there only seemed to be sound from one side of the stage for about 20 secs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

??

I'm assuming he's talking about the two guys who dressed up as Kraftwerk with the red shirts and black ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Thoroughly enjoyed that show last night! Sound a bit patchy and a few dud beats but what an experience. Felt a bit weird not standing but feck it.

A good few empty seats around me in the stalls even though the show was sold out. O/H was waiting outside for me and said a couple rocked up at 9.15pm expecting it to be only kicking off..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Any more reviews of last night from anyone?

Bar the earlier complaints about the sound, i did enjoy it. They are absolute legends, and to see them (well, Ralf) in the flesh is one to tick of the list. The 3d was cool, but did kind of give me a headache towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Managed to get a cheap ticket on DoneDeal the day of the gig after seeing all the reviews on here, was unbelievable show, saw pictures etc but thought was amazing as I'd never seen a 3D show like that before!! Would definitely see them again

Advertisement