Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heat Kerosene Prices

• 26-09-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭

It is that time again when home heat oil needs to be replenished.

Anyone bought lately?

What price range are people paying this year?

I don't have it to hand but I think a price of 52c per litre is what Texoil is offering for 500 Ltr delivery. (~€260 for 500 litres)

I have never used these people - have you dealt with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Got 800ltrs from corrib oil yesterday for 464 euro. 51 cent per ltr plus VAT. Not too bad i suppose. I heard today that burrenside are 50 cent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

€260 is very good price for 500l - generally the price is 275-285 at present.

Texoil is Texaco brand, but at the end of the day its all the same no matter what brand it is. Refineries refine to a set formula and sell it on open market to all distributors.

Prices have been very steady over the past year, so I can't see much of a drop or rise in the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Got 800ltrs from corrib oil yesterday for 464 euro. 51 cent per ltr plus VAT. Not too bad i suppose. I heard today that burrenside are 50 cent....

Got 1000 litres from burrenside for 55 cent all-in 26/09/16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Haven't bought oil this year but I know from experience it can be well worth while ringing all the local oil companies for a quote. Make sure they know you are ringing around and often the price will drop by a little!

Also, if possible, see if neighbours or family are also looking. You can get a discount for multiple deliveries. (ie, if you are buying 3000 litres say between 4 houses).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I went with Michael O' Reilly Oil Ltd - 065-6821487 - 500 Litres for €310.

• Advertisement
Advertisement