Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card protection

Options
  • 26-09-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I cancelled my credit card protection and claimed a refund on my payments back in 2015. I just checked and I am still being charged on my credit card very single month. How do I cancel this and claim back the extra money that was charged as it was supposed to be cancelled a long time ago?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Redo22 wrote: »
    Hi,

I cancelled my credit card protection and claimed a refund on my payments back in 2015. I just checked and I am still being charged on my credit card very single month. How do I cancel this and claim back the extra money that was charged as it was supposed to be cancelled a long time ago?

Thanks
    Hi Redo22,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Card protection is provided by a 3rd party company and it will be necessary that you contact them directly to cancel your card protection. Please see here for contact details.

If you have any further queries please let us know.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

Hi Tara,

Thanks for replying. I cancelled the card protection in writing with bank of Ireland when claiming back for Mis sold card protection some time in early 2015. In fact I was warned when I was making the claim that my card protection would be cancelled immediately and I wouldn't be protected. I was never told anything about having to contact the cpp company myself. Can I get the money I have been charged back?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Redo22 wrote: »
    Hi Tara,

Thanks for replying. I cancelled the card protection in writing with bank of Ireland when claiming back for Mis sold card protection some time in early 2015. In fact I was warned when I was making the claim that my card protection would be cancelled immediately and I wouldn't be protected. I was never told anything about having to contact the cpp company myself. Can I get the money I have been charged back?
    Thanks

Hi Charlotte,

If you call the card protection company Homecare Insurance ltd. directly they can check if you are eligible to 
    get a refund of previous payments.

You can contact them directly on 1800 646 518.

Thank you,

Tara C

Advertisement