Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Mini 2 Refurb Crashing and not Charging

Options
  • 26-09-2016 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some advice before I contact Apple.

I bought a refurbished iPad Mini 2 from Apple UK via Parcel Motel nearly 2 years ago. It worked fine for the first year, then the home button started to stick a bit but it wasn't a big problem. In the last month it has started crashing sporadically and getting stuck in boot loops after crashing. On top of that more often than not it won't charge when plugged in, the charger itself is fine as it works with another iPad and iPhone. I have tried restoring the iPad and updated it to iOS 10 but no change.

As I bought it from Apple UK I'm assuming it's UK consumer law that’s in effect? Do you think that they would replace it? I'm asking as the last time I was on to Apple support I had to bring up the Irish 6 year warranty myself.

Advertisement