Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get old statements?

Options
  • 26-09-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, I am a Irish citizen, born in Dublin in 1959. I have been living in Switzerland since 1981. I had a Bank of Ireland account until 2007 or 2008.  I have lost all the paperwork pertaining to that account.  
    I now require for the Swiss tax authorities, my Bank of Ireland bank statements from january 2007 to the date of closure of my account. Regrettably, I do not remember which was my branch, most likely Sutton cross, Baggot street or Mespil Road.  Can you please advise me?

If is no longer possible to get a copy of the statements, is it possible to get an attestation from the Bank to that effect?

Many thanks in advance
    Charlotte

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hello, I am a Irish citizen, born in Dublin in 1959. I have been living in Switzerland since 1981. I had a Bank of Ireland account until 2007 or 2008.  I have lost all the paperwork pertaining to that account.  
    I now require for the Swiss tax authorities, my Bank of Ireland bank statements from january 2007 to the date of closure of my account. Regrettably, I do not remember which was my branch, most likely Sutton cross, Baggot street or Mespil Road.  Can you please advise me?

If is no longer possible to get a copy of the statements, is it possible to get an attestation from the Bank to that effect?

Many thanks in advance
    Charlotte
    Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Regrettably we only keep customer documents for 7 years, therefore if you closed your account in 2008 we would have no account documents for yourself on file.

If you have any other queries please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chachajohnson

Many thanks in advance
    Charlotte
    Hi Charlotte,

Regrettably we only keep customer documents for 7 years, therefore if you closed your account in 2008 we would have no account documents for yourself on file.

If you have any other queries please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Thank you for your prompt reply Tara,

Do you know if it is possible to obtain a signed confirmation of the above on Bank of Ireland letter head? 
    I don't think the tax authorities will accept information printed off from a forum...

Charlotte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Many thanks in advance
    Charlotte
    Hi Charlotte,

Thanks,

Tara C
    Thank you for your prompt reply Tara,

Do you know if it is possible to obtain a signed confirmation of the above on Bank of Ireland letter head? 
    I don't think the tax authorities will accept information printed off from a forum...

Charlotte
    Hi Charlotte,

We wouldn’t issue letters to state above.

However you can go to the Central bank website that will give information that all banks are only legally obliged to hold documents for 6 years after account closed perhaps you can print details from there.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chachajohnson

Dear Tara,

I quite understand. Thank you.

That said, IF a lawyer requests statements from further back than 6 or 7 years might it be possible to obtain them for a fee?

Thank you for your patience.

Charlotte Johnson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Dear Tara,

I quite understand. Thank you.

That said, IF a lawyer requests statements from further back than 6 or 7 years might it be possible to obtain them for a fee?

Thank you for your patience.

Charlotte Johnson
    Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here today.

As your query is very much account specific, we would recommend calling BOI365 on 0818 365 365 or from abroad 00353 140 44000. A colleague will check the options available to you.

Our colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8am-12 midnight, Weekends & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement