Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 Plus issue

Options
  • 26-09-2016 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've had my iPhone 6 Plus since March of last year but recently it's been giving me problems. I only have the 12gb model and for the last few months I've had to delete apps due to a lack of space. Recently however when I delete apps the memory isn't freeing up. My used memory has been stuck on 11.3gb for a few weeks now even though I've been deleting apps. The free space has been stuck at 0mb too. This is extremely frustrating as I can't even use my camera anymore. Previously if I deleted a few photos that would free up the space needed but now after deleting several photos and apps it's still saying I don't have enough space to even take one photo.

As well as this snaps on snapchat aren't loading and I can no longer receive messages on whatsapp. Also certain apps (in particular Facebook and messenger) will only open for a few seconds for me before closing automatically. I will be going into the Carphone Warehouse to see if they can help but I won't get a chance to do that until next week as I have an exam on Tuesday. I just said I post this here in case anyone can help me in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for any help. It's much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Start with a factory reset anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

davo2001 wrote: »
    Start with a factory reset anyways.

I was thinking that was the way to go alright. A bit of a nuisance but hopefully it does the trick. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

make sure when you delete photos and video that you also empty the "recently deleted" folder in your photos, otherwise the pics and vids you deleted will sit in there for at least 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

a little trick for you

Go to itunes movies. Pick any HD film and click on rent HD

It'll tell you that you don't have enough space. Click OK. It'll then start cleansing process on the phone. Will free up a GB or 2 for you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dodge wrote: »
    a little trick for you

It'll tell you that you don't have enough space. Click OK. It'll then start cleansing process on the phone. Will free up a GB or 2 for you

This seemly doesn't work anymore. If you have no space, it will stream it for you and you are charged for the rental straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

a little trick for you

Someone said recently that it doesn't work any more, as it starts to stream it, and you're charged for it, AFAIR? Might be in the iOS 10 thread.

I found it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619272&page=6

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

thanks for that!

I've no card alligned with the account but it had been a handy trick for a while

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

thanks for that!

I've no card alligned with the account but it had been a handy trick for a while

ive never tried it tbh.
    I may delete my card info and try it for fun.

I upgraded from 10.0.1 to 10.0.2 and I got back 40mb!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

thanks for that!

I do! :( So far the money hasn't come out at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I had a similar issue with my phone I didn't bother with a factory reset as it kind of refreshes itself if i've to take the battery out to cool down the phone if its crashing don't want to completely wipe out stuff.
    Make sure you back up on iCloud or another memory card photos and files you need. Store contacts on the sim.

I noticed there were photos I deleted gone into another folder on the phone so deleted them. Downloaded photos from apps can take up space as well. I recommend uninstalling apps you don't really use. I have a 16gb phone as well and need space to update the basic messaging apps. I uninstalled facebook, messenger, skype and instagram. My Facebook app wasn't working great kept crashing on me as well as other apps. Snapchat isn't compatible with my phone so can only update it up to a certain point. Freeing up space can make a difference!

The updates alone make you want to go for a phone with more memory when you go for an upgrade even if its just calls, texts and the odd apps you use!

• Advertisement
Advertisement