Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For A Group Or Club Around Celbridge

Options
  • 26-09-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I've just moved to Celbridge and I'm looking for a group or club that get out a few times a week for leisure spins 30 to 60 km.
    I've looked at lucan cycling club and dont think the one spin a week would suit me.
    I've been out with Celbridge Cycling Club once and totally enjoyed it but timing has been a problem since and I havnt been able to get out with them since so if anyone can recommend a group or club I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

I've just moved to Celbridge and I'm looking for a group or club that get out a few times a week for leisure spins 30 to 60 km.
    I've looked at lucan cycling club and dont think the one spin a week would suit me.
    I've been out with Celbridge Cycling Club once and totally enjoyed it but timing has been a problem since and I havnt been able to get out with them since so if anyone can recommend a group or club I'd appreciate it.

Clondalkin Cycling Club isn't too far away. Sunday spins often pass through or around cell bridge. Also week night spins meeting at 7pm Clondalkin village at SDCC offices - these are on Tuesday and Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

Thanks. I'll have a google

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭boardbeer

There's quite a few groups ride out from BikeWorx (Credawn roundabout) at various times

Any more info? or who or where would i ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Maynooth Cycling Club, they do spins on a Sunday Morning & on a Wednesday evening.

info@maynoothcycles.ie. Tel 01 – 629 1205 ask for Mark.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭boardbeer

Any more info? or who or where would i ask?
    I'd just drop into the shop and ask Noel or Ciaran, or Ciaran.

Thanks. I'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Lucan also do spins. Stages in Lucan if you want to speak to someone or check out Facebook face and group for details.

Thanks folks. I'll do the rounds and see what suits me best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

Lucan cycle every Thursday morning and will be cycling Sunday as well as the usual Saturday now that the winter training will be starting soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Star hurl wrote:
    Lucan cycle every Thursday morning and will be cycling Sunday as well as the usual Saturday now that the winter training will be starting soon .

Torture Thursday really isn't for the leisure cyclist though!!!!!

Torture Thursday!! Whats the story there??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

Sorry didn't read the first post yea Thursday might be a little bit advanced alright . Lots of racers

No worries. I dropped into Bike Worx today so hopefully hear something back from them.

Haven't heard from Bike Worx so I'm gonna go with Maynooth Cycling Club and hopefully get out for the odd spin with Kinnegad and Celbridge Cycling Clubs.
    Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Blanch wheelies doing a leisurely 60k this Sunday Alex. Leaving from the Strawberry Hall Pub, Strawberry Beds at 9.00.

Beginners welcome. Not too far from celbridge..

Thanks but I've Cycling Ireland thing on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Homer1798

Your spoilt for choice, Lucan CRC are the most established and cater for all levels fro beginners to national champions, they have a 60k beginners group on Saturdays that's mentored by more experienced riders ( plus coffee stop) :) and then various groups based on what level you want to ride at . There are also clubs in Maynooth, Clane, Naas and Donadea which are less race focused and more leisure based, Mark Downes in Maynooth Cycles is the contact for Maynooth CC, Bikeworx is race team based so might be more competitive than you want, Clondalkin CC have a great cross of leisure and racing as well. I would suggest going for a spin with each group and then deciding.

Thanks. It's looking like Maynooth tbh. I havent checked out donadea yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Usher also...from a Facebook post:

***NEW MEMBERS WELCOME (male & female) & JUNIORS******
    Well it’s that time of the year again, where we commence our Winter training program here at the Irish Road Club, we meet every Sunday morning at 10am at the Gondola pub in Newcastle ( free car parking ) close to Tallaght, Rathcoole & Celbridge. The spins are at a steady controlled pace, keeping the group together at all times in a safe manner, on quiet rural roads, away from busy traffic, where possible. NOBODY gets left behind, regrouping at the top of hills etc.. The club is going over 125 years & has vast racing experience. Coaching will be in the group, on the bike and we have high quality club gear & clothing available at discounted prices for new & existing members. There are also stage team races, a twenty race inter club Summer league & club training weekends away, all subsidised for the Usher Irish Road Club members.
    Its try before buy, so join us for a few spins firstly to see if this is the club for you before you commit to anything .
    Mick Usher is our main club sponsor (Usher energy saving solutions )
    Hollingsworth bike shop in 1 Drummartin rd, Kilmacud Stillorgan is our co- sponsor ( 01-2960 225)
    New members contact Sean Bracken @ 085 1740 563/ sbracken@eircom.net
    Or alternatively contact us via face book

Seen that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

ILIKEFOOD beat me too it. Close enough to, you'd be warmed up by the time you got there :)

I thought they were called "Usher" CC or something. You live and learn!

https://www.facebook.com/IrishRoadClub/

Advertisement