Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrickmount Drive Rathfarnham

Options
  • 26-09-2016 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Looking for some advice/views on an area.

On the search for a family home (to fit myself, my wife and our 19 month old...and any new additions in the future :-) ) in the southside. Because of our jobs the southside is very convenient, but the prices for most of the places are very high for our budget.

We've seen a few in the Holylands area around Carrickmount Drive and some of the houses round there seem really decently priced.

Is there anything that we should know about the area? I've heard it had a bad reputation for a while but people have said it has changed quite a lot over the years.

We are quite new to Dublin but have been living up near Grange Road in Rathfarnham to test the general area out and it seems great (apart from lacking a good pub!).

Any views would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

acdcbc wrote: »
    Looking for some advice/views on an area.

On the search for a family home (to fit myself, my wife and our 19 month old...and any new additions in the future :-) ) in the southside. Because of our jobs the southside is very convenient, but the prices for most of the places are very high for our budget.

We've seen a few in the Holylands area around Carrickmount Drive and some of the houses round there seem really decently priced.

Is there anything that we should know about the area? I've heard it had a bad reputation for a while but people have said it has changed quite a lot over the years.

We are quite new to Dublin but have been living up near Grange Road in Rathfarnham to test the general area out and it seems great (apart from lacking a good pub!).

Any views would be greatly appreciated

This might get more traffic if posted in the property forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Where about in the grange road ? The Eden is a good local, and if you are further down then the yellow house is another good local

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

It's a great spot. I'm from up the road, Marley park end but have family from nutgrove ave. you're correct in what you say it had a bad rep, kind of an "oasis" surrounded by a good area but that's changed. You're about a 10min walk to the dundrum Luas stop, dundrum tc and still close to all of the amenities you'd be used to with living on the grange road. There's a SuperValu in Churchtown and obviously nutgrove shopping centre. Churchtown is definitely imo a really attractive spot, while Carrickmount might technically be classed as rathfarnham it's as much Churchtown imo.

The old bottle tower pub is currently being refurbished and should be opening shortly, I'd be hopeful it'd be a fairly good local! McGowans used to be the spot we all went to in our early twenties but unfortunately it shut down a few years ago so hopefully this one will take over the reigns!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 acdcbc

Thanks GavMan. Have posted it there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 acdcbc

Thanks for the comments. Really appreciated.

Went for a couple of visits during the day and seems like a grand area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement