Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Games with Gold Issue

Options
  • 26-09-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I have a strange issue trying to download Games with Gold on my Xbox One console. Although I've an active Gold subscription if I go to the Games with Gold section on the console and try and download a free game it sends me to another screen looking to extend my gold subscription before I can download the game even though at the top of this screen it shows my active subscription.

If I go to xbox.com and log in it will let me download the games with no problem. It just won't work directly on the console.

Has anyone ever seen this before and if so how to you fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Take a look at your region settings? Sometimes your Xbox can be set to a different region to your Microsoft account, which has been known to cause a few issues. Not sure if it's responsible in this case, but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

Thanks for the reply but I don't think that this is the issue as I reset the console yesterday to try and fix it and had to re-enter all of the region settings. But I'll double check again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Are you using a 2 week or 1 month card or code for gold subscription? you don't get the free games with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Are you using a 2 week or 1 month card or code for gold subscription? you don't get the free games with them.

He said it works on the site, so that can't be it.

Thanks all for help. It's not the region settings as I've just checked and I've Gold until November 2017 only renewed last week with a prepaid card.

It's actually even stranger as it won't let the other accounts on the console share the gold membership either. It's like my account on the console doesn't have gold but when I check under settings and subscriptions on the console it's correct. I reset the console yesterday and that didn't help.

Any other suggestions welcome

• Advertisement

Thanks all for help. It's not the region settings as I've just checked and I've Gold until November 2017 only renewed last week with a prepaid card.

It's actually even stranger as it won't let the other accounts on the console share the gold membership either. It's like my account on the console doesn't have gold but when I check under settings and subscriptions on the console it's correct. I reset the console yesterday and that didn't help.

Any other suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

You are not alone! My son had exactly the same issue today trying to download Assassins Creed China. I thought first it might be because his Live Gold was expiring in November so I extended it until February. The issue remained so I went on my laptop, logged into his Xbox account and there were no issues downloading the game that way.

Glad it's not just me. Very strange I only updated Gold last week as well. Perhaps it's an issue at Microsoft's end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Lockster wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me. Very strange I only updated Gold last week as well. Perhaps it's an issue at Microsoft's end

Remove your profile from the Xbox. Hold the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds. Turn console back on and download profile again.

Should do the trick.

Thanks just tried that and it still didn't work

• Advertisement

Thanks just tried that and it still didn't work

Ring cst support. They may have to cancel your sub and issue a code for time owed. (used to work for Xbox support this is the next step)

They will get it working in the end!

Ring cst support. They may have to cancel your sub and issue a code for time owed. (used to work for Xbox support this is the next step)

They will get it working in the end!

Hi jamesbondings I've done this. Called customer support they talked me through a lot of things and eventually did what you said they would do above. I got the new code redeemed it on the console and it's still not working. I've replied to customer support's email. It's really annoying as other accounts on the console can't share my gold membership.

Any other ideas?

Hi jamesbondings I've done this. Called customer support they talked me through a lot of things and eventually did what you said they would do above. I got the new code redeemed it on the console and it's still not working. I've replied to customer support's email. It's really annoying as other accounts on the console can't share my gold membership.

Any other ideas?

No man.

One other thing I would make sure. Go to accounts. Microsoft. Com make sure you have 2 security proofs. Make sure 2 step verification is OFF and make sure your billing is all correct. Also verify your region is correct.

If all this is in order try it on another console. (I would first stop your console being home console if you have enough attempts keft)

If that doesn't work Xbox may have to transfer your sub to a new account (don't worry they will move all your details so it is only the account that's new but still has you gt gscore save files etc)

Advertisement