Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gyms in Sandyford

• 26-09-2016 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey Guys,

I just moved to Dublin and started a job near the Beacon in Sandyford and I was looking to join a gym in the area I tried Raw and it was ok my other two options are Southside Gym or Ben Dunne?. Or anything else I wouldn't know about.

I trained in the gym UL in Limerick and a little in Patrickswell if that helps guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Crossfit Sandyford, there's a couple of other crossfit places up there too i think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

What are you looking for outta your gym?

Somewhere you can go use machines on your own, or somewhere you'll be shown what to do every session without having to pay personal training prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 picklesndip

I primarily train with a focus on strength and love doing conditioning (boxing especially)

I am not very picky - clean toilets and a tidy gym floor. My biggest issue is rude members with a focus on their instagram more than training. I wouldnt need help at all just want a good training floor and solid atmosphere.

Appreciate your interest.

Only saw the crossfit post now thanks for that i'll check them out but honestly would prefer a commercial gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've used Ben Dunne's and Southside. It's been a few years but BD's is packed all the time, aside from very specific times like 8:30-10:30am on weekdays. Southside is where I currently train and although I've never been in Raw, I would imagine they are very similar in terms of equipment and being busy at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 IAC

Hi,
    I would suggest joining Westwood gym. It's just up by the racecourse and has everything you would need in a gym and more
    IAC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭hunkymonkey

This might suit, it's part of Angels boxing club.
    http://www.uniquefitness.ie
    I'm not a member but have heard good things about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I primarily train with a focus on strength and love doing conditioning (boxing especially)

I am not very picky - clean toilets and a tidy gym floor. My biggest issue is rude members with a focus on their instagram more than training. I wouldnt need help at all just want a good training floor and solid atmosphere.

Only saw the crossfit post now thanks for that i'll check them out but honestly would prefer a commercial gym.

Raw / Southside / Westwood

I think in the first 2 you can do a monthly payment, so at least if you hate them you haven't signed up full time.

BHAF is worth a look too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

IAC wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would suggest joining Westwood gym. It's just up by the racecourse and has everything you would need in a gym and more
    IAC
    and 3 times the price than the other options, extremely over priced IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

there are 4 crossfit gyms in sandyford and none will allow you to drop in and do your own thing so that rules all them out.
    Raw is grand once you ignore all the selfie queens (thats the lads mind) and i drop in there once a week typically for a change, second south side and BHAF but youre going to find rude people everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 picklesndip

Thanks for the feedback peeps much appreciated found a gym so happy out

• Advertisement
Advertisement