Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Lidl silvercrest wifi repeater , cannot set it up

Options
  • 26-09-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Have just purchased one of the wifi repeaters in Lidl.

http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-C31923F9-57C8E296/lsp/hs.xsl/product.html?id=43298943&title=WLAN+Repeater&count=1

I want to connect it to my existing router via Ethernet, as I have a cable upstairs already.

I then want to repeat the wifi upstairs, whilst also plug my desktop computer into it, as it has an Ethernet lan too.

I have plugged it and the wifi appears on my ipad, other laptop
    The connection also appears on my desktop comp[uter and all works.

so i try and log into it via
    [url]Http://repeater.setup[/url] but it cannot find the page.

All the computers /laptops can see the wifi repeater now but it has no password on it. I want to add a password on it, but cant log in the repeater for some reason.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

You'll need to put a static ip on your network card in the same subnet as this access point, I'm sure it's mentioned in the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

How are you getting on with this device?
    I bought one too and am using it in WiFi repeater mode. I've found that my WiFi speeds and availability has deteriorated since I started using it.

To give some background, I live in rural north Cork. I have broadband with Vodafone, the speed is about 3-3.5 megs. It's pretty much consistently in this range, though on Friday and Saturday nights it does tend to have a marked decrease in speed. On average I'd say there is no service maybe once a week, but for a short period of no more than two hours. This can happen at any time.

I also have a Vodafone Sure Signal 3G booster, as there is very patchy phone reception.

However, since I plugged in the Lidl gadget I've noticed a decrease in broadband. The speed is regularly down to 1.4 megs. The service interruptions are frequent, maybe twice a day.

I've unplugged it again and am reviewing the situation. Maybe my recent broadband issues are external and it's coincidental that they've occurred since I plugged in the gadget. Or, maybe, this is one of those Lidl devices that falls into the "95% of Lidl is sh!te" category.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK wifi repeaters will halve (1/2) the speed of devices connected to the repeater.

Check your speed via a wired connection ie connect your PC / laptop to the router with a network cable.

Advertisement