Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline and wifi

Options
  • 26-09-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a powerline setup given me by phonewatch - it's a netgear, homeplug adapter.

Would I be able to add on wifi modules for that or would I have to purchase a whole new set up if I want to have wifi?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your current unit will be AV200, 500, AV1000 etc, any homeplug with the same standard should match. Its usually good to stay within one brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭deravarra

Is it possible to get the additional wifi units on their own? I've looked and cant seem to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

You need a homeplug wifi access point, something like

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-PLW1000-100UKS-Powerline-Ethernet-Homeplug/dp/B01B4X4W6O

Yes, hard to find a separate unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

deravarra wrote: »
    Is it possible to get the additional wifi units on their own? I've looked and cant seem to find them

Yeah, but they're usually the same price as a new pair. Silly, but thats my experience of them.

Advertisement