Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate for partition wall

Options
  • 26-09-2016 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

What sort of prices would I be looking at to have a partition wall, 3.5metres wide, don't have the height at hand but your standard ceiling height for a house, installed to split one long room into two? No door or electrical points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Description Qty Unit Rate Total
    INTERNAL WALLS
    100mm thick stud partition, 12.5mm thick gyproc plasterboard both sides; 3mm skim
    3500mm long x 2400mm high 3.5 m €115.00 €402.50
    Extraover:
    Abutments to other finishes 4 nr €15.00 €60.00

BOARDING & SECOND FIXINGS
    Skirting
    White Deal timber skirting; quality of wood and fixing to BS 1186-3; moisture content at time of fixing; fixed to wall with hidden fixings;
    ^^^125 x 19mm 7 m €6.00 €42.00

PAINTING & DECORATING
    PAINTING
    Walls
    Prepare surfaces and apply Dulux Easycare washable matt paint finish; comprising of 1no. coat of Anti-suction Alkali resistant primer & 2no. coats of Dulux Easycare washable matt paint or equal and approved;
    ^^^> 300mm wide; Plasterboard base 17 m2 €5.50 €93.50

Second Fixings
    Prepare surface; treat with knotting solution, fill and sand down as necessary and apply 1no. Dulux undercoat and 2no. finishing coats of Dulux high gloss wood paint or equal and approved;
    ^^^Skirtings; 125 x 19mm 7 m €6.00 €42.00

Subtotal €640.00
    Prelims €70.00
    Total Ex VAT €710.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's great Tefral, thanks for that comprehensive break down. Noted for when the time comes to get it done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Presume that excludes labour and profit for the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

kceire wrote: »
    Presume that excludes labour and profit for the company?

Nope all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jk10083

I'm considering something similar to split a living room, the partition would be an L shape.

Wall 1 = 248cm (height) x 277cm
    Wall 2 = 248cm (height) x (121.5cm+10cm)

Wall 2 would have to include a door. No electrical

1) I plan on getting a new wooden floor this year, would this normally be done before or after the partition? I presume remove the carpet, get partition done and then get a new wooden floor?

2) Any recommendations for somebody to give a quote and do a job like this (Dublin) (you can send me a PM)?
    Tefral wrote: »
    Description Qty Unit Rate Total
    INTERNAL WALLS
    100mm thick stud partition, 12.5mm thick gyproc plasterboard both sides; 3mm
    3500mm long x 2400mm high 3.5 m €115.00 €402.50
    Extraover:
    Abutments to other finishes 4 nr €15.00 €60.00

BOARDING & SECOND FIXINGS
    Skirting
    White Deal timber skirting; quality of wood and fixing to BS 1186-3; moisture content at time of fixing; fixed to wall with hidden fixings;
    ^^^125 x 19mm 7 m €6.00 €42.00

PAINTING & DECORATING
    PAINTING
    Walls
    Prepare surfaces and apply Dulux Easycare washable matt paint finish; comprising of 1no. coat of Anti-suction Alkali resistant primer & 2no. coats of Dulux Easycare washable matt paint or equal and approved;
    ^^^> 300mm wide; Plasterboard base 17 m2 €5.50 €93.50

Second Fixings
    Prepare surface; treat with knotting solution, fill and sand down as necessary and apply 1no. Dulux undercoat and 2no. finishing coats of Dulux high gloss wood paint or equal and approved;
    ^^^Skirtings; 125 x 19mm 7 m €6.00 €42.00

Subtotal €640.00
    Prelims €70.00
    Total Ex VAT €710.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

jk10083 wrote: »
    I'm considering something similar to split a living room, the partition would be an L shape.

Wall 1 = 248cm (height) x 277cm
    Wall 2 = 248cm (height) x (121.5cm+10cm)

Wall 2 would have to include a door. No electrical

1) I plan on getting a new wooden floor this year, would this normally be done before or after the partition? I presume remove the carpet, get partition done and then get a new wooden floor?

2) Any recommendations for somebody to give a quote and do a job like this (Dublin) (you can send me a PM)?

Remove carpet first. Build the wall and finish it. Floor into the wall and then skirting after.
    I did a similar wall earlier last year for my wife's friend. It's an incredibly simple job. It took me about 5 hours in total and she paid me in beer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scolarda

Have seen this very informative thread and hoping I can also get a quote to split a studio apartment with a partition wall and a door?

It's a bit of an odd request - 3 parts to it - in order to go around a fireplace that can't be moved and around the main door also. The ceilings are around 2.7m high I think.
    The first section would be around 3m wide. The second section (at a right angle to the first) would be around 1.7m wide and this is the part that would need the door. Then the third section (at a right angle to the second) would be around 1.1m wide.

Also generally how long does it take to do these, can it be done in a day? Trying to suss this all out to see if it's doable!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

scolarda wrote: »
    Have seen this very informative thread and hoping I can also get a quote to split a studio apartment with a partition wall and a door?

It's a bit of an odd request - 3 parts to it - in order to go around a fireplace that can't be moved and around the main door also. The ceilings are around 2.7m high I think.
    The first section would be around 3m wide. The second section (at a right angle to the first) would be around 1.7m wide and this is the part that would need the door. Then the third section (at a right angle to the second) would be around 1.1m wide.

Also generally how long does it take to do these, can it be done in a day? Trying to suss this all out to see if it's doable!

Contact management company and get fire certified drawings, then contact local eng or arch and ask them to review FIre cert in the context of fire safety.

Advertisement