Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New or old Zonda's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

If staying with 23mm tyres go the old version but if you are planning to go 25mm or 28mm go the new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

jamesd wrote: »
    If staying with 23mm tyres go the old version but if you are planning to go 25mm or 28mm go the new version.

id say the old version is nearly out of stock in most places now and it isn't been made anymore? great wheelset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

25s are fine on the old version too. 28s would definitely be pushing the limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

Using new ones and old ones with 25's Contis. Couldnt tell the difference beside far less clearance on fork. I think Zondas are the victims of wider rims war. Personally my DA C24 are my favourite in terms of comfort to response ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jon1981 wrote: »
    25s are fine on the old version too. 28s would definitely be pushing the limits.
    I have 28'mm GP4 Seasons on Zondas on one of my bikes. They fit perfectly and I've had no problems with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Thanks lads. I think ill wait and just get the older version since ill more than likely be running 25's on them anyway and their is only 10 grams in weight difference. Not really worth the extra 60 euro IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Thanks lads. I think ill wait and just get the older version since ill more than likely be running 25's on them anyway and their is only 10 grams in weight difference. Not really worth the extra 60 euro IMO.

If your waiting on SCR to get them back in stock then I'm afraid your out of luck. They haven't had them in stock in over a year and probably not likely to either.

Its a bit ridiculous that they still have them advertised at the cheapest price around but are clearly not able to get them and so therefore never have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

If your waiting on SCR to get them back in stock then I'm afraid your out of luck. They haven't had them in stock in over a year and probably not likely to either.

Its a bit ridiculous that they still have them advertised at the cheapest price around but are clearly not able to get them and so therefore never have them in stock.

I gave them a call and the guy said October as the Campagnolo factory is only opening back up after it closes for a whole month each year, so ill wait a few weeks and see how they get on. If not, ill order from Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I gave them a call and the guy said October as the Campagnolo factory is only opening back up after it closes for a whole month each year, so ill wait a few weeks and see how they get on. If not, ill order from Germany

Maybe but they haven't had them in stock for the last year or so...

Advertisement