Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacts for Heat ducts in HRV

Options
  • 26-09-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

We are building a passive house with very low heat demand and to save money want to use heating ducts as opposed to underfloor heating. I am looking for advice from people who have done this before and ideally contact of professionals who can install. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

When I looked at it I think Beam Ventilation were the best experienced in this....

I couldn't get the figures to stack up though v UFH

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bigdara

Thanks miller. Our heat load is only 2.5 k watts for worst case senario via PHPP software so currently looking at a Nilan Compact P which will give 1.1 kw and use electric heaters for when they are occasionally needed.
    When you mean you couldn't get the figures to stack up did you mean you could create enough heat, as financially it would be a lot cheaper to set up with heat ducts and I don't believe more expensive to run if heat is provided via a heat pump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

More so on the costings v each system.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

It costs very little to put underfloor heating pipes into the floor but once they're poured it's a done deal and they can't be retrofitted.
    If I were you I'd put them in and install a simple inline electrical heater to heat the circuit, should cost very little and be 100% reliable. Gives you far more flexibility down the road to use other sources of energy.
    Added to that underfloor is going to be a lot more comfortable than a forced air system.

Advertisement