Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Repair Query

Options
  • 26-09-2016 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Well today I smashed my iPhone 6, this is just the latest in long lineof issues. The lightening and headphone jack don't work right and the speaker is incredibly distorted. One repair shop quoted 150€ to get everything fixed again. I this a good deal or am i being ripped off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

According to Apple's website, repair cost for the iphone 6 is €331.30, so its still considerably less than that.

But worth bearing in mind that un-authorised repairs means your warranty (if it still applies) is deemed void by Apple....should you have any other issues with the phone in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Zeek12 wrote: »
    According to Apple's website, repair cost for the iphone 6 is €331.30, so its still considerably less than that.

But worth bearing in mind that un-authorised repairs means your warranty (if it still applies) is deemed void by Apple....should you have any other issues with the phone in future.

Bought it second hand with no warranty, so I'll just go for it, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The smaller parts (headphone jack, lightning connector, speaker are probably 5 - 10 euro (at most) each, the screen is approx 40 now. So you are looking at 80 - 90 for labour. Those parts are not hard to change yourself.

I would try haggle a little on the price if you do go for it!

Advertisement