Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and phone - Price after 3 Months

Options
  • 26-09-2016 5:31pm

A family member recently signed a contract for eir broadband and phone. They were quoted 25E a month for the first three months. Then the rates rise to 72E for the remainder of the 18 month period BUT the salesperson is supposed to have said that in reality the monthly rate will only rise to 50E after the intro period ends.

This seemed strange to me so I had a look at the contract and there is no mention of 50E, only 72E/month!

Is there some fishy sales tactic going on here.?  I know the family member can cancel within 14 days and perhaps they misunderstood the sales spiel but I would like it clarified, Thanks.

Comments

Bump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Bump!
    Hi DrDonkey, 

Thank you for getting in touch :) 

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, as you are not named on the account we would be unable to access the account from here. You will need to have the account holder contact us directly from their account. If they do not have an account they can contact our Customer Care team on 1901 and they will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Bump!
    Hi DrDonkey, 

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, as you are not named on the account we would be unable to access the account from here. You will need to have the account holder contact us directly from their account. If they do not have an account they can contact our Customer Care team on 1901 and they will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    I will be paying the bill and I am asking if what I have described is correct or not?

My family member was told 50E after 3 months but the contract says 72E.  You don't appear to have denied it so it seems there is some hush hush pricing going on.    Is this the case?
    She is under the impression that you will charge 50E  (your salesperson said, ring us after the three months and we will charge you E50 instead of E72) but I'm old school and I wont let her stay with a contract that doesnt reflect the actual terms.

So, would appreciate a simple clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Bump!
    Hi DrDonkey, 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    I will be paying the bill and I am asking if what I have described is correct or not?

My family member was told 50E after 3 months but the contract says 72E.  You don't appear to have denied it so it seems there is some hush hush pricing going on.    Is this the case?
    She is under the impression that you will charge 50E  (your salesperson said, ring us after the three months and we will charge you E50 instead of E72) but I'm old school and I wont let her stay with a contract that doesnt reflect the actual terms.

I can clarify there is no secret pricing. This may be an error but I am afraid without speaking to the account we are unable to confirm this. 

You will need to have the account holder contact us directly in order for us to look into this.

Apologies I am unable to be a further assistance for you from here. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

Bump!
    Hi DrDonkey, 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

I can clarify there is no secret pricing. This may be an error but I am afraid without speaking to the account we are unable to confirm this. 

You will need to have the account holder contact us directly in order for us to look into this.

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara
    Ok thanks, thats clear.  Shes must have misunderstood your salesperson .   I will see that she cancels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Bump!
    Hi DrDonkey, 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara
    Ok thanks, thats clear.  Shes must have misunderstood your salesperson .   I will see that she cancels.
    No problem  Deleted User,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement