Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW *Clash Of Champions Spoilers*

• 26-09-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

It's that time of the bastard week again, another RAW, and following last nights screwy finish in the Rollins/Owens WWE Universal Championship match, to quote Whatculture's King Ross, New Era, Same Old ****..

Quick hit preview

Was Rollins robbed last night? Yes, yes he was, Stephanie stealing the spotlight

How will Cesaro and Sheamus react to the conclusion of the Best of Seven Series?

Will chaos continue among the Cruiserweights?

How will Roman Reigns celebrate his first U.S. Title reign?

Who will be The New Day’s next challengers? Gallows and Anderson should've won last night

The usual, SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00, Whatculture W.T.F Moment to be posted tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The main question over this show - what will the rating be? Many are expecting this to be the worst rated show ever as they go up against NFL and the first Hillary/Trump debate.

Honestly I'll probably be watching the debate myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cesaro and Sheamus will continue with a best of 105 so they can go week in week out for the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah the ratings always seem to slump around this time of year with the NFL back up and running, added pressure with the first televised throw down/debate/shouting match between Hillary & Trump - That's guaranteed to be car crash/what silly remark will Trump come out with this time..

Skipping RAW tonight for an early night..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Cesaro and Sheamus will continue with a best of 105 so they can go week in week out for the next year.

52-52 and match 105 will be a double countout no contest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The main question over this show - what will the rating be? Many are expecting this to be the worst rated show ever as they go up against NFL and the first Hillary/Trump debate.

Honestly I'll probably be watching the debate myself.

Hadn't even put 2+2 together with the debate. Wow, this is going to be slaughtered.

I wonder if, knowing that, they'll do a miserable filler show...

• Advertisement

Who is going to be Hillary and who is going to be Trump n RAW tonight I'm sure Vince will be doing his best to back his buddy Trump with some nice propaganda.

Well if Vince is gonna blow smoke up Trumps backside, I sure as hell definitely won't be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

They should just rerun the Scott Steiner/Christopher Nowinski debate

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The club and reigns to win.

• Advertisement

"Didn't watch the PPV? Doesn't matter. Did watch it? ****ing idiot! Hahahaha...."

The Club NEED to win.

The Club MUST win..As much as I love The New Day, they are starting to become stale in my eyes..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The Club MUST win..As much as I love The New Day, they are starting to become stale in my eyes..

Both need it. New Day have been doing the same thing for months and need refreshing, but The Club have been chasing the titles for how long now? They've done nothing but lose over the last few weeks, and switching the titles would do the world of good for both sides...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Club have been awful and shouldn't win the titles. Start another feud with Enzo and Cass and have them win it.

Is the debate on any channel here I might toss a coin one with one to watch.

There will probably be more smack talk in the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They could put the belts on Stephanie and Foley for all people care about this show lately.
    Meaningless rematches for meaningless ppv matches. We'll probably see them once again at Hell in a Cell anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is the debate on any channel here I might toss a coin one with one to watch.

There will probably be more smack talk in the debate.

Channel 4 are showing it live. It will probably be on the usual news channels too. The debate is starting at 2 am our time I believe so I'll watch an hour of Raw and then switch over. I can't wait to see how big the ratings nosedive is going to be for this show. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Raw hasnt even started and already over 1/2 way to the number of posts in last weeks thread, and most of them are Trump/Clinton related!

2 rematchs from last night announced (no doubt there'll be more, esp Sheamus/Cesaro) makes me wonder why they bothered with the ppv at all?! The Club have to win, and only reason they didnt last night (imo) is because New Day are now 400 days champs. Sounds better than 399...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

It's that time of the bastard week again

This is quickly becoming my favourite quote at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Rusev getting a jobber entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is such a pointless match. We know and the crowd knows what's going to happen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

The main event of the night has just began.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

My least favourite thing in wrestling right now? The booking of The Club. This was your chance to have a new, dominant and vicious tag team tear through New Day and make them sympathetic baby faces as they try gain revenge on The Club.

Instead they have been made to look like a joke, get involved in terrible skits and constantly end the night with their shoulders on the mat. While The New Day become a tired act because nothing has changed with them. A massive, massive shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Raw hasn't gotten any better since the split.

Jericho/Owens and the Cruisers are the only thing worth watching. Rest of the show is just boring. I can't even be arsed to write up a big long thing detailing my annoyances anymore, since it would only be retreading what I've been saying for weeks...

Did Charlotte actually say Sasha ****?
    :pac: :o

Watching now on fast forward but at one point it went to a 5 minute ad came back to Mick Foley walking in a hall and went straight back to an ad for 5 minutes.

10 minutes of ads 30 seconds of programming.

So is Sheamus on his way to becoming a Triple Crown Winner I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Was there a f*cking CM Punk champ during the TJ Perkins match? they tried to change it to TJP but the crowd just didn't care! :mad:

It looks to me like the Cruisers are just going to be used for now as spot monkeys in there tag matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cesaro/Sheamus= League of Nations 2

Think they will win the tag titles but Sheamus will turn on Cesaro a short time later and the rivilary will start again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah they badly need to develop some heels and faces in the Cruiserweight division or else the spot fests will get very old, very quickly. Kendrick looked good in the promo last night, so hopefully it's a sign that they are aware of this need. That Gulak guy also has the moveset to be a good heel, I wonder if he's any good on the mic.

They could also start another CWC style tournament. 32 entrants requires a total of 31 matches. At 1 or 2 per week on RAW they could have this build toward a grand final at the Royal Rumble, where the winner would go on to face Perkins at Wrestlemania for the title. In the meantime you could have the losers in each round job to Perkins and Kendrick to build them up during their feud. Or maybe even get Neville involved at some point.

Hell, with all that, they'd have enough to fill each RAW with an entire hour of meaningful content.

But of course, they'll stick with random spot fests until Vince gets bored and has Stephanie slap them all for being small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Was there a f*cking CM Punk champ during the TJ Perkins match? they tried to change it to TJP but the crowd just didn't care! :mad:

Even when wwe try to change things sometimes the fans just are a let down with random chanting. Absolutly no need for a cm punk chant in what was a good match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There was a Randy Savage chant too and according to someone on Reddit a "Go away" chant also.

They threw all these new guys into the deep end I'm guessing the casual viewer doesn't know who they are and doesn't really care. They should put someone the crowd is familiar with to challenge Perkins. Neville is doing nothing and I'm pretty sure he'd qualify for the CW division and the crowd like him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

J. Marston wrote: »
    There was a Randy Savage chant too and according to someone on Reddit a "Go away" chant also.

They threw all these new guys into the deep end I'm guessing the casual viewer doesn't know who they are and doesn't really care. They should put someone the crowd is familiar with to challenge Perkins. Neville is doing nothing and I'm pretty sure he'd qualify for the CW division and the crowd like him.

I didn't like the crowd for that but they can't assume their Raw crowd is going to be like the CWC crowd. The Raw crowd don't know these guys so especially if you give them a tag match where the crowd know nothing is on the line and there is no storyline that had been told to the audience going into the match they simply will not care.

Even if it's something as simple as instead have a 1 on 1 where someone like Rich Swann gets a promo introducing himself to the audience in ring before the match where he states that by winning here he will get 1 step closer to earning a CW title shot but that he will do it with style and wow the crowd. Then even if it's only 5m long and against a jobber the crowd will have a reason to care.

Personally I wouldn;t introduce all the CWs at once either. Have them cameo on NXT / do house shows until you have stories for them to be introduced with or at leaast until it's their turn ad you wanna give the audience time to get to know them all. As said previously have Neville or Kalisto (should be on Raw with the CWs tbh) come out and say they wanna challenge TJP only for a CW to come out (introduce themselves to the audience) and tell them to get in line and that if they want into the CW division they will have to go through them. Jack Gallagher for example going the distance and not losing to Neville even if it was to end with a double count out or something would really benefit and with his unique look and such an intro / reason to care the crowd wouldn't sh1t on it.

This is the issue when you presume everyone watches NXT or CWC. Bayley is suffering the same way imo. These people are just being dropped onto Raw with little to no build, little to no chance to explain who they are or what their motivations are, and then we're shocked when the crowd aren't hot for them?

Take away the CWC, pretend you never saw it. Why should you care about the CW tag match on Raw? What investment do the crowd have in the match? Perkins has a title that he just appeared with, and faced a guy who no one had seen for years, who also didn't get a chance to explain why he was there or what his motivation is (and that's criminal, cause TBK's story is awesome).

You can't just throw people out in front of a crowd and be shocked when they exhibit boredom :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But those same ones chanting are the same ones who try to act smarky, so they should at least pretend to know who these guys are and give them a chance.

ERG89 wrote: »
    No she said Sasha Bhaincs, thinking that was the Irish for Banks in her attempt to appeal to the Iriah crowd.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But those same ones chanting are the same ones who try to act smarky, so they should at least pretend to know who these guys are and give them a chance.

No she said Sasha Bhaincs, thinking that was the Irish for Banks in her attempt to appeal to the Iriah crowd.

I didn't watch the show, I was listening to Review a Wai & John kept saying it.
    As for the Cruiserweights they haven't given a reason for people to get invested in them, won't hold my breath on that changing with the numerous problems with this show it's the least of their worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

My least favourite thing in wrestling right now? The booking of The Club. This was your chance to have a new, dominant and vicious tag team tear through New Day and make them sympathetic baby faces as they try gain revenge on The Club.

Instead they have been made to look like a joke, get involved in terrible skits and constantly end the night with their shoulders on the mat. While The New Day become a tired act because nothing has changed with them. A massive, massive shame.

All they had to do was book them strong the way they were for majority of the match at Clash of Champions, put the belts on them after awhile and sit back and print money. The Usos look more threatening than The Club now and that's saying something.

All they had to do was book them strong the way they were for majority of the match at Clash of Champions, put the belts on them after awhile and sit back and print money. The Usos look more threatening than The Club now and that's saying something.

Sadly, this is true, I bet Anderson & Gallows wished they stayed in New Japan, a serious waste of talented wrestlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Sadly, this is true, I bet Anderson & Gallows wished they stayed in New Japan, a serious waste of talented wrestlers.

I'd say once their contracts are up they'd be straight back to Japan or somewhere else, even a move to Smackdown at the next draft wouldn't save them now imo unless WWE could persuade someone like The Elite to sign and have The Club vs. The Elite feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

ERG89 wrote: »

She definately did, yep. I think she meant it in a "Waah Waaah Waaaaah" sorta way and not a "Fap Fap Fap" sorta way....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Get Steph off TV, ASAP. She only takes away from stories by having them focus on her and less on the actual wrestlers involved.

Advertisement