Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to get a GNIB card?

Options
  • 26-09-2016 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi! I am an American studying abroad in Ireland until December. On my passport, I was given 90 days to get a visa, which gives me til December 11th, and I probably won't travel after that (except leaving to go back to America). My school told us students to go and get a GNIB card, but I'm wondering if there's a way around it since it costs 300 Euro. I plan to travel to Barcelona in October and to Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Germany in November. I didn't need a Visa to enter Ireland in the first place since I'm from America, so since I have until December 11th on my passport, do I really need to get a GNIB card to re-enter after those trips I'm taking? I don't want to evade the law or anything, I am just hoping to save money where I can because to me it seems unnecessary to pay that much if I didn't need the visa to enter Ireland in the first place.

Advertisement