Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APT TIMESWITCH

Options
  • 26-09-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,
    So today I tried to fixed an issue with the apt immersion timeswitch. I have been unable to set the timer and get clock to work. I purchased a new apt timer and when I went to replace wiring I see 1 black wire, 1 blue wire and 1 brown wire. On the unit I have L1, L2 & L3. Can anyone tell me how to get the clock to work with 3 cables ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This forum is for site feedback. I'll move your question somewhere more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 IAC

Thank you. Just signed up today

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No worries. Welcome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

IAC wrote: »
    Hi all,
    So today I tried to fixed an issue with the apt immersion timeswitch. I have been unable to set the timer and get clock to work. I purchased a new apt timer and when I went to replace wiring I see 1 black wire, 1 blue wire and 1 brown wire. On the unit I have L1, L2 & L3. Can anyone tell me how to get the clock to work with 3 cables ?

It's not possible to do this If the information you provided is correct. Id recommend contacting a REC

Why so ? I can manually turn it on and hearing workings. I just can't set it to come on automatically for some reason. Why will the clock not work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Why so ? I can manually turn it on and hearing workings. I just can't set it to come on automatically for some reason. Why will the clock not work

I have no idea what this statement means.
    I'm a sparks and take my word for it you will not get it to work going on the information provided. Before you cause further faults I'd recommend getting a REC out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Does the clock work when it's on the timed on period?

No, I can't get the clock working at all. However I can turn it on just not timed. Hope that makes sense.

When you turn it on does the timer run?

No, nothing.

• Advertisement

Where have you connected the wires? L1-colour, L2-colour, L3-colour?

Black L1
    Brown L2
    Blue L3

Do you have a model number for the switch?

I'm hesitant to ask you the voltages on each wire as it involves mains voltages.

No idea of voltage but switch is APT IMM24

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

IAC wrote:
    No idea of voltage but switch is APT IMM24

Op it's clear from reading this post that this is beyond you.
    You need to get a registered electrical contractor to fix the issue for you. Its not a big job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement