Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of advice please

• 27-09-2016 12:15am

Hey,

Tried vaping a few years ago, ended up using a VIP battery with an aspire clearomiser (if that's the right term) anyway it just didn't work, the battery wasn't powerful enough and I barely used it.

Desperate now to get off the fags the plan is to start off with 16mg and work down. I current smoke 20 Marlboro lights a day and if drinking would be closer to 40, is this the right level?

I basically googled the best you can get because I want to give myself the best chance. I'm going to buy a jaqvapour series b tilt. Off their site this comes with a geni aero tank (I'm aperantly a mouth to lung vapour? Just a. Normal smoker?)

The official jaqvapour site asks what replacement coils I want 1.5 or 1.8 ohm, I don't know can anyone help? It offers a few different options of coils each type

Also what wattage should I have this thing on, people say these box mod things are dangerous so I'm unsure if that's rubbish or I need to actually be carefull

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Hey,

Tried vaping a few years ago, ended up using a VIP battery with an aspire clearomiser (if that's the right term) anyway it just didn't work, the battery wasn't powerful enough and I barely used it.

Desperate now to get off the fags the plan is to start off with 16mg and work down. I current smoke 20 Marlboro lights a day and if drinking would be closer to 40, is this the right level?

I basically googled the best you can get because I want to give myself the best chance. I'm going to buy a jaqvapour series b tilt. Off their site this comes with a geni aero tank (I'm aperantly a mouth to lung vapour? Just a. Normal smoker?)

The official jaqvapour site asks what replacement coils I want 1.5 or 1.8 ohm, I don't know can anyone help? It offers a few different options of coils each type

Also what wattage should I have this thing on, people say these box mod things are dangerous so I'm unsure if that's rubbish or I need to actually be carefull

Thanks
    Dave

Can't stand VIP products, overpriced sh!te IMO!

What I'd recommend for mouth to lung is the trusty istick and Nautilus tank.

Battery: http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/539-30w-eleaf-istick-full-kit.html

Tank: http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/aspire-clearomizers/470-aspire-nautilus-mini.html

With the Nautilus Mini tank, I would recommend going for the 1.8 ohm coil.

I would also recommend starting at 18mg juice and adjust then to your liking.

In regards to wattage, I would stay in or around 10-12 watts. With the 30w istick, the battery life will last atleast a day if not two.. depending on the usage.

Best of luck and any more questions, fire away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I totally agree with mighty's recommendations & also get a couple of spare 1.8 coils http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html

and try some of this Liqua eliquid at REGULAR Nic strength to start with http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/liqua-eliquid/12-10ml-liqua-eliquid.html

If you buy from Bestshop,add the code IRISHVAPE & you will get 10% off your cart of goodies...

Thanks guys, very reasonable on price which is good. Can you replace the batter in the one above?

Thanks guys, very reasonable on price which is good. Can you replace the batter in the one above?

No,it's built-in,this one http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/759-eleaf-istick-pico-mega-tc-express-kit.html you can change the battery & it can handle advanced vaping in the future...

I'd go for a built in battery for the mean time and see how you like it. Saves you buying an external charger and a couple of 18650's.

Let us know what you end up going for :)

• Advertisement

Lads thanks for all the advice but with an alcohol fueled decision I ended up going for the jaqvapour. I'm so pleased, I know its obvious to experienced vapers but the difference between it and the piece of crap I previously used is ridiculous.I really think I will get off the fags with this :)

I'll take pics if anyone wants to see, the build quality is something else.

One question, it comes with a chart and I've seen them online aswell

The coil or whatever its called I'm using is 1.8 ohm, the chart says if I go above 3.7 volts I will blow the coil or burn the liquid. Now the volts and the watts move together so its currently at 3.7 volt and 7.4 watts, they move in unison so I went as high watt I could without going over 3.7 volt.

I blasted it up to 12 watt there (I didn't look at the volt that it reached I presume maybe 5) and the cloud was much bigger and the hit better, what's the max I can push this thing with the 1.8 ohm coil?
    Are the charts acurate ?
    Also how often should I replace the coil, I bought 5 replacement kanger tech coils for it
    Thanks
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

I blasted it up to 12 watt there (I didn't look at the volt that it reached I presume maybe 5) and the cloud was much bigger and the hit better, what's the max I can push this thing with the 1.8 ohm coil? Are the charts acurate ? Also how often should I replace the coil, I bought 5 replacement kanger tech coils for it Thanks Dave

Hi Dave I must admit I've never heard of either of these products before, but Kanger is a tried a true brand that has gotten some great feedback so on that basis, good choice! The recommended wattage/voltage is there for a reason to ensure the coil doesn't burn out and you don't get the dreaded dry hit. That being said it can be seen as a guide, playing around with the power and finding the setting that works for you is the best way to go, you'll taste the coil burning too high and know to go back down. Also if you find the liquid getting darker and less flavourful that could be an indication the coil needs changing, but you'll get used to the subtleties over time. Generally the darker the liquid to begin with the shorter the lifespan of the coil in my experience, but they can last any where from a couple of days to over a week, so many factors can change this but again, your experience will be unique to your set up. You'll get hang of it soon enough. Just remember with a new coil, allow a few minutes for the coil to soak up some liquid before using and try to start on a lower power and work your way up, reduces the chance of a burnt coil, best of luck!

So I'm off the smokes 4 days and loving this, I want to try some new flavours but don't want to be draining my tank every timw so I'm going to get another tank to have for my tobacco liquid.

The way I see this is that the tank that I buy may aswell be an upgrade, I can then use it as a main tank and use my kanger geni aero tank ive already got as the tank for my non tobacco liquid.

So if I go on the jaqvapour website I see they have a tank which looks like an upgrade. So it looks like the tank I have is the kanger geni aero tank, mini not the mega. It says 510 on it .

I see they have a kanger tip tank mini for 25 GBP, looks like you can rebuild the coils yourself and they provide the cotton. Would this be a worthwhile buy?

I mouth to lung vape and have no interest in anything else. The fact that you can rebuild the coils looks like it could save me some cash?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Don't want to get huge into the vaping trying to get off the fags (working so far) but if I'm going to buy a second tank it may aswell be an upgrade I'm thinking.

Thanks
    Dave

So I'm off the smokes 4 days and loving this, I want to try some new flavours but don't want to be draining my tank every timw so I'm going to get another tank to have for my tobacco liquid.

The way I see this is that the tank that I buy may aswell be an upgrade, I can then use it as a main tank and use my kanger geni aero tank ive already got as the tank for my non tobacco liquid.

So if I go on the jaqvapour website I see they have a tank which looks like an upgrade. So it looks like the tank I have is the kanger geni aero tank, mini not the mega. It says 510 on it .

I see they have a kanger tip tank mini for 25 GBP, looks like you can rebuild the coils yourself and they provide the cotton. Would this be a worthwhile buy?

I mouth to lung vape and have no interest in anything else. The fact that you can rebuild the coils looks like it could save me some cash?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Don't want to get huge into the vaping trying to get off the fags (working so far) but if I'm going to buy a second tank it may aswell be an upgrade I'm thinking.

Thanks
    Dave

Great stuff, fair play!

As for the tank, you're saying you want an upgrade and that you are mouth to lung - I would recommend the nautilus mini, much better flavour and vapour from the 1.8 ohm bvc coils with that tank compared to the aero. It's the guts of 20 euro all in all but well worth it, better built and basically leak proof.

I would recommend leaving the RBA's/building your own coils for now, see how you get on!

Great stuff, fair play!

As for the tank, you're saying you want an upgrade and that you are mouth to lung - I would recommend the nautilus mini, much better flavour and vapour from the 1.8 ohm bvc coils with that tank compared to the aero. It's the guts of 20 euro all in all but well worth it, better built and basically leak proof.

I would recommend leaving the RBA's/building your own coils for now, see how you get on!

Thanks man, I'm defo gona check out that tank it looks really good.Ive read good reviews about Nautilus, really good value aswell!

If I was to look at the rba option , I'm pretty handy so would have no problem building the coils looking at videos online. What are the pros and cons? Can you keep the same base forever and just keep buying spare wick and wire, do the coils only come in certain wire?

Would they be something only used by lung vapours or can anyone use them, could I buy 1.8 ohm wires like is in my current coils..

If I want a stronger hit what would be my next option from a 1.8 coil, I'm using like 8 watts cause according to a chart I read any more will damage the coil. Would I go for a lower coil

Really appreciate the help lads, would be lost without this forum and it really is a minefield for a newbie. Its really interesting the different options available.

• Advertisement

Thanks man, I'm defo gona check out that tank it looks really good.Ive read good reviews about Nautilus, really good value aswell!

If I was to look at the rba option , I'm pretty handy so would have no problem building the coils looking at videos online. What are the pros and cons? Can you keep the same base forever and just keep buying spare wick and wire, do the coils only come in certain wire?

Would they be something only used by lung vapours or can anyone use them, could I buy 1.8 ohm wires like is in my current coils..

If I want a stronger hit what would be my next option from a 1.8 coil, I'm using like 8 watts cause according to a chart I read any more will damage the coil. Would I go for a lower coil

Really appreciate the help lads, would be lost without this forum and it really is a minefield for a newbie. Its really interesting the different options available.

Well done on giving up those stinkies...

This one seems to be a good MTL & a DL tank,use thinner wire for higher Ohms...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMZPcjLD08k

Here are 2 videos for the Kayfun 3.1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTVkss1Iawo

This one shows you how to build a coil on the Kayfun,the blow torch is not needed anymore,new ways of doing it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bq75rY4kKw

Both these tanks can be bought at Bestshop...

Maybe others will suggest a better MTL RTA (rebuild-able tank atomizer)

Lads I ended up buying the kanger tip tank mini, the only question I have is if I build use my own coils rba to save cash 1.8 ohm like I have been using in the pre built, can I expect my liquid usage to go up or is that purely based off the ohm level And watts you use or the actual design of the atomiser ?

I see people saying you have to lower your nicotine and the rba eat liquid but the fact I'm running 1.8 and am not sub ohming I'm not sure?

I know these tanks are designed for sub ohm mouth to lung but I have no interest , just wanted a bit of new kit and fancied giving building my own 1.8 coils a try.

Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

1.8 is 1.8, should be similar juice usage. here's a good coil calculator -

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

for 1.8 ohms you're looking to single coil builds, just make sure the RDA you go for allows this. A lot of the new ones don't have single coil airflow options.

Thanks thecageyone, you've been a lot of help for me. It looks like it will be fine to use 1 coil. That's what it looks like it uses so I'll let you guys know

Lads I ended up buying the kanger tip tank mini, the only question I have is if I build use my own coils rba to save cash 1.8 ohm like I have been using in the pre built, can I expect my liquid usage to go up or is that purely based off the ohm level And watts you use or the actual design of the atomiser ?

I see people saying you have to lower your nicotine and the rba eat liquid but the fact I'm running 1.8 and am not sub ohming I'm not sure?

I know these tanks are designed for sub ohm mouth to lung but I have no interest , just wanted a bit of new kit and fancied giving building my own 1.8 coils a try.

Tks

The Top tank is a direct lung vaping tank & has sub ohm coils,but you can do MTL (watch 2nd video for that) the coil installed in the tank when you get it,is a temp control Nickel coil which must be used in Ni temp control only.
    If you want to build higher ohms,get some 28 gauge kanthal wire & use 8 wraps around a 2.5 screwdriver or drill bit.
    The first video is for building a coil in the Top Tank.
    This should keep you busy for a while,more videos you watch the more tips & tricks you will pick up.
    Good luck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo0IZnJNzIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ1v3Q4myGw

Advertisement