Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period

Options
  • 27-09-2016 11:23am
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I would like some clarification regarding the cooling off period please. 

The phoneline went active last Tuesday the 20th for testing purposes on your end, I can supposedly get fibre now so the technician is booked to come out next Monday 3rd of October to install the fibre. In the e-mail I received outlining my bundle it says the following under "14 day cooling off period" :

"[font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]In the case of a bundle, the cancellation period will expire 14 days from the date of provision of the final element of the bundle."[/font]

This means my cooling off period commences when the technician installs the fibre not 14 days from last Tuesday, correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I would like some clarification regarding the cooling off period please. 

The phoneline went active last Tuesday the 20th for testing purposes on your end, I can supposedly get fibre now so the technician is booked to come out next Monday 3rd of October to install the fibre. In the e-mail I received outlining my bundle it says the following under "14 day cooling off period" :

"[font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]In the case of a bundle, the cancellation period will expire 14 days from the date of provision of the final element of the bundle."[/font]

This means my cooling off period commences when the technician installs the fibre not 14 days from last Tuesday, correct?
    Hi Mickeroo, 

Thank you for your post :)

Yes, the 14 day cooling off period starts from when all services go active. 

I am very sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was sure I was told on the phone it would be from when the phone line was active, this would have left me with only one evening to decide whether we're happy with the fibre service or not.

The rep put me on a 12 month eirtalk contract as a preliminary measure to test the phone line, would this effect the cooling off period?

I just want to be absolutely clear that my cooling off period will be from next Monday or whenever the technician makes it out.

Thanks Ciara :)

I was sure I was told on the phone it would be from when the phone line was active, this would have left me with only one evening to decide whether we're happy with the fibre service or not.

The rep put me on a 12 month eirtalk contract as a preliminary measure to test the phone line, would this effect the cooling off period?

I just want to be absolutely clear that my cooling off period will be from next Monday or whenever the technician makes it out.

Thanks Ciara :)
    No, the 12-month contract will not affect your cooling off period. 

I can confirm your cooling off period starts from when everything on your account is active. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Excellent Ciara, thank you very much for your help.

Excellent Ciara, thank you very much for your help.
    No problem at all Mickeroo :)

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

• Advertisement
Advertisement