Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car cosmetix Sandyford

Options
  • 27-09-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So here I go I don't like to leave bad reviews but due to the nature of how I was treated I have no other choice
    I went to this company on reading reviews of many people both here and throughout other social media sites which spoke nothing but good about this place
    Unfortunately my experience is not quite what those review spoke of it wasn't all bad car was collected and dropped as agreed but that's about where all the good that there was, the paint job was rough dust under neath handle wasn't taken off lacquer all rough under door just overall finish on a brand new car is very bad gave them 2 opportunities to fix the issue first one seemed to help in some way but still not 100% and the second time well I had the pleasure of dealing with the owner who when i argued the point about handle and other parts of car told me that these cars come like this from the factory and proceeded to make threats to me that he knows where I live. I now have to pay for another place to fix the work that they started so money out of pocket for me I would highly recommend people avoid this place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

One of the lads on BMWHaus had some of the most appalling work I've ever seen done by them, its a shame you didn't come across his thread. They come across as being totally incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ashleybyrne

kdevitt wrote: »
    One of the lads on BMWHaus had some of the most appalling work I've ever seen done by them, its a shame you didn't come across his thread. They come across as being totally incompetent.

Yes I am sorry now I'll definitely do some in depth research should I ever need work of this nature done again I hope someone else doesn't have to experience what I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99046675

Number of similar threads already which urge caution. Worst job I ever had done on a car was with this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭easygoing39

The OP's writing sytle seems to be as bad as this crowds paintwork.Would you please use a few full stops/sentence's,makes it easier to read your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

The OP's writing sytle seems to be as bad as this crowds paintwork.Would you please use a few full stops/sentence's,makes it easier to read your posts.

I think the style is a reflection of his frustration and I would totally understand that, as someone who also went 3 times to give them an opportunity to resolve.

I eventually formed the view that they were either unwilling or inescapable of doing a professional job and gave up. In hindsight I regret not going to the small claims court with my issue.

• Advertisement

The post was typed up on a phone, I was rather annoyed and wasn't really thinking about full stops or making it read like a book. It was me trying to get my experience out there to ensure no one else had to go through same heart ache

E30i wrote: »
    I think the style is a reflection of his frustration and I would totally understand that, as someone who also went 3 times to give them an opportunity to resolve.

I eventually formed the view that they were either unwilling or inescapable of doing a professional job and gave up. In hindsight I regret not going to the small claims court with my issue.

Thanks yes exactly what you said is true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

You shouldn't let them away with it. It seems they have a habit of providing a shoddy service.

*Kol* wrote: »
    You shouldn't let them away with it. It seems they have a habit of providing a shoddy service.

Car is going back into vw Monday they are going to do a proper job they will then give me a bill which I will be pursuing further I won't be left out of pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

Try Ace body in Bray. They did an excellent job after another company (carcraft) messed things up.
    They do work for some of the main dealers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Just came across this post and so glad I did. Car Cosmetix appear to have good reviews on FB but it appears they are not so good afterall. I'm rather particular about my car so I guess those who give 5 stars on FB are the type who don't give a s**t about their car. Has anyone dealt with Dennings? A friend recommended them to me, I called over today and although it is an impressive facility, I'm not blown away by their staff or approachability. Any thoughts on them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

bs2014 wrote: »
    Has anyone dealt with Dennings? A friend recommended them to me, I called over today and although it is an impressive facility, I'm not blown away by their staff or approachability. Any thoughts on them?

Have used Dennings a couple of times over the years and they are excellent. The staff there know what they're at and don't cut any corners. You'll pay a bit more but it's worth it for peace of mind IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure why you brought back a thread about one company to ask about another.

Start new threads in future instead. Thx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement