Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surly Long Haul Trucker Frame Size (700C)

Options
  • 27-09-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm planning on buying a Surly LHT 700C frameset to start a build and have narrowed the size down to a 58cm or 60cm frame. I'd really like to throw my leg over either size to check the fit. Would any boardsie in or around Dublin have an LHT in 58cm or 60cm so I can check the size? Send me a PM if you can help me out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

hi, I would hijack this thread as am considering a very same frame for me, yet in 54cm, 56cm or 58cm frame.

Would any of you boardsie' in or around Dublin/Wicklow have LHT in 54cm, 56cm or 58cm size frame to let me try and see to narrow down which shize would fit me perfectly? Please send me a pm if you can let me try (I don't need ever ride it, just sit and try the height).

Thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Phone Hollingsworth Cycles and Cyclebike off Capel Street.
    Both supply Surly. Got mine there. They might have one in store.
    Worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Planet X wrote: »
    Phone Hollingsworth Cycles and Cyclebike off Capel Street.
    Both supply Surly. Got mine there. They might have one in store.
    Worth a call.

Yep same here, got my Surly Straggler in cyclebike so they should definitely have something you can try out

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Big Eejit

Cerdito wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm planning on buying a Surly LHT 700C frameset to start a build and have narrowed the size down to a 58cm or 60cm frame. I'd really like to throw my leg over either size to check the fit. Would any boardsie in or around Dublin have an LHT in 58cm or 60cm so I can check the size? Send me a PM if you can help me out!

I bought a 60cm Disc Trucker a few years ago online (I'm not in Dublin) and chanced my arm with the sizing. I'm not the first person to realise that I should've gone for the 58 instead of the 60; These bikes feel very long compared to any other bike I've every ridden and are noted for their 'longness'.

My 'fix' was to throw a flatbar on it instead of dropbars.

Advertisement