Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup showing in any D15 pubs this weekend?

Options
  • 27-09-2016 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

I know Saturday is All Ireland replay day but would anyone know of any D15 pubs that typically show the golf championships? My dad will be up for the weekend and I don't have Sky Sports and he would love to see a few hours of the Ryder Cup on the Saturday somewhere before the All Ireland.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Myos is a good bet to have it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

club house at castleknock golf club is open to the public. Westmonstown would most likely put it on at least one TV for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Any of the local pubs will throw it up on a TV before the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

There's also a Leinster match at 7.30.

The Carpenter usually show multiple sports on different screens, might be a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The vineyard in blanch village tends to show the golf on at least one screen, though I suspect once the Gah comes on that'll take over every screen in the place.

As mentioned already, Westmanstown will definitely have it on.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

It has been on in the Carpenter in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Past30Now wrote: »
    It has been on in the Carpenter in previous years.
    Not clashing with the GAA final though ;)

Anyway, OP indicates that he and Pops want to watch the game. So golf before it wouldn't be an issue anywhere I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Thanks guys for all your recommendations! To be sure, he won't be missing the GAA, he just wants to get a few hours of golf in beforehand! Westmanstown sounds like a plan!

Advertisement